OtakuBoards

What is your Religion?

AnimeFront

[QUOTE=Lafleur][COLOR=DarkRed]

I was calling the whole 'life gets better, comforting whatsit' comment rubbish. I've heard the line a thousand times and its never happened.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Well I kinda screwed up when I sed that. What I mean is that I belive that as someone goes closer to God and away from satan, satan tries everything he can do to pull you back. Making your life a bit harder. Im not trying to make you come back. That will be your own doing.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was calling the whole 'life gets better, comforting whatsit' comment rubbish. I've heard the line a thousand times and its never happened.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Ah, okay. Forgive me then, I'm sorry ^^[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Shinji]
On the subject of religion beign somewhat cracked, I see where you are coming from, I found religion didn't really suit my views either, however, many churches of the protestan swing have more of a faith thing going rather than a religious order. Maybe you oughta try 'em out before dismissing Christianity all together. There are many facets of our beliefs.
[/QUOTE][COLOR=DarkRed]

The Protestant Chruch has always seemed so... diluted. Basically it was founded by people who disagreed with the Catholic church... basically saying 'What? No masterbation? Screw that! I'm gona go make my own church! With condoms! And divorce!'. A lot of Christian sects seem to be like that, a bunch of people who disagree with somthing or other and go and found their own church based on their own rules. Christianity is so diluted, who knows which sect is the supposed 'true' one? [/COLOR]

[quote name='Lafleur][COLOR=DarkRed']The Protestant Chruch has always seemed so... diluted. Basically it was founded by people who disagreed with the Catholic church... basically saying 'What? No masterbation? Screw that! I'm gona go make my own church! With condoms! And divorce!'. A lot of Christian sects seem to be like that, a bunch of people who disagree with somthing or other and go and found their own church based on their own rules. Christianity is so diluted, who knows which sect is the supposed 'true' one? [/COLOR][/quote]
[size=1]Why does it matter if it's 'diluted?' It's all about people getting together to praise God. Everything else is just details. Really, I wish people would stop their bickering and praise whatever Diety they place their faith in. The fact that there are disagreements over things are all well and good, but they shouldn't lessen someone's faith in a religion.

But I do support reasons that some people split from the Catholic Church, especially 500 years ago.[/size]

Ah yes, the 'Everyone is wrong but me' creed. Just for your personal information, The Bible, all devine intervention aside, was written by man and therefore is a creation of man.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
lol! My personal information ^^? Dude, what you just said didn't really make sense ^^;. Yes, man actually did the act of writing the Bible, but God had them do that.

And I didn't mean it that way, I never said "Everyone is wrong but me". It doesn't really matter what I think, what God says goes. If you go againts the Bible (which is his word) then you can't really be right can you? God doesn't lie.

But I guess your not really change your mind if you choose not to. It's your own free will right? "No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him."- John 6:44. If your not drawn to the truth, then your just not *shrugs*.

[QUOTE=QuikSilver04]lol! My personal information ^^? Dude, what you just said didn't really make sense ^^;. Yes, man actually did the act of writing the Bible, but God had them do that.

And I didn't mean it that way, I never said "Everyone is wrong but me". It doesn't really matter what I think, what God says goes. If you go againts the Bible (which is his word) then you can't really be right can you? God doesn't lie.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
So than you burn witches and stone gays? Because if you don't you go againts the bible. Because if its God's will that so much intolerent ******** happens, and not the creation of man, than I'm happy somthing so dispicable doesn't rule me. If you want to challange me to give you examples of outright intolerence in the Bible, just ask.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]To be more precise, (don't be offended) a true christian. I am a Jehovah's Witness. And I say true christians because we don't make anything up or follow ideas that mankind has created (like holidays for example). It actually surprises me how much people don't know...it's understanable I guess since there's SO many false religions out there giving out false information.Which cause people to doubt God and turn away from religion completly.[/QUOTE][COLOR=DarkRed]

Calling yourselves the only 'true Christians' and the rest 'false religions', with an overall tone of 'wow im surprised how many wrong people there are'. It sounds very 'everyone is wrong but me.[/COLOR]

So than you burn witches and stone gays? Because if you don't you go againts the bible. Because if its God's will that so much intolerent ******** happens, and not the creation of man, than I'm happy somthing so dispicable doesn't rule me. If you want to challange me to give you examples of outright intolerence in the Bible, just ask.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]

Calling yourselves the only 'true Christians' and the rest 'false religions', with an overall tone of 'wow im surprised how many wrong people there are'. It sounds very 'everyone is wrong but me.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I'm not going to argue with you. I know what's true and I'm going to stick with it. Hmm, I don't recall God's people stoning anyone. [i]They[/i] were the ones getting stoned. Oh, and I don't believe in witches ^^. Nor is stoning acceptable to God. Or to people in general, duh! He doesn't like violence, just in case ya didn't know ;).

Belive what you want ^^! It's your life, not mine.

[quote name='QuikSilver04'] He doesn't like violence, just in case ya didn't know ;). [/quote]

[color=crimson]Er, technically, he condoned [I don't know about "liked"] violence on several occasions to secure the Israelites and other people whom were necessary to his 'plans'. So it's more violence that we choose to do via free will that is 'bad'.. or something.[/color]

[quote name='Lafluer']So than you burn witches and stone gays?[/quote]

[color=crimson]I'm like eighty percent sure this is redundant as, in the hands of any extreme person, the original message of a religion/opinion/etc. can be skewed into something it isn't. Humanity has, does and will warp things to serve their own purposes [religion is just one way for them to do so].

The Bible's [attempted] theme IS focused heavily on attempting to be as tolerant as possible to everyone [even your 'enemies']. Does it effectively pull it off? I don't know. Obviously there are some rather erratic moments that stray off of this message but it does make a very strong point of [i]not[/i] being intolerant.

Judgment, at least I was taught, is not something for humans to pass due to our blinded or biased view of things. That is ultimately up to something/someone/whatever that is in a position to not be blinded as humanity seems to be.

Anyway you need to simmer down with your [strike]irritating, loud[/strike] tenor. It's not really getting you anywhere and it's taking up [i]alot[/i] of space on my screen at the moment. :p [/color]

[quote name='QuikSilver04']I am a Jehovah's Witness.[/quote]

[color=crimson]Hey, neat. I was a JW until I was about 14/15 years of age. Small world.[/color]

[QUOTE=DeathKnight]

[color=crimson]I'm like eighty percent sure this is redundant as, in the hands of any extreme person, the original message of a religion/opinion/etc. can be skewed into something it isn't. Humanity has, does and will warp things to serve their own purposes [religion is just one way for them to do so].

The Bible's [attempted] theme IS focused heavily on attempting to be as tolerant as possible to everyone [even your 'enemies']. Does it effectively pull it off? I don't know. Obviously there are some rather erratic moments that stray off of this message but it does make a very strong point of [i]not[/i] being intolerant.

Judgment, at least I was taught, is not something for humans to pass due to our blinded or biased view of things. That is ultimately up to something/someone/whatever that is in a position to not be blinded as humanity seems to be.

Anyway you need to simmer down with your [strike]irritating, loud[/strike] tenor. It's not really getting you anywhere and it's taking up [i]alot[/i] of space on my screen at the moment. :p [/color]

[/QUOTE][COLOR=DarkRed]

Quicksilver said the Bible was perfect and created by God and God cannot be intolerent or hateful, basically. Just proving that wrong.[/COLOR]

So than you burn witches and stone gays? Because if you don't you go againts the bible. Because if its God's will that so much intolerent ******** happens, and not the creation of man, than I'm happy somthing so dispicable doesn't rule me. If you want to challange me to give you examples of outright intolerence in the Bible, just ask.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

People seem to always take parts of the Bible out of context either to back up doing bad things or to make it look like all religious people do bad things. If you look at things in context, along with trying to find ways for the meaning of things (not the literal word itself) to fit into the context of modern day life (it also helps to study Hebrew, the language most of the Bible was originally written in and is often hard to translate given how words often have different roots and meanings that are only made more complicated given the obvious differences between the Bibical and modern-day contexts), you'd find that the Bible actually preaches tollerance and that most of the small pieces of text that can be interpreted as racist or homophobic were written simply to clarify ritual and cultural sepparation from other Pagan religions 3000-2000 years ago and don't mean anything in current day religious context.

Anyway, I'm Jewish. I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be that many other Jewish members of OB. Well, I guess it just means I can sit back and enjoy the show of the constant Christianity vs. Islam vs. Athiesm/Agnostism arguements that always somehow occur in threads like these.

Quicksilver said the Bible was perfect and created by God and God cannot be intolerent or hateful, basically. Just proving that wrong.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I never said that :animeswea . Of course God hates. He hates what is bad.

DeathKight> Oh, so you were a Witness? Yup yup small world! I just happen to be 15 right now.

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=2][FONT=Trebuchet MS]I don't know what religion I fall under, mainly cause I'm open to pretty much anything.I did, however, kind of abandon Christianity. I guess I got kinda tired of people saying "If you don't believe in God, then you're going to Hell." Then, when I was little, I went to a baby-sitter who was one of those people who give other Christians a bad name(Like the lady who was on Trading Spouses)and she practically(sp?) forced the Bible down my throat... I did go through a period of being an Atheist(and I would go around saying "thank God I'm an Atheist" 'cause I'm kool like that..)Now though, I just do kinda my own thing and adopt bits and pieces of other religoins.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Nice here Noodle, i was a kinda forced Christian as a kid as well...

For now, I keep faith solely to my proud omnipotent self and am planning to take over this puny reality with my 00ber band. :catgirl:

I wear an upturned cross amongst my amulets and stuff though. It was handed to my by a good friend and it scares these [i]Christians[/i] away greatly as well.
I used to wear a christian cross but I took it off some months ago again since I really didn't want to have it on me as a sign of that religion. :animesigh

I am not going to blatter through the whole topic, I moved away from my folks and have a dialup now T_T >>;; , someone defined [i]religion[/i] here? I thought of this, what is religion actually? Something you believe in? I believe in my music, some of my frineds, a lot of other things. o.o *puzzled look*