OtakuBoards

Gantz

Ikillion

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]After going through my daily routines of looking for a new manga I happened to browse my eyes upon a manga know as gantz. I started to browse through a couple of pages of it and I found it rather interesting. So I did a search on the internet and I found out a rather lot about it here is a brief overview of the story

[QUOTE=]A story that revolves in a room with a big black ball in the middle. A teenager named Kurono dies in a fatal accident and is brought into a room filled with other "dead" people he starts from being a coward to an all out badass warrior, showing little fear towards fighting building size monsters even without his protection suit. They are forced to hunt down aliens using some insane sci-fi gadgets. Although the action is very intense with explosions and acid eating flesh, the characterization is what makes this manga awesome. We see these evolution of characters put into a rough situation and must learn how to survive really quick. The survival rate is very low on these missions. There are no morals, and the Gantzers have no idea who or what they are fighting. The room is filled with a mixture of people from business men and teenagers to rapists and killers.[/QUOTE]

That is just a basic overview of the Series. If you didn?t get it from the Overview this Manga is very graphic. When I say graphic I mean like [spoiler] In one of the chapters, this guys head explodes and you can see his brain flying out everywhere, there is also another part when the rip off the head, legs, and arm of a person and the blood is spattered everywhere. [/spoiler] There seems to be a lot of nudity in this also so I would advise that this not be fore those who want there eyes to be scarred. The use of language is also more mature rated since they do seem to swear a lot, and I mean a lot in it.

The characters themselves aren?t really that detailed when it comes to drawing. IF you can overlook that like most people who have read it have, you find this to be an awesome manga all in itself. I was also curious if there happened to be any others out there who have herd of this manga hence being the reason I created this new thread.[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=Teal]Gantz is awesome I read the manga and watch the anime. its definitely not for young kids. I really like it cause it keeps you interested. You wonder if that character you like will live another day or get killed buy the aliens(one of the characters I liked got killed).
It can be really gory but thats one of the reasons I like it. It reminds me of Battle Royale, which is another good manga.[/COLOR]

• 9 months later...
I started to read this widely known manga, and finished the second volume. Although the excessive nudity and big breasted characters is something of a turn off for me, I am enjoying the dark storyline. It is interesting how the characters are dealing with their 'deaths'. The art is also absolutley gorgeous.

Anyways, I will definatley be keeping an eye on this one. What do you guys think about it?
[COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]Doublehex[/B], before creating new threads, please refer to the Thread Directory to make sure there isn't already one that you can post in. For these, it does not matter what time they were last posted in. (You can revive it no matter what.) Next time please check the directory instead of creating a new one. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Gantz is perhaps my favorite anime. The manga is great too. Unfortuetly it hasnt been released on the US. So im stuck with my crappy fan subs :animecry: . i hate the whole [spoiler]revival concept if you die you should stay dead like in the anime[/spoiler]. Theres alot more chacters in the manga and Kurono actually has a lover unlike the anime. I really hope they release the manga in the US soon. Gantz is a unique series thats a great read but like the others have stated strong language , sexual themes, and violence.Not that it bothers me thoguh.

• 2 years later...
Anyone here reading this manga at th moment. Im up to chapter 282 and i was wandering if anyone wanted to share their thoughts on where the manga is at the moment and whether they are enjoying it.

I think its at one of those points again at the begginning of a story arc where 3 chapters are really boring and have no action. But with the story twist coming up [spoiler] the armageddon which will include some massive army coming to destroy earth. Perhaps a massive Gantz battle with all the teams?[/spoiler] i think its ok to be boring for now.