OtakuBoards

Who thinks that gundam wing is in any way involved with transformers?

Trowa066

[COLOR=darkblue]I'm sorry but transformers cannot possibly be compared with Gundam wing.[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]The people who think so are only looking at the fact that they have large robots, thats all. Okay, there is some simularity in how Wing, Zero, and Epyon can transform into planes. But thats it.[/COLOR] -_-

Actually there is a relation to Gundam and Transformers. Even though they are completely different in design, there is writtien proof.

In the Guiness Book of Word Records page 376 (this is the exact same page, in the paperback)

[B]Most video games inspired by an animated series[/B]
[I]Gundam[/I], a Japanese TV series about enemies who become robots to fight one another (yea I know it's not supposed to be that way), has inspired Robotec (which in turn inspired the toys Transformers), as well as countless Sony Playstation spinoffs.

So bascially, no Gundam=no Transformers.

• 3 weeks later...
I reckon that transformers sucks, and any way the whole wing, 00 and epyon transforming does make me think that transformers could of got the idea from Gundam, how ever Gundam is WAY different to transformers. Trowa066 is right the people are only looking at the fact that there are big robots amd three of them happen to transform so what there all mecha suits like the Eva's in neon genesis or even the hardsuits from bubblegum crisis alot of anime have mecha suits and in some way are similar. I mean my friends and I reckon that Nedesico is a take off of Neon genesis/Gundam only because of the suits pretty useless I think:alcohol: :raspberry

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Duo Maxwell [/i]
[B]I reckon that transformers sucks, and any way the whole wing, 00 and epyon transforming does make me think that transformers could of got the idea from Gundam, how ever Gundam is WAY different to transformers. Trowa066 is right the people are only looking at the fact that there are big robots amd three of them happen to transform so what there all mecha suits like the Eva's in neon genesis or even the hardsuits from bubblegum crisis alot of anime have mecha suits and in some way are similar. I mean my friends and I reckon that Nedesico is a take off of Neon genesis/Gundam only because of the suits pretty useless I think:alcohol: :raspberry [/B][/QUOTE]

I in no way think that those are related...or even think they both should be mentioned in the same sentence! Anyway....Um...I don't think Transformers got it from Gundam...Considering if I am correct (probably not) GW came out in the 90's so if they inspired eachother it would be the other way around...

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]transformers and gundam (can't remember which series) were both made and released at the same time, so neither inspired the other.... [/B][/QUOTE]

okay...since that has been tetermined, then can we then lay off on the topic? it is REALLY starting to bore me...:sleep: