OtakuBoards

Reboot, does anyone remember?

benakittie

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I used to watch a show on Cartoon Network called, "Reboot" It use to be a favorite of mine before our cable was cut off about five years ago. I was just wondering if anyone else remembered it and what episodes do they remember the most? Was it your favorite or not?

I think my favorite was when it was Endzone's birthday and they were throwing him a party. Megabite showed up and played an awesome rock guitar song for him. It was one rare episode where he wasn't purposely fighting against them. He gave Endzone the guitar then left.

I thought Megabite was a pretty cool character and Bob too. Bob was just one of those guys who are naturally good and not in a sappy way like most cartoon heros. [/FONT] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Ah yes... Reboot... the most imfamous of Canadian cartoonage... maybe not the best, but the most wellknown. I used to watch the show all the time; but turthfully I only liked it after Enzone got caught in the games and the show sort of transformed, that was a much cooler show for me. Plus the chick who's name I can't recall is hot. I also like the Reboot movie, and the final episodes where it's cool action and stuff. I liked it. It's a tad outdatted now-a-days, but it's still a neat show whenever I see it.[/COLOR]

I talk about this show all the time with my friend, who lives in Canada and thus can brag about it to me. I used to love it heh. I liked Andrea the best, she had a devil pitchfork thing as a weapon and generally was just the Xena Warrior Princess chick of the show...and I liked Hexadecimal too, I like harlequinn(sp?) characters though. I haven't seen that show in ages though but I remember watching it religiously. ^^

[size=1]I remember Reboot. Fond memories of it. I remember when that little kid grows up and goes to look for his brother Bob or whatever. Coolness. I also remember being sad that he never did (did he?).

I remember watching Reboot during the holidays and then having to go sleepover at my cousin's house while my parents went hospital. My eldest sister was born the next day, lol. So random fond memory.[/size]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]I loved the series. I much prefered the last season to the first few, because everything took on a much more serious note. I liked how [spoiler]Enzo was all grown up, and Bob was a cyborg thinger[/spoiler]. It was awesome, and I loved it.

The first series were cool too, but the last season just eclipsed them completely.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=arial][size=1][color=darkorchid]Reboot! I loved it. Except when a kid at school made fun of me for liking a bunch of shows on Toonami, because they were all rated Y7 and whatnot. And then that kid started crying during the state test. Dummy.

I miss that show now. I loved it when they played the games, and that whole +taptap+ "REBOOT!" thing. That wasn't very aptly named, though, but I don't care.

Le sigh. Nostalgia.[/font][/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Retribution][SIZE=1]
[B]Lest we forget. Long live Reboot.[/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Haha! I remember Reboot. I think it still plays on YTV, which is kind of annoying... Good show for it's time though. I remember someone in my class who was obsessed with that show. Ah, the memories and the drama. But, I agree with Aiyisha, the last season was crazy!

Wow - it's been so long, since I've ever thought about Reboot. That was a great show indeed. I used to think of how "state of the art" it was to me. I still used to laugh at how the first episodes went from corny and [sort of, but in a good way] stupid to mature and all idealistic at the end. Plus you just can't beat how "adventurous" it made the "Net" sound. Ah...that was the good ole years.

I'll still never forget the way everyone would say "Bob!" with such emotion.

Though if you ask me, Megabyte was given way too many personalty changes. How many times would he be hostile, one episode, and damn near friends the next? Weird...

I used to watch Reboot all the time when it came on Toonami a few years ago. It was a really good show, for what it was.
I liked how they used the different games to pay homage to real games and movies, my favorite being the Zombie game episode, where they had the Ash ripoff shooting everyone, and Dot and Enzo transformed/rebooted intp Elvira and Zombie Michael Jackson from the Thriller video.

[QUOTE=WW2]I used to watch Reboot all the time when it came on Toonami a few years ago. It was a really good show, for what it was.
I liked how they used the different games to pay homage to real games and movies, my favorite being the Zombie game episode, where they had the Ash ripoff shooting everyone, and Dot and Enzo transformed/rebooted intp Elvira and Zombie Michael Jackson from the Thriller video.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]*LOL* :animesmil I remember that episode!! What was the name of the big red dog? Aw, that dog sure was cool! :animesmil But I have to agree that the part after Endzone and Andrea grew up and went searching for Bob was better than the first half. I love how it all closed at the end.

Does anyone remember that superhero episode with Rob who looked an awfully lot like Bob? Classic...*sad recollection* Rob sacrificed his life just like Bob would've. That part made me so sad!!! :animecry:

Man...Does anyone know if it's on DVD and has anyone seen it? Is it worth buying? I know Ranma on DVD didn't give you much extras and fun stuff, but Excel certainly did.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
I remember Reboot. It makes me feel old to talk about it with my dad, while my little sister of eight years has no clue what I'm rambling about. Hey, the 3D may not have been superb, but it was what I watched when I was younger. It was entertaining... *Sighs.* Long live Reboot and the days of good children's shows.

Ah good ole reboot. I use to wake up at 7:00 am to rush downstairs to watch it on saturday morning anime. I always thought it was so cool theway they fought the actual human player and had to win or risk deletion. Megadaim was the best, i forgot his sisters name but they were the best villans ever.

[font=Garamond][size=2][color=seagreen]Hells yes I remember Reboot! That was one of my favorite cartoons. It was on about 10 or 11 years ago (back when cartoons were actually good). I used to watch it every saturday morning along with Sonic the Hedgehog, Bump in the Night, Bill Nye, and numerous other classic cartoons/shows that eventually got cancelled or sent to cable.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Garamond][size=2][color=seagreen]Good times, good times.[/color][/size][/font]

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
Reboot....awesome show, I can only remember bits and peices though... whatever happened to robot week on toonami?

[SIZE=1]Ah those were the days. Actually my brother and I began watching that around the same time we'd started watching DBZ, and got into anime. We both miss it dearly. *goes into flash back* I don't remember any specific episodes though. I do remember being really disappointed when it was canceled. :( I liked Bob and the little boy, favorite characters.

Ah yes, when cartoons were good. Lol. I have to agree, I miss alot of the older cartoons. Such as Sonic the Hedgehog, as mentioned. ...Mucha Lucha? What the? Now thats crap t.v. for you. ¬_¬ Our children will be corrupted with these hedious new children shows! XD

But thats for another discussion. ^_^;[/SIZE]

[font=Trebuchet MS]I remember loving Reboot for the darker, more adult twist the show took later on. Grown-up Enzo - aka Matrix - was my first taste of the concept known as the 'anti-hero'.

A favourite episode would definitely be the Resident Evil-type zombie game episode, where the User's character kept saying [b]"Gah-roovy!"[/b]

You can buy the series on DVD from Amazon, but they're all marked as 'limited availability'. I guess it's one of those cult shows that has a bit too much of an in-depth story for the more casual viewer, and gets cancelled due to low ratings. And what's this about a movie? Over here in England, it got cancelled just as everyone in the Net was getting 'the Infection', and getting glowing green veins all over them...
[/font]

[QUOTE=Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS]I remember loving Reboot for the darker, more adult twist the show took later on. Grown-up Enzo - aka Matrix - was my first taste of the concept known as the 'anti-hero'.

A favourite episode would definitely be the Resident Evil-type zombie game episode, where the User's character kept saying [b]"Gah-roovy!"[/b]

You can buy the series on DVD from Amazon, but they're all marked as 'limited availability'. I guess it's one of those cult shows that has a bit too much of an in-depth story for the more casual viewer, and gets cancelled due to low ratings. And what's this about a movie? Over here in England, it got cancelled just as everyone in the Net was getting 'the Infection', and getting glowing green veins all over them...
[/font][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
Hmm... Must be a cultural thing. In Canada it must have been showing for ni on twenty years now - still does on YTV now and again. The movies were entertaining, the one where The Word starts infecting everything... good stuff.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Mr. Maul][font=Garamond][size=2][color=seagreen]Hells yes I remember Reboot! That was one of my favorite cartoons. It was on about 10 or 11 years ago (back when cartoons were actually good). I used to watch it every saturday morning along with Sonic the Hedgehog, Bump in the Night, Bill Nye, and numerous other classic cartoons/shows that eventually got cancelled or sent to cable.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Garamond][size=2][color=seagreen]Good times, good times.[/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

Haha you sound as old as I do.. Actually you may be....<.< >.> Who knows...but I wont tell....

REBOOT! This show was great I wish it was still around and the bad guys.. like the lady with the changing faces.. She was weird but I loved her. She always made me laugh for whatever reasons. But Im happy CN did a return of this show about 5 years ago.. I got a chance to peak at episodes I didnt even know existed. Especially about them leaving thier own server and traveling to others. That was awesome... Hmmm I wonder if little electronic people are in my computer as I speak now!