OtakuBoards

Doujinshi

kitsunekami

hello!! i was just wondering if anyone here reads or writes any doujinshi. i do hellsing doujinshi, i was just wondering if anyone could help me with any of it, also if anyone actually knows what it is... the people i have talked to on myotaku don't really know what it is, only a few. so TALK TO ME... sorry if i'm braking any rules.

I deleted your second post. In the future please don't double-post, as it's against the rules.

I'm not tremendously into doujinshi or anything, but I've read some which I enjoyed--most memorably, those based on Hikaru no Go, Wolf's Rain and Death Note. I guess Gravitation Remix probably falls under this category as well, despite it being an "official" doujin of sorts. There was one short Death Note doujin that I found to be really excellent both in terms of artwork and how it was written... I can't recall the title or creator off the top of my head, though.

Actually, I recently came across some pretty decent Harry Potter doujin, now that I think about it. That was an interesting experience on a whole variety of levels, haha.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger]I deleted your second post. In the future please don't double-post, as it's against the rules.

I'm not tremendously into doujinshi or anything, but I've read some which I enjoyed--most memorably, those based on Hikaru no Go, Wolf's Rain and Death Note. I guess Gravitation Remix probably falls under this category as well, despite it being an "official" doujin of sorts. There was one short Death Note doujin that I found to be really excellent both in terms of artwork and how it was written... I can't recall the title or creator off the top of my head, though.

Actually, I recently came across some pretty decent Harry Potter doujin, now that I think about it. That was an interesting experience on a whole variety of levels, haha.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]
sorry bout the double posting...
harry potter doujinshi? weird....

I read doujinshi myself. I read Harry Potter, Yu-Gi-Oh, Hikaru no Go, Digimon, Naruto, Wolf's Rain, Legend of Zelda, Death Note and Full Metal Alchemist. Phew.

I like doujinshi a lot but mostly for art reasons. If I happen to get translated stuff, then I can sometimes get a story out of it but most of my doujinshi don't have much of a story. Just cute shounen-ai fluff and things of that nature. Or gag doujinshi, I love gag stuff.

I have a lot of favorite circles too, they vary by what fandom we're talking about. I'd love to go to comiket someday though and see what else is out there, aside from the general ebay loads.

I've only read a couple doujinshi, but I mainly go for the humor oriented ones. Or shounen-ai. Or both (often the case ^^). I think I've read more fma ones than anything, but I can't really remember. I personally like the hp doujinshis ^^;

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
Uuummm, Can I ask again, what exactly is Doujinshi? I don't know that much about it... But, I'm such a clutz!!! I probably read it and don't even know it! :animeswea

It's fan-made manga based on an existing manga, game, anime, book, whatever: basically, the drawn equivalent of fanfiction, except that you're expected to pay for it. Doujinshi is a really big thing in Japan, and it's possible to find doujin for pretty much every single fandom conceivable (and probably quite a few you don't even want to think of).

~Dagger~

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
God, I am a clutz!!! I'm making a FMA fan fic. manga. It's got different characters based on the original ones though. I don't expect anyone to pay for it, once I make it I make copies and hand them out. So I guess sorta do but don't make Doujinshi :animesigh .

[quote name='ShonenSamuraiMugen']God, I am a clutz!!! I'm making a FMA fan fic. manga. It's got different characters based on the original ones though. I don't expect anyone to pay for it, once I make it I make copies and hand them out. So I guess sorta do but don't make Doujinshi :animesigh .[/quote]

i luv fanfics....it's one of the many things that make the world go round...
doujinshi is actualy quite hard...i'm just doing my first story right now which caused me to seek help.... needless to say people are too vauge... is there really harry potter doujinshi? that is so weird!

God you are so right about Harry potter, he really gives me the creeps actually. I have read almost every Gundam wing doujishin know to man, i love Gundam wing doujinshis but at the moment i'm into mangas at the moment. As far as genres go, i'll read anything from a shounen Ai to really hard core one like Heero's erotica, god that doujimshi is funny. I 've never seen anything so dam funny and so hard core at the same time. My favourite pairing is Duo and Heero they are just the best aren't they?, but i do love Quatre and Trowa, them two just fit really well together. At the moment i'm into FMA, Gundam wing, Dragonballz and evangelion. But there was a digimon stage as well, but i never actually got a whole doujishin just bits of it.

I find now that it is much easier to find yaoi MANGAS then it to get Yaoi doujinshis, so that why i'm reading more Yaoi mangas now. I also write fanfictions as well! :catgirl: i've write about 7 fanfiction, one slight hentai and the rest are Yaoi. The best one that i have done so far is one about duo and Heero, but i have to say my crossover one about Quatre going off with original character did have the better plot. But the hit speck for themsleves, my Duo and Heero one got 1,500 hits and 13 reviews and my crossover fanfiction got 137 hits and 1 review which my friend done, hoping that more people would do more.

I'm at the stage at the moment where i want to crossover to writing fanfiction and drawing mangas. but i'm finding it really hard!! I can draw the body and the shape of the face and the hair and the clothes but when it comes to doing a face it comes out really crap. It is just too big a step for me at the moment, so i've gone back to doing fan art to boost my skills up a bit. I'd did try to do a script for a manga that i was going to do, but i find that if i write it down then i lose interest in the plot and can't be bother to draw it out. That's why i find it's better to keep the plot inside your head and keep working on it until you are sure that you can draw it or write it in any case. For example i wanted to do a manga about Quatre and an original character i created, i thought up the plot and then went through it in my head, then i though i guess i'll write a short script for it so that i don't have to keep thinking about what there going to say. So i wrote the script and now that i read it back it seems like a really crap story and i can't be bother to draw it now, so i thought i'll do a story board so that i can get references to draw from. So i done the plot and what the characters was going to say and then i done the first page and then started on the secind page. But the time i had thought about the third page i had given up on the plot all together because i thought that it sounded stupid.

[QUOTE=duoikari]God you are so right about Harry potter, he really gives me the creeps actually. I have read almost every Gundam wing doujishin know to man, i love Gundam wing doujinshis but at the moment i'm into mangas at the moment. As far as genres go, i'll read anything from a shounen Ai to really hard core one like Heero's erotica, god that doujimshi is funny. I 've never seen anything so dam funny and so hard core at the same time. My favourite pairing is Duo and Heero they are just the best aren't they?, but i do love Quatre and Trowa, them two just fit really well together. At the moment i'm into FMA, Gundam wing, Dragonballz and evangelion. But there was a digimon stage as well, but i never actually got a whole doujishin just bits of it.

I find now that it is much easier to find yaoi MANGAS then it to get Yaoi doujinshis, so that why i'm reading more Yaoi mangas now. I also write fanfictions as well! :catgirl: i've write about 7 fanfiction, one slight hentai and the rest are Yaoi. The best one that i have done so far is one about duo and Heero, but i have to say my crossover one about Quatre going off with original character did have the better plot. But the hit speck for themsleves, my Duo and Heero one got 1,500 hits and 13 reviews and my crossover fanfiction got 137 hits and 1 review which my friend done, hoping that more people would do more.

I'm at the stage at the moment where i want to crossover to writing fanfiction and drawing mangas. but i'm finding it really hard!! I can draw the body and the shape of the face and the hair and the clothes but when it comes to doing a face it comes out really crap. It is just too big a step for me at the moment, so i've gone back to doing fan art to boost my skills up a bit. I'd did try to do a script for a manga that i was going to do, but i find that if i write it down then i lose interest in the plot and can't be bother to draw it out. That's why i find it's better to keep the plot inside your head and keep working on it until you are sure that you can draw it or write it in any case. For example i wanted to do a manga about Quatre and an original character i created, i thought up the plot and then went through it in my head, then i though i guess i'll write a short script for it so that i don't have to keep thinking about what there going to say. So i wrote the script and now that i read it back it seems like a really crap story and i can't be bother to draw it now, so i thought i'll do a story board so that i can get references to draw from. So i done the plot and what the characters was going to say and then i done the first page and then started on the secind page. But the time i had thought about the third page i had given up on the plot all together because i thought that it sounded stupid.[/QUOTE]

personally, i'm not a huge yaoi perosn. i've read some of that stuff, but i dunno, i'm much more of a guns and action person, and humor ofcourse. do you like gag?

I was never really a yaoi person until i got by first computer about...10 years ago. i actually found out about yaoi by accident, i was looking for pictures of Gundam wing and i put in a search for Duo and Heero images on yahoo. You can all guess what i got, but the first ever yaoi image i got was of the whole four pilots and the word crazy love underneath. I then learned that they were called douiinshis and that download them, most were in japanese of cousre but i got the basic story.

But about 5 years ago i decided enough was enough and i went completely cold turkey, i deleted all my yaoi images and my doujinshis and for about 3 years i never even looked twice at a yaoi mangas or a yaoi doujinshi. Until my friend got Broadband and she was able to get a little something called *Gravatition* and that got me straight back into Yaoi. At the moment as i have already said, i'm into Yaoi mangas at the moment, the best one i've read is Pretty Scoop, it's got the comedy of Gravatition and the heart of real Yaoi.

I was actually quite suprised by the amount of doujinshis there are of the new anime coming out. See i like a good draw doujinshi with a good plot. At this moment in time there are lots of Naruto doujinshi, mostly yaoi ones involving the two boys in it, Naruto and the other kid who i can't rememeber. I did watch Naruto, but it never did hit any heart strings for me it was just like Dragonball z but less adlut in some places so i never bother to get any doujinshi of it. But FMA is more my kinda thing, i just love FMA and i think that lots of the doujinshi are really well drawn, i like both the yaoi and the non-yaoi doujinshi there.

I while ago i was really into Vegeta and Bulma doujinshi, not Hentai ones but the ones about what happened between them with in the three years that they had Trunks. Most were pretty good but there wasn't lots about so i gave up on searching for them. I do love doujinshi and i think that an fanfiction is just a written version of a doujinshi, but as i said i lose interest in something after i have written it.

yeah, man, that was like, a whole life story. sweet....
ii have read some gravitation, teh second volume(which actually has a story behind it, it's long, werid, and involves an insane person, i might tell you later). man, that must have freaked you out...i first learned about yaoi when i didn't know what gravitaion was....or shonen ai for that matter. . . . and i was short in time, so i grabbed somthing off the shelf real quick... yeah....

[QUOTE=kitsunekami]yeah, man, that was like, a whole life story. sweet....
ii have read some gravitation, teh second volume(which actually has a story behind it, it's long, werid, and involves an insane person, i might tell you later). man, that must have freaked you out...i first learned about yaoi when i didn't know what gravitaion was....or shonen ai for that matter. . . . and i was short in time, so i grabbed somthing off the shelf real quick... yeah....[/QUOTE]

I didn't find Gravitation all that good myself it was a bit... predictable, i mean you knew of some lines what was going to happen. I much prefer Sukisko now that is a dam good yaoi, and a dam good story. In fact that is the best yaoi OVA i have ever seen, the manga is also good but it doesn't go into the detail that the OVA had. The only real thing that i liked about gravition was the comedy bits in it, that just made me laugh but there was more of my kinda comedy in Sukisko. Also i think it is really hard writing a fanfiction or drawing a doujinshi for a anime that you already know has Yaoi or shouen Ai in it, i mean it takes all the fun out of pairing people up. :(

[quote name='duoikari']I didn't find Gravitation all that good myself it was a bit... predictable, i mean you knew of some lines what was going to happen. I much prefer Sukisko now that is a dam good yaoi, and a dam good story. In fact that is the best yaoi OVA i have ever seen, the manga is also good but it doesn't go into the detail that the OVA had. The only real thing that i liked about gravition was the comedy bits in it, that just made me laugh but there was more of my kinda comedy in Sukisko. Also i think it is really hard writing a fanfiction or drawing a doujinshi for a anime that you already know has Yaoi or shouen Ai in it, i mean it takes all the fun out of pairing people up. :([/quote]

yeah, the whole pairing people is fun. one of the few yaoi couple i absoulutely luv is young walterxgirlicard. LUV IT!! yeah, it has comedy, that does make it great. i've mever heard of sukisko personally.

How could yo know of heard about sukisko it's like, the best storyline for a yaoi out there. I really wanted to read a fanfiction for it but there all songfic?, does anyone actually know what a songfic is?. Also with some anime there is just meadling in the storyline, like evangelion i know people have always done doujinshi of the characters in there own world, but i don't think anybody actually put them in a AU. Another anime that's like that is dragonballz, but because the z world is so normal it quite hard to put them in a AU.

Not a alot of people know about Sukusko, but it is a really good anime. It's got the comedy of gravitation mixed with the plot from me myself and irene, i watching it for a second time now. And if you know me, people know that i don't like watching things a second time round.

Ah, i just thought of a famous doujinshi type story, but it not really classed as a doujinshi. The iron Maiden comic for evangelion is a bit like a doujinshi, the plot is completely different from the series and the manga and (from what i've read of it) has much more comedy in it then the series and the manga.

I hate sonfics, they don't really have any value. now, and [U]shine heaven now's [/U] "Hell SING!" is different, that's quite funny. but just text? no.
i just LUV hellsing, i think the anime portrayed it poorly adn that it is great that they are redoing it. even better is that they are adding pip in this time, YAY! i mostly like the manga, not so much the anime.

exactly riht Kitsunekami, Doujinshi is mostly based on a yaoi lover's fantasies about the characters they like froma series. they do a pretty good job at it actually, and the drawing is so pretty, varying between artists, that is ^^

[quote name='kitsunekami']That's another thing i luv about fanartartist and doujinkas, is that everyone has a different style. some suck, some i totally don't like, and some you can't help but luv![/quote]

So very very true, look at this image of Quatre, it's really really pretty, there is also a Duo one just like it [IMG]http://www.babaca.org/tondeb.jpg[/IMG]

And compare that with this image of Trowa and Quatre that is drawn really really badly [url]http://www.babaca.org/giftedb.jpg[/url]

I love the first picture and i wish i could just get the dam doujinshi, but it is really really hard to find.

[quote name='Darker Alucard']Strange i say i had a completely different idea of doujinshi i thought it was hentai/yuri/yaoi draw-fictions only. i thought you gave another name for non-adult draw-fic.[/quote]

I don't really get want your on about here so i'll explain a little bit about it..
The picture in my last reply is from a gundam wing doujinshi, which is a parody of the series which means that the artist who done the doujinshi above used the drawing style and character from another series and made up her own story from them.

But there are some oringinal mangas, these are aslo done by fans and are called doujinshis, one example of this would be something like... god the only one i can think of is If dogs couls also walk, that about some guy whos gets a pet dog that changes into a human when he gets excited. It good but it's a Yaoi, and a pretty strong one but it is funny. So that is the really difference, if you watch the series Comic party they explain it really well that where i learn all that i need to about fan mangas.