OtakuBoards

How Do You

psyco mobster

[color=#6699cc]Well, it rather seems that this is a rhetorical question, but I'll answer it anyway.

Find out if your school has specific rules for starting official (school-sanctioned) clubs. If so, follow them. You'd probably need a certain number of interested people and a teacher or other adult who's willing to be a club adviser (the adult in charge).

If your school [i]doesn't[/i] have rules like that, just do it. Get some interested people and a willing adult (teacher, parent, whatever), and find a meeting place. If you can have access to a classroom with a TV right after school, that's probably your best shot (although you would need to get permission.) Put up flyers around school (check if you need permission for this: some places require it) with the location and meeting time.

And make sure you have snacks and something to watch.[/color]

What you'll need most is a teacher willing to watch over you.

My friends and I were trying to start a Go club, and our biggest problem (excluding the amount of time it takes to play a single game of Go) was the lack of support from a teacher. So we just sat with the chess club.

At our school, our Anime Society is succesful, I believe, because we have teachers that are willing to stay after school and help us out when help is needed. And since it's the Media Arts teacher, we're also able to use the computers, projectors, and video room.

The teacher could also help you out with the rules your school might have for clubs and such. Once you have a teacher, all you need are enough [b]dedicated[/b] members.

-ArV

There was never an anime club at my school (but I have a feeling there will be one pretty soon by the looks of the underclassmen) but I have heard that this works: If you can't have an outright 'anime club' call it the 'International Art Appreciation Club" and get a cool teacher to okay you.

My collge has an anime club though, I'm happy. :catgirl:

I really want an anime club too, I have a decent anime library so it wouldn't be hard to find something to watch, and I know 6 or 7 people off the top of my head who would come, the only problem is finding teacher support, I have no clue which teachers like anime, or would be willing to help, if any.

[quote name='Killer7']I really want an anime club too, I have a decent anime library so it wouldn't be hard to find something to watch, and I know 6 or 7 people off the top of my head who would come, the only problem is finding teacher support, I have no clue which teachers like anime, or would be willing to help, if any.[/quote]

Same here. I know so many people who are into anime (and it's mostly because of me introducing them to Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto, and things like that in manga form...) that our club would flourish greatly... if we had one. I have some anime that they would be intersted in but we don't have a teacher who will support us. If we had a teacher, the club would be up and running in no time... I guess what we have to do is search for a teacher that seems like he would be intrested in anime, or at least art.

[COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1]A lot of anime fans are boys out there, that, is where my fantasy of an anime club fails. My school is, sadly, all girls, and is not the slightest bit interesting at all. Most of the girls that talk to you end up using words repeatidly or somewhere manage to put 'eeeee' in there.
Observe my coversation with the girl who sits next to me in the dreaded spanish class:
Her: What did you get for your birthday?
Me: A Nintendo DS! :D
Her: What's that
Me: A handheld console of course
Her: Eeee, you like that crap?
No, I just got that for my birthday for no apparent reason. Now, onto anime.
The only person who really like anime is my friend, Ayshea, and a really amazing artist who has just left sixth form. So? A club with one person? I don't think that it will work out.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Yeah, we have an anime club at my school. This coming year will be it's second year (not counting the pilot year). I personally think it kind of sucks and that it needs more direction, but what're you going to do? :animeswea

I think 15 people is pretty much the number of members you need. It has to have enough support. We had to change sponsors this year since the old teacher couldn't do it. So now we have the librarian as our sponsor XD

A gimmick is also a neat way to help build up members. Our club hosts a DDR party 3 times a year, and it's always very popular. Of course, my school's a lot geekier than most XD

[quote name='EMJ][COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1]A lot of anime fans are boys out there, that, is where my fantasy of an anime club fails. My school is, sadly, all girls, and is not the slightest bit interesting at all.[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
I find that most Anime fans I come across are girls. The Anime Society at my school has been run by girls for the past four years. Next year it will be run by girls again.

You'd be surprised what kinds of people like anime sometimes.

-ArV

[quote]A lot of anime fans are boys out there, that, is where my fantasy of an anime club fails. My school is, sadly, all girls, and is not the slightest bit interesting at all.[/quote]

Alot of girls at my school are into anime, actually more like the girl-power anime, shoujou or whatever it's called. Thier was this one day when a girl walked in with a Cowboy Bebop shirt, so I could definitely get a good amount of members from both genders for a club.