Jump to content
OtakuBoards

The best Manga company?


Recommended Posts

Guest Piro kun11187
Posted
Well, first things i could not really choose or narrow down any of the choices. I like them all for the most part. ALL MANGA ROCKS! sorry for the outburst. umm....yeah....so......nevermind. Just ingore me. :animesigh
Posted
[COLOR=Blue]I do enjoy some of the stuff that VIZ puts out like Naruto and The Prince of tennis, but I'm going to have to go with Tokyopop. Their manga just feels more authentic to me.[/COLOR]
Guest kel aka gandy
Posted
Delrey would have to be my favorite...They're doing an incredible job with Tsubasa...
Viz would be my second, only because they have Yuu Watase manga rights....
Guest chobitslover90
Posted
tokyopop i know alot of you dont like it but its my favorite and then viz for making naruto and ranma into manga
Posted
Haven't read a lot of mangas at all but here goes nothing...

Actually I like Tokyo Pop quite a bit... pretty cool all and all, Chobits was nice enough though I felt that either the translations were off or the manga itself was a little "strange" seeing the anime was the same, I kept getting a "low budget" feeling, my apologize if I insult anyone but I did actually like the Chobits experience. Ragnarok I would have to say is one of their greatest achievements: downright awesome. Two thumbs up.

Dark Horse Comics gets my vote for creativity on accepting Seraphic Feather (Hirouki Utatane's art and Yo Morimoto's story), maybe it wasn't the best but IMO it sure was a good read (in fact I liked it a lot). I'm not sure what else Dark Horse Comics makes as far as mangas go... wish they did more with Seraphic Feather.

Viz reminds me too much of Cartoon Network so I tend to stay away from most Viz titles (Mermaid's Scar, Dbz, Gundam I've read and for quick fun they are typically good). But that is a silly comment for me to make seeing as how they have quality releases as well, for instance Ceres which I enjoyed very much (Yu Watase). Most of my friends really love Viz... so I guess since Viz makes a lot of titles it is either hit or miss for me.

Honestly though, when mangas say they are 100% untouched and that the story is a direct translation from the Japanese and more "authentic" because they are right-to-left, is that true? (Chobits comes to mind here.) I always figured that was bull since you're reading an English manga anyway (who cares what the origin language was, the second it was translated it only makes sense to me to print it the other way around). More authentic? I always figured the "authentic" thing was just to get younger readers hooked on it because they felt it was more "Japanese." Honestly, Is this not the case, is there some kind of difference?
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I feel better about reading it right to left, as I am used to it, and sometimes accidentally read it that way when I'm reading a regular book! :animeswea
Posted
[COLOR=Magenta]I like Viz's Shojobeat line, as well as Fushigi Yuugi, but most of my favs are Tokyopop. Besides, Tokyopop has Fruits Basket, and I love that manga more than anyother.[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE=ShonenSamuraiMugen]What's the best manga company? I want you to vote on it...I'll tell you the manga companies and something they published to help you out. You can also vote for one not on here.

Viz/SJ:Naruto

Viz/SB:Godchild

Viz/Action:Inuyasha

Newer Viz: Di Gi Charat

Older Viz:Ranma 1/2

DelRey:Gundam Seed

Tokyo Pop: .hack//legend of the twilight

Dark Horse:Berserk

Archie:Sonic

Japanime:How to draw Manga

ADV:Azumanga Daioh

Top Cow: G-Force, Battle of the planets

Well, there you go, if you have any other manga companies you know about please tell me or vote on them.[/QUOTE]
I'm disgusted in you, where is be boy comics and gust comics, disgraceful the only one that i think i have read are

Viz/action: Evangelion
japanime: how to draw manga
Posted
[quote name='duoikari']I'm disgusted in you, where is be boy comics and gust comics, disgraceful the only one that i think i have read are [/quote]
They're not included because the OP was referring strictly to North American manga companies. Anyway, isn't Be x Boy a magazine/label, not an actual publishing company like Kodansha? I could be wrong, but that's the impression I was under.

~Dagger~
Posted
Tokyo Pop. It's the company I have the most mangas from. That, and I Luv Halloween is from them. I love that manga right now! If you haven't heard of it, that's because it's still pretty new. The second book hasn't even come out yet!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...