OtakuBoards

Aspiring Manga artists.

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
I am an aspiring manga artist and can give some tips if you need some. Right now im working on a samurai action manga, and i might need some ideas for villians. anyone else an aspiring manga artists?

Well. Before a moderator goes a-wall, I will reply.

Maybe you should show off some art or give some hints as to what the comic may be about. Is it present day? Time means everything for how the villian's boundaries could be set to.

It's just an example, but I speak for everyone when I say we like posts that overflow with content.

"Give me the juicy details!"

To answer your question. Yes, I am an "aspiring artist" of many different kinds.

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
Well, the manga starts off with a main character, Ni (telling time in japanese, Ni means two) being interogated by a soldier of a man named , Higoro who is the main villian. Ni killed his son, and was about to get in a fight with the soldier. Ni by the way, has two lip rings, and two swords to suit his name. His words before killing a man are always counting. "1..." The soldier charges at Ni. "2!" You get the idea, soldiers all cut up and stuff. Then Hanatari (the main character) steps into the picture.
Hanatari: Holy Crap, what happened here?
Ni: Business
Hanatari:Two swords, huh?
Ni: Yep
H:I'm Hanatari
N:Ni
H: What's your real name?
N:What's that?
H:What a coincidence...Your name is Ni and you got two swords and two liprings.
N:You want my name you'll have to defeat me in a duel first...
H:Planned on it.

Name:Hanatari
weapons: steel pole, and a sword.
hair:blonde spiky
year born: 1755

Right before they fight out side a bar, a slave comes to kil them and collect a bounty. Hanatari shows his good side and lets him go with 10 million yen to free him.
Hanatari and Ni run across a man named Roku(time telling four) And they get into this big fight. Roku, defeating Hanatari tells him why.
Roku:I am one like your self...pant
H:Myself?
R:Your name is Yo. Born at 4 o clock, with the four Sokuri top techniques.
H:???????
R: I pocess the sixth sense, which you also pocess.
H:Aint no ghosts ever talked to me!
R: You've never listened..
R: you also pocess half of Sokuri's soul like Ni.

Roku tells Hanatari his story and why he cant remember all this.Because of Higoro.Hanatari goes by Yo now.Yo ask Ni his name and Ni doesn't remember it. Yo and Ni run into a village full of bounty hunters looking for them, though they do not know that Ni and Yo are there cause they bought new clothes. Higoro sends Shichi (another child of sokuri,his name means 7)to tell the bounty hunters who they are and to capture them. He captures them, then lets them go if they promise to help him kill Higoro for slaving him all those years and killing his family in which he can barely remember. It turns out, Shichi's skill of Sokuri is Air bending or in scientific terms, Alchemy. No, I did not copy off of Avatar! The 12 year old and the two teens fight bounty hunters and escape the town, flying literally. And so far ive gotten to a part where Yo finally talks to Master Sokuri's ghost. And so far i need some villians to make into some cool characters of the sokuri children...

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
Let's Put it this way...Alot of Samurai Champloo and DBZ fused and you got my artwork. Matters the part of the story. For example, if a man is killed by Ni, his eyes are wider in shock when he's killed. The characters eyes are goth and rough around the edges with dark cirles to add an extra dramatic closeup. When the characters are standing still or talking, the frame closes up, and when they are on the move or fighting the frame shows the background and other things. I guess I use my new style, for my usual styles look more like Naruto or Psychic Academy. I like my new style, though...

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
I Would've already done that, except the scanner doesn't work on our new computer so I haven't got any on here, sorry...

I just flicked through this thread and understood that it was a samuri story, but when you say shouen what do you mean?, because there is too meaning Shounen means that it is a boy based manga with lots of boys in it and is very slashable, one example of this is Get backers. Or shouen where there is lots of girls fight around for one guy, or the guy is interested in lots of girls at the same time a bit like Tenchi. Also, from what i read i can tell that this isn't a silly comedy is it?, so is there a seriopus point to it like Evangelion or something like that. Does it show that 'the way of the samuri is always best' or som,e rubbish like that?

Guest WithinTheDrknss
[quote name='manga/animegirl']Hi! I just came in here so...what the heck are you guys talking about?! How old are you? I'm 11![/quote]

Hello manganime-chan. -sigh- okay, you're bold, but is it even right to go around telling your age? :animesigh ohwell...what the heck do I know?

[quote name='WithinTheDrknss']Hello manganime-chan. -sigh- okay, you're bold, but is it even right to go around telling your age? :animesigh ohwell...what the heck do I know?[/quote]

:animeswea i was thinking the same thing when she piped up "i'm eleven!"... :animenose....so young, seems like a bad idea.....:animeshy:

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
Well at least one of my thread goes to show you...Anime is for both kids and adults :animesigh ... Any way, yep it's a Samurai manga. The whole story is three dudes going and fighting to get to Higoro in Kasashiki village. Nothing special, just something I do, cause thats all I ever do is draw and write manga, besides watching anime. :animeswea

[color=darkblue]This thread is getting seriously off-topic. Any more posts not regarding to the subject at hand, and I'm closing it down, so this is your fair warning. Just try to stay on topic, guys. ^^;[/color]

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
Any way, I still need some good villians!!! Im brainless about villians! I just can't think of one!

I've been casually working on ideas for you, but there really isn't anything "true" to go on, you know what I mean. The best kind of villian is one that challenges the aspects and reasoning of the main characters. Not much else I can help on.

Unless you want me to help with designs, that I can do in a snap (provided the attitude and quirks are available).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
Cool, you guys, well the kind of villian I'm going for are...well just different personalities each a villian...cool costumes, and tight powers! I'm still braindead though...

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
You know...like cursed fruit powers... I don't know if a doujin ka could help alot on character design, though no offense...