OtakuBoards

Doujinshi

kitsunekami

[quote name='Darker Alucard']Strange i say i had a completely different idea of doujinshi i thought it was hentai/yuri/yaoi draw-fictions only. i thought you gave another name for non-adult draw-fic.[/quote]
As duoikari said, doujinshi covers as many genres and levels of appropriateness as does regular manga. A safer definition for doujinshi might be "self-published manga." For example, Haibane Renmei (a highly regarded anime series) was actually based on a doujinshi by Yoshitoshi Abe. The doujin was an original work, but it wasn't published through a major company.

~Dagger~

i never knew that that.... interesting.
yes, that is a MUCH better definition of doujinshi, but those doujinka do alot of fanworks stuff... i mean name anything and everything and they make it. from stationary to postcards... their artwork is so amazing!

I, myself, don't come across that much doujinshi... Wish I did... I've seen one for Naruto... And it was okay... short, but good. But, I'm thinking about making my own Doujin for naruto, so I've been drawing the characters a lot. :P

yes, it's quite hard, i mean, proabably easy for most other people than me, i do hellsing doujinshi...somewhat...oh, i am a total failure... yes, you just go for it, and you have to ink it or it totally looks so unproffessional... and bad at that... that was my problem, inking it, so i just went for it, hoped for the best, and did my best.... i wished i had had more experiance...

[quote name='kitsunekami']yes, it's quite hard, i mean, proabably easy for most other people than me, i do hellsing doujinshi...somewhat...oh, i am a total failure... yes, you just go for it, and you have to ink it or it totally looks so unproffessional... and bad at that... that was my problem, inking it, so i just went for it, hoped for the best, and did my best.... i wished i had had more experiance...[/quote]

Since i'm in the U.k something it is very hard for me to get suplies to make doujishis, such as tone sheets and ink and manga paper. I really like the offical manga paper and i really really wish i could find somewhere to buy it and not have to pay a huge postage price. but any way I find it more easier to do original dounjishi then to do parodies. I mean i created a fanfiction, which was a crossover between gundam wing and an original storyline, i made up a complete new world for the characters and put Quatre from gundam wing as the main character but i changed his personality a little bit and made him a little more less tolorent. Then i made up a new original character who come from an original background and paired him up which Quatre. Personal i think it was the best story i ever wrote but it hasn't go to many hits, so they speck for it.

But to get to the point, at the end i put lots of situation that are in real life at the moment and the two got together and adopted a child, i wrote small fanfiction after about little events that may happen such as a christmas one and one where they move into a new house. I did try to make a manga about them but i thought, one people won't know the storyline unless they read the fanfiction and two they may think that it was a stupid idea, so it never got finished. If i had changed the names around it would have made a really good book, and if i had changed the plot to Quatre being a aeroplane pilot instead of a Gundam pilot but then again it wouldn't of been a crossover then or an anime.

I've been thinking about a doujinshi about two boys who meet in boarding school, it lead off from one of the original characters in my other fanfiction, a young boy called James at birth but decides to change his name as he gets older to Spike deciding from himself that he wants to take up a skateboarding career. He and his father have issue, his father (who was original Trieze) doesn't listen to what he says and just sees him as a rebel and decide that the only way for his son to go back to being a noraml, high class gentlemen is to send him to a very strick boarding school or a miltery school, i can't decided which one. Before Spike is sent away to his new school he will become friends with a young girl who he falls in love with at first sight. Dispite their age difference. She doesn't like him at first but when he is sent away to boarding school, he starts to write to her and she write back to him and they become very good friends. Until his letter eventuallystop coming due to the teachers and the older students at the school break his rebelness and he becomes a very quiet and straight to do man, you know someone who does what ever he is told.

It would be a hentai a such but in writen form if you know what i mean, but if it was made into a doujinshi it would most properly be really really crap. It's one of those ideas that sounds good on paper but when it comes to drawing it or writing it it sounds really crap. I experianced that twice before where i had a really good idea for a doujinshi so i wrote it down, but when it come to drawing it, it was a really stupid plot so i give up on it. And i know i'm not the only one who has had that kind of problem.

[QUOTE=kitsunekami]that sounds like a really good story! it's got a good plot, doesn't sound like to much of a hentai though...

i dun use all the fancy stuff.....like tones, too exspensive and no way to get em.[/QUOTE]

I wish i could buy tone sheets, but there not available here. I only have two sheets and there the ones that came with my manga starter kit. :animecry:

[quote name='duoikari']I wish i could buy tone sheets, but there not available here. I only have two sheets and there the ones that came with my manga starter kit. :animecry:[/quote]
Hey, at least you have a starter kit^^
i decided to work on Doujinshi cause it would get me a tad bit of expierence, but that's not going too well either...i suck at inking....

[QUOTE=kitsunekami]Hey, at least you have a starter kit^^
i decided to work on Doujinshi cause it would get me a tad bit of expierence, but that's not going too well either...i suck at inking....[/QUOTE]

Same with me, first i started on fan art then i try to move on to doujinshi but i found it quite hard. I'm the type of person who like to use reference, i mostly like to use body refereance thought because i'm not very good at drawing hands and feet. So i find the image with the characters in the postion i want and then i copy most of the it and do little changes to some bits. but i do find it easier to draw Original characters. The only series i've ever tried to make a doujinshi out of is Gundam wing, maybe i feel that the character i have drawn does not do justice to the character in the anime. May be that is the problem deep down, after all i am a perfectionist. But then again there is just some series you can not mess with, Evangelion for one, i just can't bring my self to mess with the characters or the plot, it's the for FMA as well i have had ideas about fanfiction and what not but i just can't change the way the characters act or the plot. That's why i really really hate it when some doujinshis put ED as a really really girly UKe, when he was and will never be like that.

yeah! this person was all like, "you copy all ur fanart!" and this was when i first started working on fanart, and i was all like, "no i don't!" cause i don't. and then they kept on saying all these rye comments about it....
the whole posistion thing, i do that too. it works the best. but i find it still hard.... mew! I'M A PERFECTIONIS! ofcourse everything i do isn't perffect in any way or form, but ti's usually as good as i can get it. yeah, i hate it when people do that. except they did that with tsume once, it was so funny....^^