OtakuBoards

Which anime char do you think would make a great leader of a country?

panzerzanaku

[b]Onishi[/b] from Texhnolyze comes to mind. He's already a prominent figure within the Organo, and he even manages to win [spoiler]Ichise's[/spoiler] loyalty (which is kind of remarkable, all things considered).

This is a weird parallel to draw, but he makes me think back to the Mirage of Blaze OVA, in which Naoe tells Takaya about the qualities that make a great leader. Onishi fits Naoe's description almost perfectly. That's not to say he's my favorite Texhnolyze character or anything, but I'd feel pretty secure living in a country controlled by him.

And to continue the mafia theme, how about [b]Big Daddy[/b] from Gungrave?

~Dagger~

It depends on your meaning of great. If you mean great as in powerful, a leader whose might and influence are great, you need look no farther than Inuyasha for two good examples.
The first would be Inuyasha's father (whose name I can't remember at the moment). Its pretty explanitory. He already was a leader, a great one, feared and respected even after his death. He fought off many demons like Minomeru, the Panther tribe, and Ryokotsui, and knew how to keep underlings in check without killing them. He would be a great leader.
Another, though one I would not want to be lead by, is Naraku. Think about it. His influence is always pervasive, what with his golems, miasmas, sheilds, and incarnations, plus he's capable of munipulating even wise people into doing his dirty work for him, anticipating peoples moves and setting traps for them. No ordinary person could touch him. He doesn't even need an army, he could simply use all of his rejected demon parts to form one.

Guest Warmaster
Tessa Testarossa from Full Metal Panic! seems to be *made* for the role. There's not really supposed to be anyone better out there, in a way.