OtakuBoards

Evanescence

Guest cutebutpsycho18

I do, believe it or not! I love them! I know this is strange coming from me, but I think they're great. They've got some killer riffs and even some leads! I also love all the strings and choir sounds they use - very effective indeed. And while there are tons of vocalists who are technically better than Amy, I love how haunting and passionate her vocals are. Plus she's utterly gorgeous :D

I've got 8 CDs of theirs (Evanescence EP, Origin, Fallen, Anywhere But Home, Fallen Angel, My Immortal EP (Import), Ultra Rare Trax vol. I, Utra Rare Trax vol. II). It's all great stuff.

They're also one of those bands that's really hard to classify. People tend to call them a Goth band, but that's definately not it (they sound nothing like the Cure to me, folks). They could almost be a Nu-Metal band, but I don't know.

Guest toboeFan
[FONT=Century Gothic]I HATE EVANESCENCE SINCE THEY CATHEGORIZED THEMSELVES AS A ''GOTH BAND'' and when they started spraying the ''Let's stop making good music and become evanescence and be ''cool'''' Virus...Nightwish did it...Within Temptation...Lacuna Coil...ah.....it makes me so sad..., AND AMY LEE...SHE'S JUST A CHRISTINA SCABBIA WANNA BE...[/FONT] :animeangr

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
Of course I love them! They're from my state!!! L.O.L! They seriously kick butt(You cna tell I stray away from cursing..). You got to see their France concert! That was awesome.

[quote name='toboeFan][FONT=Century Gothic]I HATE EVANESCENCE SINCE THEY CATHEGORIZED THEMSELVES AS A ''GOTH BAND'' and when they started spraying the ''Let's stop making good music and become evanescence and be ''cool'''' Virus...Nightwish did it...Within Temptation...Lacuna Coil...ah.....it makes me so sad..., AND AMY LEE...SHE'S JUST A CHRISTINA SCABBIA WANNA BE...[/FONT'] :animeangr[/quote]

While Evanescence [I]did[/I] steal their recipe for success from Lacuna Coil, Amy Lee isn't a Christina Scabbia wannabe. I actually like Amy's vocals much better! And I also think that Evanescence writes better and more diverse songs than Lacuna Coil.

And what do you mean Nightwish did it? Nightwish sounds, to this day, [I]nothing[/I] like Evanescence!

I don't care for Evanescence one bit. Amy Lee's voice just bothers me.

Hokay. There is no way that Evanesence is goth. At all. It dosn't matter how they look. Or how depressing they think they are. Listen to "Bela Lugosi's Dead" by Bauhaus then compare it to any Evanescence song.

Oh, and, not to rock the boat or anything, neither Nightwish nor Lacuna Coil is goth.

[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Garamond]Mad huggles for Jake of Bodom for actually liking a band that I like.

Anyways...I love Amy Lee and her band, but I haven't been able to listen to them in forever; my brother scratched my CD to all Hell. Like my Eiffel 65 CD...-sobbing- But Evanescence is...just...superb. I love them, and I want the rest of their CDs. I guess that's all I have to say, I'm not feeling very talkative today.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I don't really like Evanescence *shrugs*

So what if they're classified as 'Goth' music, it basically is lol. I think Amy Lee is a talented singer but her vocals always sound the same, it gets very tedious. She has consistency, she just doesn't have much variety. I don't mind the band and there's certain songs that I do enjoy, but the majority just doesn't blow me away.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]They're all right I guess. I mean, I like a few songs from them, but I'm no huge fan. Goth music? I don't think so... but I could see where people would think that. As for the whole 'tedious' thing, I don't understand what people mean. People said Linkin Park is tedious/repetitive. I mean, they are, but not to a point where they get tiresome. The only thing tedious with them is their screaming at the end of every song.

But enough of my tangent.[/SIZE]

[font=trebuchet ms]I think they're one of the best bands that ever got forced down my throat. I have a slight addiction to "Going Under." That's pretty much it, the only thing I really like about this band is Amy's voice, The actual music just seems too much like everything else I've heard.[/font]

[QUOTE=Zhara][COLOR=Purple][FONT=Garamond]Mad huggles for Jake of Bodom for actually liking a band that I like.

Anyways...I love Amy Lee and her band, but I haven't been able to listen to them in forever; my brother scratched my CD to all Hell. Like my Eiffel 65 CD...-sobbing- But Evanescence is...just...superb. I love them, and I want the rest of their CDs. I guess that's all I have to say, I'm not feeling very talkative today.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

:D

Oh, and by the way: if you want the rest of their CDs (besides Anywhere but Home), good luck with

a) Finding them

b) Having enough money

I have eight of their CDs, and damnit, I spent WAY too much money on them. They're all rare and out-of-print or whatever, so people think they can charge as much as they want. Oh well.

[quote name='instantramen14']Oh, and, not to rock the boat or anything, neither Nightwish nor Lacuna Coil is goth.[/quote]

Correct. They aren't Goth bands. They [I]are[/I], however, Gothic Metal. That's what throws people off. Goth music and Gothic Metal are completely, utterly, and totally different.

• 8 months later...
Guest needle_dude
I totally agree with everything you're saying about these bands not being goth bands but goth metal. And you're right about the rareness of their other CD's which makes me wonder if u really got their first full-length album Origin because they wrer only given out to the family members. But if u did I bet u really paid alot for it so take care of it

[QUOTE=Jake of Bodom]:D

Oh, and by the way: if you want the rest of their CDs (besides Anywhere but Home), good luck with

a) Finding them

b) Having enough money

I have eight of their CDs, and damnit, I spent WAY too much money on them. They're all rare and out-of-print or whatever, so people think they can charge as much as they want. Oh well.

Correct. They aren't Goth bands. They [I]are[/I], however, Gothic Metal. That's what throws people off. Goth music and Gothic Metal are completely, utterly, and totally different.[/QUOTE]

Guest needle_dude
sorry for the misspelling, i was in a hurry and by the album Origin i eas refering to Evanescence

I used to love Evanescence. To me it had nothing to do with labels, gothism, or anything. I just liked their songs and more particularly their lyrics.

These days, though, I don't really care about them. I can't even remember the last time I've listen to one of their songs. I've been out of the MTV loop for a while... I feel pretty alienated sometimes in the superficial world of the 8th grade. Actually, I don't really listen to much English music at all anymore. I blame my otakudom.

[FONT=Arial]Welcome to OtakuBoards, needle_dude.

This thread dates back to August of 2005, and peoples' opinions of Evanescence might have changed since then. Please don't post in threads that aren't available on the first page of this forum. Also, if you have more to add to a post, simply click the 'Edit' button. Double-posting, or more, isn't allowed at the Otakuboards. If you haven't done so all ready, please take a moment to read the [URL=http://otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL]. Doing so, and following them, will make your stay at Otakuboards much more enjoyable.

[I]Has no one told you this [B]thread's closed[/B]? Hello...[/I][/FONT]