OtakuBoards

Lunar: Dragon Song

Bloodseeker

[url=http://ds.ign.com/articles/645/645544p1.html][color=red]The next Lunar game is for the DS![/color][/url]

That's right, Lunar is going to that one handheld system with the awkward controls that put the N-Gage to shame! If they were going to put it on a handheld, why couldn't they at least move it to the PSP?! Sony is the bigger gaming power anyways, and therefor the more stable partnership!

Hopefully this is just a side show before they reveal Lunar 3 for the XBOX360 or the PS3.

Lunar cannot go onto the DS, It's just against all rules of nature. The machine that is impossible to use, More impossible then the really weird version of the Game Boy. I'm also not sure what to think about the remake of Final Fantasy 3 on DS but whatever.

[font=Verdana][color=blue]I honestly don't see what's so hard to use about the DS. It's just a Game Boy with a couple more buttons and an extra screen. There's always (well almost always anyway) an alternate set of controls that don't require you to move anything with the touch screen and end up turning it into a selection system or even just a map.[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]An RPG on a DS could be a good thing too. If the touch screen is used as a menu (think Final Fantasy VII style), you could easily navigate through it, change weapons, and use items without having bring up another screen. Also, during things like battles, the touch screen could also be used to input commands. Once again referring to Final Fantasy VII (because I'm currently playing it), you'd be able to select your action and then choose your target, just by touching them. I personally think that would be pretty cool, if the developers chose to do it that way anyway.[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff]And now, after reading a bit of that article mentioned in the original post, I see that they are implementing a similar system in this game.[/color][/font]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I was talking about if they're goin to remake FFVII for the PS3. And I agree a DS isnt that hard to use (since i have one :animeswea ) But i agree with the Petie guy it would be pretty cool to have an RPG for the DS (especialy ff7) it [B]would[/B] be so much easier to look at the menu screen or even the map. Lunar for the DS im still not sure about. I once saw it for the GBA ,But not entirly sure for the DS. :D [/COLOR]

Ahhh this is very exciting to me. I'm a long time Lunar fan so seeing a new one after years of Lunar 3 rumors is just amazing to me. In fact, it might be what sways me from my 'middle ground' on the DS vs. PSP debate going on in my wallet. Really the DS isn't hard to use from the times I've played it and it has enough good games that I would play that the new Lunar is just the finishing touch.

I think the battle system sounds fun really, yelling into the DS to run will be amusing and I'll probably do it just to yell. Lucia though, odd that they are using that name again. I'm glad it's coming out so soon but I still need to buy the DS first...

I'll be waiting on Lunar 3 though, blue and black dragons still need some love.

[color=darkred]I've never a played a Lunar game but I've heard all about them. The Dual Screen in Dragon Song seems to have been implemented in a rather unique way, which sounds interesting, but at this point of the DS's life-cycle I think people would much rather just pick up a simple paced RPG that uses the second screen but in a more mild manner and start hacking away at that, apart from the long time fans that is.

I might get this game when it's released, though, seeing as my income issues are starting to pick up.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
[COLOR=RoyalBlue] :animeshy: Does any body right in here any more. Anyway I bought the game. :animestun But it sorta confusing once you start getting into it (if you never played any of the lunar games you might not understand it or you'll be bored with it) SO the part I dnt get about this game is that the when you're in battle you can't choose your target, :animesigh it took me 4ever to learn how to flee from battle and I didnt get the part where you had to use cards. Im not saying its a good game, :D but if your not a lunar fan then I dnt recemend it at all. I gauranty you! You will get stuck on the simple parts.[/COLOR] This game seriosly ticked me off :animeangr