OtakuBoards

Controversial and Bad animes

AnimeFront

nearly all the shows on Fox Box (or now 4Kids tv) suck, no surprise there. I'd have to say while gatekeepers 21 had a good plot and good animation, the main characters kinda ruined it for me, I don't remember the name of the chick who flew, but her voice annoyed the crap out of me! "Ayaaaaneeee!" I wanted to puch the tv! :mad: Ayane wasn't much better, each episode began with some "deep thought" of hers, and one of them happened to kick of with: "I like birds..." WTF? :animestun

I don't really get the point of this thread. Are you talking about stuff that's controversial for theological, political, censorship, or other reasons (EVA's the prime example in that catagory), or just shows you thought sucked (apparently, that is what this thread is mostly about)?

I think the OP is trying to use "controversial" as a synonym for "offensive," which makes a little more sense in the context of his post. Although personally, I'd be much more interested in discussing controversial anime than complaining about stuff I hated (not to imply that complaining doesn't have its time & place as well, haha).

~Dagger~

That Super Milk-Chan show. The first time I saw it, I stared blankly at the screen, then turned off the television and picked up a book. I could feel my brain atrophy as that show played, and it wasn't very pleasant.

In my opinion, there are tons of anime that aren't good. But that's because there are very few that I like.

I'd have to say the only anime I have ever really hated was Kikiader. Not that the story was bad, though I feel it lacked any real depth or drawing power. Of everything from that show what really irked me was the animation style. something about that anime style just bothers me. That's why I did'nt care for it and only watched two or three episodes.