OtakuBoards

Saddest Anime Moment

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen

I think the saddest part in anime was in Saiyuki when,[COLOR=Black] [INDENT][CODE][spoiler]Kanan was kidnapped and none of the villagers bothered to help her, and Hakkai came home to find out what happened, and when he tries to rescue her, she kills herself right in front of him because she was pregnant with her kidnapper's child[/spoiler][/CODE][/COLOR]. :animecry: [/INDENT]

Also in Samurai X when, when [COLOR=Black][CODE][spoiler]tomoe was killed by Kenshin, after he went to rescue her[/spoiler][/CODE].[/COLOR]

sorry, I don't know how to black out the words, so I tried this. :animeswea

[color=#6699cc]It was a good try. The first post explains how to use the spoiler tags. I've done these ones for you. -Lore[/color]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
It was sad to Vampire since he/she is such a big saiyuki fan!!! Has anyone noticed that nomatter how sad they tried to make DBZ it never really was sad?

Episode 3 is sorta sad of FMA... and .hack//SIGN 's story with tsukasa and the whole memory lost thing...

What I think was one of the saddest anime moments, surprisingly, nobody's mentioned.

It was from that uber-long Kikaider movie. At the very end, as [SPOILER] he's walking away from the chaos and destruction, Bejeender (sp?) dead, the caretaker of the villain's son dead, Jiro's entire family destroyed...and he's walking away, and as the music plays, it says, "I finally gained the ability to be human (or feel like a human, become human, something like that) but at what cost?" And then, Jiro turns his head and tears are streaking down his face.[/SPOILER]

Ooooh man, that was sad. I was completely taken in the emotion of the last episode of the Kikaider miniserires/movie. Wow.

I'm not certain it was sad, but horrible emotional was this one episode of Evangelion...I want to say 17, when Shinji [SPOILER] fought his friend (name eludes me..the one the class president liked), who's EVA had turned into an Angel. He told his father he couldn't kill him, and they activated the Dummy system. And at the climax, when the insane EVA was holding R-did it start with an R? His friend's capsule, and then squeezed it into pulp.[/SPOILER] I was shocked. Shocked. Just staring at the screen, my arm vaguely outstretched..geez. I mean, that was something.

~R.E.

The only anime to make me honestly sad, and anywhere close to tearing up, is Grave of the Fireflies, which I just watched a couple of days ago. I would say that overall the saddest moment in the film is [spoiler]when Setsuko finally dies... she and Seita went through so much crap, and it's so disheartening to see such a sweet character suffer so much. The fact that she and Seita are reunited in death is a bit comforting, but still.[/spoiler] I'm feeling horrible just recalling that right now lol.

[quote name='Shinmaru]The only anime to make me honestly sad, and anywhere close to tearing up, is Grave of the Fireflies, which I just watched a couple of days ago. I would say that overall the saddest moment in the film is [spoiler]when Setsuko finally dies... she and Seita went through so much crap, and it's so disheartening to see such a sweet character suffer so much. The fact that she and Seita are reunited in death is a bit comforting, but still.[/spoiler'] I'm feeling horrible just recalling that right now lol.[/quote][color=#6699cc]That whole movie was heartbreaking. Even the wonderful, innocent moments (like the fireflies themselves) are tinted with sadness, because you know that [spoiler]Setsuko and Seita do die. (This spoiler is a bit short to just leave as two words, so here's some filler.)[/spoiler] It's a beautiful, very real movie, and the kids are portrayed so wonderfully. I don't think that knowing [spoiler]right from the beginning what happens to them[/spoiler] ruins the movie at all (you mentioned in the Zone that some peope had said that), but it does make the movie that much sadder throughout (as opposed to, say, having just a few truly awful moments at the end.)

I wonder, does that make sense?[/color]

I am totally with you guys when mentioning Grave of the Fireflies. The first time I saw it was with my husband and he told me that he will never watch it again since it was just too darn sad. I just wanted to reach through the screen and grab the kids and bring them into my home. No kids, no person regardless of age infact, should ever have to go though the suffering those two kids went though. Everything from [spoiler] the mean aunt (who I really hated), their mom dying after the fire bomb attack,[/spoiler] to the innocent things like the way they truly loved each other and the little candy tin Setsuko carried...it all made me teary eyed.

Just thinking about it makes my heart sink. :animecry:

[color=darkblue]I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried when[/color] [spoiler]it seemed like Pikachu would leave Ash in the first season of Pokemon. It might have been the incredibly sad song in the background that accompanied it, but still, I did cry a bit over it.[/spoiler]

[color=darkblue]Also, from Cowboy Bebeop,[/color] [spoiler]the end of Speak Like A Child was sad as well. Seeing Faye like she was when she was in her teens... It just made me sad to think that she lost all those seemingly wonderful memories.[/spoiler]

[color=darkblue]They may seem like little things, but eh. ^^;[/color]

[QUOTE=Lore][color=#6699cc]I don't think that knowing [spoiler]right from the beginning what happens to them[/spoiler] ruins the movie at all (you mentioned in the Zone that some peope had said that), but it does make the movie that much sadder throughout (as opposed to, say, having just a few truly awful moments at the end.)

I wonder, does that make sense?[/color][/QUOTE]

Makes perfect sense to me. I definitely agree with you that revealing that [spoiler]Seita and Setsuko end up dying[/spoiler] so early on in the movie works very well. Say you don't know that happens - when you're watching the movie, you have an inkling of what's going on, and you figure that there's a 50/50 chance that [spoiler]Seita and Setsuko don't make it... but maybe, [i]just maybe[/i], they survive. But the story is structured in such a way that the two [i]can't[/i] live, since that would undermine one of the key messages of the movie (that war affects completely innocent lives in an incredibly brutal manner). If the two live, the message still gets across, but I don't think that it's quite as strong.

Anyway. Seita and Setsuko are likely to die regardless of whether or not that fact is made known in the beginning of the movie. If you don't know that they are supposed to die, and then it actually happens, it's a shock, yes... that might even be more effective more often than not. But with the way Grave of the Fireflies presented its characters, knowing that they were going to die made the actual event all the more heartbreaking, I think. You know what will ultimately happen to Seita and Setsuko, but you can't help but make a connection to the two because they're so damn [i]nice[/i]. Personally, though I knew they would die, I kept pulling throughout the movie for [i]something[/i] good to happen to ease their pain in some way. I really enjoyed it, for example, when the two were able to have some fun, because it meant that they were happy. Conversely, I felt terrible when all of those sores were revealed on Setsuko's back, since I knew that those were causing her great suffering; much more suffering than she deserved.

I guess what I'm getting at is that the movie is more about the actual journey itself rather than what happens at the end of the journey. Setsuko and Seita die, and they are very sad moments, but what happens up to that point is equally distressing.[/spoiler]

So, yeah. lol

The four Wolf's Rain OVAs were the saddest things in anime that I have seen. I have been watching anime for a bit over two years now and WR was the first series to make me cry. And I don't mean just teary eyed while watching it, I mean streaming tears...during the entire episode...all four episodes. Well, mostly the last three~the first one wasnt so bad.

The episode "Paradise" from Trigun was sad as well...heh, I am listening to the song that plays after the sad part happens...very depressing.

{and yes i have seen anime other than what is on AS...the shows that made me cry just happen to be on it}

there is an anime full moon wo sagashite. the last 10 episode was really sad. [SPOILER]mizuki work so hard for her dream as a singer jus to wish to be able to see her childhood lover again but he actually died in an accident 2 years ago. and takuto who regain his memory will become a wandering ghost has to left mizuki when they are in love with each other [/SPOILER]

Another one was mai-hime. [SPOILER]whenever the girls lost a battle, they will lose someone precious to them.[/SPOILER]

but the ending for both was [SPOILER]quite good. not a sad ending[/SPOILER]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][I]I think the saddest anime moment was the last episode of kikaider where he was killing the guy. i cant really remember cause it was so long ago but he said something like"I kill you even if it means killing myself"[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR] :animecry:

[SIZE=4][FONT=Arial Black]i just thought about this but the saddest anime moment is at the end of 3x3eyes where they kiss. i bauled when i saw that part. :animecry: [/FONT] [/SIZE]

Honestly, i've never cried watching anime, but some have gotten me pretty close...

Gundam 0080, when [spoiler]Bernie dies and Chris asks that when he drops by again, that he come see her and Al starts crying at the end.[/spoiler]

In Gundam SEED when [spoiler] Mu, Nicol, Tolleand the M1 pilots die, from the manga[/spoiler]

In Trigun when [spoiler]Wolfwood dies[/spoiler]

In Vandread when [spoiler] Hibik finally tells Dita her name and confesses his feelings for her[/spoiler]

In Gundam Wing EW when [spoiler]Heero says, "I will never hurt anyone ever again, because I don't have to anymore.."[/spoiler]

In Char's Counter Attack when at the end, [spoiler]when you realized that pretty much every main character has died[/spoiler]

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
Am I the only one in here that thinks Naruto is sad? Naruto is really sad. [SPOILER]Sasukes savior of Naruto in chapter 26. Chapter 29 when Haku insists that Naruto kill her, and the majority of chapter one is Naruto's sad story.[/SPOILER]

I know I've posted on here before, but I've just recently seen Angel Sanctuary :animeswea
an now I think the most saddest anime moment is in Angel Santcuary when [QUOTE]Sara dies. I thought it was so sad how Setsuna and her were just trying to be happy together, and that stupid girl, Kirie, had to go and kill her[/QUOTE] :mad:

AH! I don't know how to do spoiler tags! :animedepr

oh come on... there's nothing wrong crying about an anime...

Vision of Escaflowne is damn sad!
especially the last episode... and in the movie the ending will make you cry... hehe :animecry:

Fanelia is being rebuilt. Hitomi and Van talk at Folken/Vari/Gaou's grave. Van goes to Escaflowne and takes out the energist, and tells Hitomi it will no longer be needed. Hitomi and Van talk. Van says they can see each other whenever they share a common feeling. Hitomi gives Van her pendant. They hug while Van's parents, Duke Freid & Marlene, Folken with Naria & Eriya, and Vargas watch. The pillar of light appears and Hitomi is sent back to earth. Merle, Allen, Serena, the Crusade Crew, Millerna, Eries, Dryden, Chid, and the Mole Man watch. On earth as girls talk about Amano & Yukari, Hitomi looks over the water and sees Van. She says she's doing fine. The End. -from the series...(escaflowneonline.com)

Epilogue

With the Black Dragon Clan collapsed, Dilandau and the 3 remaining Dragonslayers ride off. Days later, Hitomi and Van walk up the hill near Adon. Van says Hitomi can stay on Gaea until the Mystic Moon calls her back. Hitomi hears Sora's song. Wings appear on her back and she vanishes. -from the movie...(escaflowneonline.com)

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
Hey lore, is grave of the fireflies a movie or anime??? It sounds like a japanese movie...Cause Anime isn't that sad is it???

hi ShonenSamuraiMugen, it is actually a japanese anime movie(sorry lore for replying it for you). you should really watch it. Seeing the [spoiler]brother and sister having a really hard time, really breaks your heart.[/spoiler]. it is one of the saddest anime i have watch. its enough to make you cry and stop continuously throughout the show.

Actually anime can be very sad too, if you know which one to watch.
but different people have different view, so it depend how you feel about it.

Guest Ichimaru Gin
[COLOR=Red][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]The saddest part of an anime for me was in Naruto, [SPOILER]the 3rd hokage's death. He was there throughout the whole anime and it's like he just disappeared.[/SPOILER] It was so sad... :([/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]