OtakuBoards

Movies Made with Game Engines

50 cent

Good Idea or Bad Idea  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Good Idea or Bad Idea

• Good
    • Bad

[SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][I][B]Okay well I don't know about you guys but I have been on the internet a lot lately and I have been noticing movies, or short films made by the use of video games! Yep your read right video games, well I would just like to see what you all think about this. Also if you would like post some links for us to view.

Well I got a link of a very well done music video created by a guy named chubark. He did this video all on his own with only two xbox's and two controllers and some very nicely dones film editing. The song is all these things that I have done by the killers. Heres the link

[URL=http://files4.bungie.org/atttidfinal.wmv][COLOR=Blue][U]Windows Media Player format[/U][/COLOR][/URL]
[URL=http://thatweasel.tv/video/Chubark-ATTTID.mp4][COLOR=Blue][U]Quicktime Format[/U][/COLOR][/URL]

Oh and if the link doesn't work just let me know. Also moderaters if this is in wrong location please move it.[/B][/I][/FONT][/SIZE]

Yeah thier have been alot of flash cartoons using gam engines lately. The most popular one would have to be Red vs. BLue. Many of the other cartoons are just short skits, or like you said, music vidoes. Personally I would have to say red vs. Blue is my favorite of all of the videos, it is just so funny, and i love Caboose.

[color=darkred]There's a website that hosts a couple of decent Twisted Metal: Black flash videos. They weren't created using the Twisted Metal engine, or any game engine, but they provide some cool insightings to a few of the characters' story lines. Actually, the dude who created them was sponsored by Sony to do so, as kind of a promotional thing.

Just thought I'd bring that up.[/color]

[SIZE=1][I]Ya I'm glad you all know about some places that do these videos but, it would be nice to place a link to something, and I mean videos created from game engines. I also know that mtv does thee video mods but those aren't using the game engines they made them do what they wanted by coding it themselves, I want video links or website links and your thoughts on these good or bad is welcome.[/I][/SIZE]

[quote]One movie in particular that I am looking forward to the most is Final Fantasy: Advent Children.... GOD THE GRAPHICS!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

He was talking about flash movies made using in-game engines by a group of small people, not movies based on games that are made using a different engine.

[quote name='Killer7']He was talking about flash movies made using in-game engines by a group of small people, not movies based on games that are made using a different engine.[/quote]

I know that. But if you look at the title it does not restrict me from commenting on that said movie :P I aint a n00b here :P

Anyways also on a similar topic Red Vs Blue great stuff. there is also Fire team charlie which is the same thing kinda since they take footage from Halo as well but overall I put my money on Red Vs. Blue

[SIZE=1][I][QUOTE=Burori]I know that. But if you look at the title it does not restrict me from commenting on that said movie :P I aint a n00b here :P

Anyways also on a similar topic Red Vs Blue great stuff. there is also Fire team charlie which is the same thing kinda since they take footage from Halo as well but overall I put my money on Red Vs. Blue[/QUOTE]

Apparently you are noob here. Look at the title. Movies made BY games. Not movies for games. Read a little before you post, and if you were smart read the other posts to so you know what is going on becuase I just clearly said I didn't want any post like oh I want to see the FF: Advent Children movie good graphics. I want to know what sites you know about( and it would be nice to post links) and what you think about them ex: Oh I think they are a wonderful idea I mean it just shows how much you can do with a simple shoot them up game like Halo.[/I][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Red][I][B]So please no more posts like oh thats cool I want a discussion not stupid little comments. I mean I want to know what you think about these, give us some links to movies so we can watch them and say what we think about them , so don't post unless you have something reasonable to say.[/B][/I][/COLOR]

You always are a hot head 50 you gotta just be calm lad. I know what the title says. If you want to go into a huge hypothetical area you would know that the movie was made by the game's storyplot but if this offends your brain I'll stop arguing with you to make your childness smile.

[color=#4B0082]Sigh. ... Okay, here's what I'm going to do: Change the title to "Movies Made with Game Engines," to state more clearly what 50 cent intended the thread to be about. And as such, Advent Children does not fall under that category, so please use its dedicated [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=31540][u]thread[/u][/url] if you want to talk about it.

And also, posting what amounts to "OMG Advent Children are teh pretty!" is something I normally delete for being spam when I see it. It's pointless to say nothing but that, as it adds nothing to the discussion, even in the Advent Children thread. No one cares since everybody already knows the graphics are amazing, and there are hordes of other people who are excited about the movie.[/color]

[SIZE=1][I]Thanks debresko that will get the responses I want. Oh and if anyone is interested, my Halo 2 clan has our own website. Here's the link [/I][/SIZE][B][URL=http://www.knockouthalo.com][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]KnockOutHalo.com[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [/B] [SIZE=1][I]Oh and we are a moving making clan, but I'm not in any of the videos because my xbox live is currently down.[/I][/SIZE]