OtakuBoards

Cubicles [M-VL, possible S]

Engel

[color=darkslategray][size=1]Just an average day, at an average paperpusher job, in your average suit. Doing your average activities, in your average, mild-mannor way. What if someone came and messed that up? Told you that you had a chance to do something great? Great for the world? I know you're just brushing me off right about now. But listen, 'kay? I need you...average joes....to listen. Listen good. I got something to say.

[i]"Hey, Rick, where'd you put those papers?"

"Over by the photocopier...!"

"Where the hel-nevermind. Thanks, man."

"No problem." Rick turned back to his desk, twirling the #2 pencil around between his fingers as the tip scratched the desk. The mark grew a little deeper in shade and a little longer in length when it struck. Pencil led was almost gone. That thought processed dimly through his mind as Rick stared at the slightly glowing screen. Microsoft Excel stared him back, full of charts and pie graphs. Mmm, pie. Pie sounded good right now. When was the lunch break....what the hell?

The screen fizzed off. Then the lights. Screams echoed like a schoolgirl's. Must of been one of the men working in the photocopier room, crying and screaming at the loss of his "hard work", as most of them around the office liked to say. Another few screams roared out. More photocopy screwups? No...these were of pure, undiluted terror. Someone screamed something about "computer virus...!" before it was drown out by the anguished cries from the same voice. Computer virus? Rick had never seen anyone become so emotional over a virus. Jesus.

Then...his screen flickered back on, humming softly. A dim grey color. Rick almost chuckled to himself, until the screen became black again, then seemed to stretch. It must of been his overworked eyes, right? The screen elongated and then stretched. It was...animorphic?! What in god's good name...? The pool of bubling black whatever the hell it was formed a hand, grasping at Rick's wrist. He flinched and drew his hand away. However, the touch hadn't been harmful. It was rather, more like, a curious grip. Inquisitive. It scared the **** out of Rick.

Quickly, Rick stood up, knocking over his chair and jumped back. He stumbled and scrambled as the animorphic shape pulled itself out of the computer screen. Like the computer had been a prison, the black, cardboard cut out of a shadow stretched and seemed to grin. For the first time, Rick was actually scared in his life. What a virus, eh?

No one ever saw Rick, or the 24 other people that worked in that office again. [/i]

Now I bet that yer lookin' at me, like, [b]"What the ****, mate? Is this guy on drugs?"[/b] I don't blame ya. I didn't accept it until I actually witnessed it. Those shadow men...we created them somehow. And they escaped, infesting anything they could store themselves in. Like computers. I was taken into the inside of their world. I was an average man. Or so I thought, really. I guess I had something inside me all along. Because I was changed in that world, and when I managed to escape, the change stayed with me. I've done things that defy the laws of physics.

Interested?

~~~
Inspiration has struck me. Rawr. I know, my intros always suck, but bear with me. I can make it good...I hope. :P Onto the sign up sheet. IM or PM me if you have any questions. E-mails are fine too.
~~~

[b]Name:[/b] Something casual

[b]Age:[/b] 18+

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b] (This can get messy...you'll have two apperances you change from, after going inside "Their World". Your "Average Joe/Jane" and your now-normal form. Your Average Jane/Joe form is going to be a suit and tie person, while your new appearance is more battle geared.

Picture or good description.)

[b]Weapon:[/b] Another thing. Only weapons forged from "Their World", where everything weapon-related is made from Brimstone, can hurt them. Will delve into that as the story progresses. Make your weapon unique to you.

[b]Personality:[/b] How does your character act in an everyday situation? How can s/he act in a dangerous situation? Etc. Minimum of 1 paragraph, please.

[b]Afterthoughts:[/b] Tell how you've been in contact with their world and what you had been doing that day. You may also choose to do a writing sample of anything. Minimum of 4 paragraphs, please.
~~~
*Scurries off before the flames come marching in.* Will get an underground thread up sometime soon.[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=darkslategray][b][color=black]OOC: [/color][/b][color=black]Don't really get it, but sounds interesting.
I know I left a lot blank but I'll edit it later.[/color][b]

[color=Navy]Name:[/color][/b][color=Navy] Naomi Valentine

[b]Age:[/b] 24

[b]Gender:[/b] Female

[b]Appearance:[/b]
[i]
Normal -

"The World" -
[/i]
[b]Weapon:[/b] Another thing. Only weapons forged from "Their World", where everything weapon-related is made from Brimstone, can hurt them. Will delve into that as the story progresses. Make your weapon unique to you.

[b]Personality:[/b] How does your character act in an everyday situation? How can s/he act in a dangerous situation? Etc. Minimum of 1 paragraph, please.

[b]Afterthoughts:[/b] Tell how you've been in contact with their world and what you had been doing that day. You may also choose to do a writing sample of anything. Minimum of 4 paragraphs, please.[/color] [/color][/size]