OtakuBoards

Devil May Cry 4

Qman1

(Courtesy of [URL]http://www.1up.com[/URL])

In Capcom's next-generation theater at the Tokyo Game Show (set up like a real movie theater with the game titles listed on a marquee outside), the company is showing off three of its biggest upcoming titles: Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising, and Devil May Cry 4. While the RE5 trailer has been shown previously and Dead Rising is also playable on the TGS show floor, this is the first time anything significant has been shown for the next installment in the Devil May Cry series.
In the trailer, series hero Dante (or someone who looks almost exactly like Dante, but with a softer, less angry face), shows up walking leisurely down an alley towards the camera. He takes a few steps, and all of a sudden you realize that he has a serious beef with said camera. He kneels down, tapping on the camera as if it was a television set, then shaking and hitting it. Its reception goes to black and white at one point, even.

Soon enough, Dante takes his camera harassment to the next level and starts full on attacking the camera, hitting it up in the air and then the trailer slows down as you fall towards him with his two guns aimed right at your face. A few more stylish combos go on, and just at the point you think you are going to get dizzy -- you are watching yourself getting attacked in first-person the entire time, after all -- your camera view falls to the ground again, and Dante walks away.

Giving the stylish look and teaser approach taken by the trailer, we don't have much news about the game to impart, but if this trailer is running on the actual game engine, it features a mind-bogglingly good look. Dante's hair has a nice shiny look to it, his coat looks leathery and fits perfectly with the character, and the alleyway in the background looked amazingly detailed. It's a short, controlled trailer, but these graphics look much more like they could be running off real hardware than those in, say, the Killzone PS3 trailer, despite an abundance of special case animations like when he bends down to tap on the camera at the beginning.

Capcom ended its presentation by confirming what we already assumed: Devil May Cry 4 will be a PlayStation 3 exclusive. Given that the game debuted at the Electronic Entertainment Expo earlier this year in a few second of rendered footage of Dante, that's no huge surprise, but nice to have official. No release date was given for the game.

DM 3 was simply amazing, so expect the 4th installment to be even better.
[url]http://www.1up.com/media?id=1896193&type=lg[/url]
[url]http://www.1up.com/media?id=1896192&type=lg[/url]
[url]http://www.1up.com/media?id=1896191&type=lg[/url]

[color=dimgray][size=1]EDIT: Hey, Qman1. Just letting you know that the pictures you posted were stretching OB's layout, so I reverted them to links. - White[/size][/color]

[color=darkred]Sounds interesting, though I imagine I'd have to actually see the footage to be wowed by the graphics, but I digress, as I do have faith in the PS3's capabilities. :cool:

More than anything, I'm most keen in finding out what's going to make the game stick out more than the others in the series. DMC3 had its job system, so considering what the PS3 is capable of, this could be one to look out for, I think.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=2]Oy. With my luck, it's be as hard as three. Which shamed me into never admitting I even owned it. Still, though, I do love the series. So, when I do get my PS3 (and I will...), this'll have to be one I pick up.

I kinda hope they get rid of the job system in this one. I think it limited what I could do too much. I wanted to be able to run off walls [I]and[/I] shoot the crap out of stuff. So, we may need to add a few buttons to the controller...[/SIZE][/COLOR]

When I first looked into DMC 4 and found some screenshots/wallpapers, my immediate reaction was, "Dante goes to Ottawa! Woots! : D"

Overdone Canadian humour aside, however, I absolutely love the DMC franchise and am looking very much forward to the PS3 and the forth installment in the series. The only thing is, I'm afraid it'll be even harder than the third one. >>;; (Which is a good thing, I suppose, or would be if it weren't for the boomerang controllers liability to come back and clunk you when you chuck them in frustration.)

• 11 months later...
[Quote=Vic Viper @ psfantasy.com]- Nero will be the main character not Dante. (LAME )

-Nero has devilish right arm. He can draw enemies toward himself and then throw them. He starts to realise his powers in DMC4. DMC4 portraits Nero when he earns his powers and hereafter.

- They chose Nero because Dante was overused (3 games) & they wanted to put the new users and the old fans in the same starting line for DMC4.

- Nero looks like Dante because the silver hair and red coat is more like a symbol to the DMC series/

- "Dante is grim and he can't settle down. As story progresses the situation changes, how's that?" says Kobayashi meaning that Dante might be playable.

-They introduced the right arm draw-throw system because in DMC3 when you beat the enemies, combos brake. Besides expect the sword and weapons this system provides multiple choises and the fun expands, However depending on the enemy you can't draw and throw everyone of them.

- The combo system has as base the one from DMC3 & they are revising/reworking details according to the fans' comment-remarks.

-Nero's sword has a bar. The sword has somekind of a driving force in it. It's a new way/element to enjoy the sword handling.
-In TGS there will be real time footage.

all info are from famitsu mag

[URL=http://xc5.xanga.com/0cbd13657073476454877/b51719623.jpg]Nero pics[/URL]

[URL=http://x67.xanga.com/78ca86703333576454892/b51719636.jpg]Dante pics[/URL]

[URL=http://x00.xanga.com/80fd13652103476454945/b51719678.jpg]more pics[/URL]

[URL=http://x23.xanga.com/3c9a81652163576454924/b51719659.jpg]Nero's sword Red Queen[/URL]

And apparently Nero is Nelo Angelo and the game suppose to take place after DMC 1.[/quote]

[b][size=1]I'm interested to see how this one will turn out. I can't really say too much since I don't have much of an opinion on this one. Just gotta wait till TGS.[/b][/size]

[SIZE=1]Dante's in the game, though the role he plays is still fairly vague. I remember reading something about how Dante will "appear to be an enemy" to Nero, though I can't quite remember from where. (Dante boss fights, anyone?)

As for the whole Nero = Vergil thing, no one really knows for sure at this point. I'm guessing he's Vergil with amnesia or something.

Anyway, the official site is up, though not much is there yet:

[U][url]http://www.capcom.co.jp/devil4/[/url][/U][/SIZE]

[quote name='Charles']So wait, is Nero supposed to be Virgil? I'm confused.[/quote]
[b][size=1]The same guy who gave the information responded with "oh, Nero might not be Vergil".... So at this moment I'm just as confused as anybody else. But seeing that close-up on Nero, I'm willing to bet that's a new character instead of Vergil/Nelo Angelo. Look a bit on the younger side compared to Vergil and Dante, if the story is following DMC1 that is...[/b][/size]

[COLOR=#35425e]Ten bucks say that Nero's a long lost brother to Dante and Vergil. Kinda like [i]Les Enfants Terribles[/i], only with pretty boys.

Then again, I won't be surprised if he somehow turns out to be DMC4's Vergil incarnate, complete with an unknown past (i.e. was found mortally wounded in the outskirts of Fortuna and could remember jack squat about his life) and brief lapses of Vergil-ness coupled with stinging sensations in his right hand, to which Dante will utter in surprise:

[b]"Liquid?!?"[/b][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Delta][COLOR=#35425e]Ten bucks say that Nero's a long lost brother to Dante and Vergil. Kinda like [i]Les Enfants Terribles[/i], only with pretty boys.

Then again, I won't be surprised if he somehow turns out to be DMC4's Vergil incarnate, complete with an unknown past (i.e. was found mortally wounded in the outskirts of Fortuna and could remember jack squat about his life) and brief lapses of Vergil-ness coupled with stinging sensations in his right hand, to which Dante will utter in surprise:

[b]"Liquid?!?"[/b][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

well i hope that nero doesnt turn out to be dante and vergils brother... that would be terrible.. but i guess there could have also been another demon besides sparda who fought for good...

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Alright guys, this is getting a little bit out of hand. I realize that all of you love Devil May Cry but it just seems like none of you are putting any effort into your posts. Could you please maybe write more than 3 sentences?

Also, LilyBebeboo, that link is not related to the actual game. Something like that would go in the Anime Lounge since it's anime. If you need help, just PM one of the Anime Lounge moderators to see what is and isn't allowed there.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]In my hands I hold the newest Game Informer (Great magazine) and the cover article is none other than Devil May Cry 4. Now I'm not gonna jump out on a limb and tell everyone that I live and breath or even love the DMC franchise because my loyalty lies elsewhere, but I will drop some info about the game straight from the article.

[I]"Though their combat ablilties may differ, it doesn't take a particularly keen eye to notice that Nero and Dante have strikingly similar appearances. Same white hair. Same long coat. Same big sword. Even so, Kobayashi insists that unlike Dante and Vergil's connection, there is no story-based reason why Nero bears a resembalance to the sons of Sparda. Instead, Nero's look is about finding a design that is different yet familiar: 'Devil May Cry is about guns and swords, and we want people to be able to see that and understand that,' he tells us."
[/I]
So that clears up all the confusion with Nero being a bro and all.

[I]"...Since Nero isn't one of Sparda's progeny, he probably won't be able to undergo a full transformation [B][Devil Trigger style][/B] but that doesn't mean he mechanic will vanish entirely from DMC 4. Unfortunately, this is one of the game's aspect that is still undergoing development, and Kobayashi could only tease us with a clue as to where it's going: 'The key word in devil trigger is 'devil', but that's something - as far as its relation to Nero - we're not ready to explore yet."[/I]

Even more conclusion that Nero is NOT the brother of Vergil and Dante, but it would be a sad day in DMC history if we saw the devil trigger go away.

[I]"The exact role Dante plays in the story is still a mystery. At first he serves as the primary antagonist that Nero chases across Fortuna. But it seems unlikely that Dante would be positioned as the ultimate evil of the adventure, which means that he and Nero will probably team up after they clear up a few mis-understandings. No one at Capcom is confirming or denying that Dante will become a playable character at this point, but we think that the screenshots on these pages [B][A screen of Dante suspended in air firing Ebony and Ivory][/B] that prominetly feature Dante speak for themselves. Assuming that players will eventually control Dante in some capacity, its still isn't clear whether he will use a style system, if he'll have his devil trigger, or what other abilities from previous games he will retain."[/I]

And there is some info on the D masta. Hopefully those passages cleared some stuff up. It looks pretty sweet, and I'm hoping it lives up to the hype because we all know 2 didn't and then 3 had to come in a pick it up. So, with all the changes lets hope 4 isn't another 2.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 5 months later...
[b][i][u][URL=http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/774/774093p1.html]IGN Article[/URL] [/u][/i][/b]

[I]March 19, 2007 - Nothing seems to go Sony's way these days. One of the PlayStation 3's bigger exclusives, Devil May Cry 4, is also coming to Xbox 360 and PC. To pour salt into Sony's wounds, Capcom announced that the 360 version would release simultaneously with the PS3 edition.

"Capcom is committed to making its titles available to as wide an audience as possible, and has been building its technology base to meet that goal," said Mark Beaumont, executive vice president, officer and head of Capcom consumer software publishing in the Americas and Europe. "This announcement means that PS3, Xbox 360 and PC owners worldwide will be able to experience the latest installment of one of Capcom's pillar franchises."

Having sold more than seven million units on PlayStation 2, the DMC series is ready to tackle the next-generation of consoles. DMC4 introduces a brand new protagonist, Nero, who uses the mysterious "Devil Bringer" arm to unleash "non-stop combos."

It's unknown if Capcom will offer unique content for each platform. However, in a press release issues today, Capcom stated that "each version of the game will be maximized to take advantage of the systems' strengths."

No release date has been set for Devil May Cry 4, though the console version are expected to arrive sometime this year.[/I]

[COLOR=Gray]I'm becoming more and more less surprised to see these top selling sony exclusives going over to microsoft, but for it to be on the pc... That's kind of shocking, but I am happier now that I don't have to cough up $600 for the console plus the game. Now I just have to cough up $400 unless Xbox get a price cut.... /wishful thinking :)
[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Phenom]
[COLOR=Gray]I'm becoming more and more less surprised to see these top selling sony exclusives going over to microsoft, but for it to be on the pc... That's kind of shocking, but I am happier now that I don't have to cough up $600 for the console plus the game. Now I just have to cough up $400 unless Xbox get a price cut.... /wishful thinking :)
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Am I the only one really pissed about this? This and MGS4 were going to be the PS3s top games. This is ridiculous first Virtua Fighter 5 now this? One of my favorite series getting brought over to the 360. Thanks Capcom for becoming **** sucking whores. I was hoping it was a really bad joke. This game was the reason I bought a PS3. Screw you Capcom :animedepr

[quote name='Kenshin DX']Am I the only one really pissed about this? This and MGS4 were going to be the PS3s top games. THis is ridiculous first Virtua Fighter 5 not this? One of my favorite systems getting brought over to the 360. THnaks Capcom for becoming **** sucking whores. i was hoping it was a really bad joke. This game was the reason I bought a PS3. Screw you Capcom :animedepr[/quote]

The game hasn't been ripped out of your hands. You're still going to be able to play it. What difference does it make if someone with a 360 is going to be able to play it, too?

Your reaction strikes me as pretty bizarre; the only people hurt by this are the people at Sony!

[QUOTE=Red]The game hasn't been ripped out of your hands. You're still going to be able to play it. What difference does it make if someone with a 360 is going to be able to play it, too?

Your reaction strikes me as pretty bizarre; the only people hurt by this are the people at Sony![/QUOTE]

Nah im just mad at Sony at the moment. I bought a $600 system for it's exclusives but that was a mistake seeing how 360 now has most of PS3s best sellers. 360 has a lot more exclusives than PS3 such as Dead Rising , Lost Planet , and Gears of War. Sony is doing a horrible job at the moment in terms of games. AT least can never get MGS4 and Final Fantasy they even lost Dragon Warrior. It's quite sad. It's good news for 360 owners but horrible for Sony. It seems everyone is fing Sony over. The only system that has all it's great exclusives are Nintendo. I mean this game was the reason I bought a PS3 now I find out it'll be on 360 a console I already owned way before PS3. You would be pissed to. Damn MGS4 better be the best game ever created.

[quote name='Kenshin DX']Nah im just mad at Sony at the moment. I bought a $600 system for it's exclusives but that was a mistake seeing how 360 now has most of PS3s best sellers. 360 has a lot more exclusives than PS3 such as Dead Rising , Lost Planet , and Gears of War. Sony is doing a horrible job at the moment in terms of games. AT least can never get MGS4 and Final Fantasy they even lost Dragon Warrior. It's quite sad. It's good news for 360 owners but horrible for Sony. It seems everyone is fing Sony over. The only system that has all it's great exclusives are Nintendo. I mean this game was the reason I bought a PS3 now I find out it'll be on 360 a console I already owned way before PS3. You would be pissed to. Damn MGS4 better be the best game ever created.[/quote]
[color=slategray]It's pretty much Sony's own fault. It's already messed up that they have that $600 price tag (That's a utility bill). Some people (like myself) can't even afford that at the moment. And to top it all off, they have this stuck up attitude saying, "if you don't get the $600 console, you're pretty much screwed." Capcom understands, and capitalized on that situation as well seeing that they want their games to be played by everyone that can't afford or don't want a ps3.[/color]

[color=dimgray]And to get back on track with the topic itself, IGN has 2 trailers. The first trailer is the same trailer that was at the TGS (I think), but in a higher quality, and the second trailer is with actual gameplay footage.[/color]

[quote name='Phenom']And to get back on track with the topic itself, IGN has 2 trailers. The first trailer is the same trailer that was at the TGS (I think), but in a higher quality, and the second trailer is with actual gameplay footage.[/quote]

There has been a gameplay footage traile for [I]awhile[/I] now That's about as old as me posting characters in the Brawl thread lol. And the TGS trailer is nothing
special. When you find something impressive PM me. ;)

[color=red]I just deleted and edit all the posts that weren't containing information to Devil May Cry. From this point onward, anymore off-topic content will be deleted.

Kenshin DX, I was not nor ever trying to impress you. I post what I did to share with those who haven't seen the trailers yet. Keep your sarcasm to yourself. ~Phenom~[/color]