OtakuBoards

Assassin Academy Underground [M-LV]

Sir Gawain

Well, this is the Underground thread. If you found this on your own, I'll need your mailing address so you can get a cookie. If you followed the instructions (soon to be posted in the RP after this) then you also get a cookie. But I'll need your pin number, credit card number, checking account, etc.

Okay, enough foolishness. I'm going to post a new topic here every time a topic goes dry. This is just general discussion of the RP, so don't get too into it.

Okay, the first topic is:

Your Thoughts

What do you, the players, think so far about Assassin Academy. I realize that some of you are incontent with the low level of action, but that's necessary for now. I actually hope that this will go on for two months, giving everyone the full experience. But maybe it'll last longer.

However, that's not the point now. The point is, what can I do to help make the Assassin Academy experience better for you. At least that's what my handbook is telling me to write. Type. Whatever. What could make this a better RP? Because if it dies I'll just ressurect it in a month and get new people in there! This is my zombie, and like Inuyasha: Search for the Sword, it shall return.

We now continue to your regularly scheduled yelling at the computer screen and laughing at my avatar.

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]ROFLMAO

I like your style, Sir. XD

Right now, I really like what you're doing with the rp. The teachers all have great personalities (the ones that we've met, at least), the people are fun to rp with. I'd say that everything's going well.

Hmm. I think we need a few more clashing personalities. I'm trying to work up a clash with my classmates, to add a little more depth to it. My job is made a little easier by the fact that both my classmates are male. ^.^ That's really the only thing that's bothering me right now.

Do I get a cookie? XD[/FONT][/SIZE]

[color=blue][size=1]I agree with Kenshinsbabe.

The RP is great so far. The teachers' personalities are wonderfully malicous and calculating - as assassin teachers should be. I'd like a little more in-depth posts from you however with these teachers, and making sure to include everyone's characters in them.

Example: You posted using the character Maurice for Kenshinsbabe, XZY and silverwolf_fang, where myself, Chief Predator and hugoxx are left with no teacher-student interaction. I know you might say that Chief Predator and hugoxx haven't posted that they haven't gotten to class yet, but I have. That might sound selfish.... a lot. Oh well. You could have divided the post into two, one section for the Stealth class, the other for the other class.

That's about all I have to post now.[/color][/size]

Hmm. A most excellent point Reiku, thank you for bringing that up. I'll be working on it.

Well, not much point to an empty post like this, so here's a factoid from the bottom of my mind. When creating Assassin Academy, I realized that I wanted to do something that no one else had really done before (that I know of). Well, these are called RPs, and what's an RP without NPCs?

That's probably the best feature of Assassin Academy. The large number of NPCs to interact with makes each character seem smaller in a way, and really fit more into the universe without so many unanswered questions.

But that's also why I had to remain out of the plot. I became the 'NPC Master' if you would. I had to introduce certain special characters that would drastically affect the storyline without it being overwhelmingly stupid. Thus, giving me a much larger amount of control in the RP than in previous attempts.

And yes, kenshinbabe, you do get a cookie. The only question that remains is, what kind of cookie.

And to Reiku, I will try to give a little more depth to the teachers by interacting in the classes more than I originally planned on (the original plan called for one of the teachers dying!).

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]Woo hoo! We're starting to get to the good things now.

While I'm on the subject, nice backstory hints, Sir. ^.^ The backstory of the instructors sounds interesting. I can't wait to hear it all in full.

So basically, right now, we're all going to fight some chick who can kick all our ***** anyway? XD[/FONT][/SIZE]

Yes actually. Do you remember the Insect Strike story? Well, that (besides needing to be updated) is where the battle against Tiger Beetle takes place.

Valkyrie, on the other hand, is the big time traitor of the RP. She got paid big bucks to kill a certain someone a while back by France. Why France you ask? That's part of it. The mission will take place in France.

So basically, here's the idea. The twelve, let's call them, 'Lost Assassins,' are beginning to pose a sizeable threat to the Academy. For every one that dies, one of the freshman, that's all of you, take their place. Whoever defeats Valkyrie will be considered the master of Tactical Strike. That's what she's best at, finding the enemies' weak points and exploiting them.

Hope you enjoyed this little insight.

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [B]Sir Gawain[/B]

That's what she's best at, finding the enemies' weak points and exploiting them.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]Does that mean that she distracts them with meaningful and hurtful (to the person she's fighting) words, then kicks 'em while they're down?

I like her style. XD *gets hit by a huge hammer* Ow! I was kidding, dammit! Only girls can do that anyway (You should get that reference, sir. XD).[/FONT][/SIZE]

Giant hammers from out of nowhere? I see a bunny forming within you, kenshinbae (unless there's already a bunny there). Perfect, perfect.

But back to your question, yes and no. Technically, Valkyrie is very decisive in battle. Something close to Finnish or Norwegian descent (explains the name) but trained intensely to learn all the pressure points of the human body. Thus, she exploits said pressure points with quick jabs to them. Series of jabs result in, well, painful consequences.

But if she does know anything about the person she's fighting, Valkyrie will try to distract them. But seeing as how everyone who's suppossed to be attacking her are assassins, I would hope that not too many of them let the words go to their heads.

Please take no offense that two of these four paragraphs began with the word 'But.' It is purely coincidental from my inability to think short term. I'll end this post with one of my favorite quotes ever: "It just sounds like one big awkward moment."

[color=purple][size=1]Well it all depends what other positions are available, and if we are allowed to take multiple positions.

I don't think my character would be a good canditate for this position because she focuses on stealth, undercover work and marksmanship.

And Inuyasha Fandom, I say you can join on the condition you post regularly and of adequate standard.[/color][/size]

Well, not only does Reiku agree, but so do I.

Remember, I don't normally allow people to join in an RP so late in the development, but considering how long this is hopefully going to be, then it's not too far in at all.

Everyone already puts you in their posts, well, some of them did. At any rate, welcome aboard Inuyasha Fandom. But, during your second post, please try to find some sort of administrator who can give you an application form.

I'll be PMing you a room assignment later. But as I remember it, one person's already killed their roommate. Guess who you'll be bunking with?:D

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]Wait a second...I am once again confused (sorry, I think I'm retarded today ><;; ).

So one of the freshmen is expected to take her place and make people think that they're evil so they can get the evil plans...and things?

In the immortal words of Elliot, "Za?"[/FONT][/SIZE]

Not take her place like that. What I meant when I said that a freshman would take her place I meant that one of the freshman would take her title as one of the best assassins to ever live.

And for your information, kenshinbabe, this information may be acquired in full at PTTAPUTASF. Don't worry, you can get in. But as for the immortal words of Elliot, I counter with the immortal words of Guineas, "Squee squee squee squee." :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Reiku][color=purple][size=1]Well it all depends what other positions are available, and if we are allowed to take multiple positions.

I don't think my character would be a good canditate for this position because she focuses on stealth, undercover work and marksmanship.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[color=purple][size=1]So who's going to take that position? And could you answer my questions please Sir Gawain, not trying to be mean or anything. :)[/color][/size]

Okay Reiku. I realize that some people may not feel too clear about what is going on right now so here it is:

First, this is an RP, and as such, I am currently treating this as an actual role playing game on a console or otherwise. This gives me the benefit of distributing information at a desirable rate, think of me as the artificial intelligence in a game. The base code, if you will.

The entire idea behind a multiplayer game is that the players get to make their own desicions, even outside of the overall goal. This will answer one of your questions. The players get to decide who will take what place. There are plenty more positions availble, but they will be revealed in due time. The due time being when each new enemy is revealed.

Valkyrie is considered the master of melee tactical combat. If your character is not adept to take this title, then you should most likely concede the position to someone else.

Howler (Howler Monkey) is considered the master of surveillance (more info on that later).

In order to defeat either of these two (with whoever is present to beat them) the character must be more proficient in those areas than their enemy, thus the idea that the character will take that title. But as to answer another of your questions, characters cannot take more than one title. It would completely defeat the purpose of the exercise.

Sorry if this post sounded a little harsh. Just trying to be formal. And there are some, outside events taking place at the moment that are doing very little to help my mood.

Still, thank you for bringing up those questions. I had no right not to answer them.

Ah, yes, Inu Fan. Your appearance threw somewhat of a wrench in things. As such, there was no thirteenth position available. But don't worry. There's still a special position available for you. It's just not one of the twelve that will be revealed in time.

You'll be happy with it.

• 3 weeks later...