OtakuBoards

FFX System?

NeoCactuar

What do you mean FFX-PS2??
So what?
I'm not sure myself what system FFX will use. I haven't even read reviews for it. I won't either, no need to spoil a great game.

gohan misunderstood.

All i know is that yuna does the summons and water spells and this other sorcerer person does the magic but i dont know exctly how they gain them, there is something about a "spirtboard" that i know of... It takes place of experince and allows for customization. <- remind u of materia?

Hmmm FFX's system resembles FF9's the most, where each party member has their own specific skill. I know tidus has party-enhancing techniques, yuna has summons, lulu does the black magic thing, etc. It also takes a piece from 6 in that anyone can learn magic if they wanted to, which comes from that weirdo spirit globe thing. The way I understand it is that u spend AP or whatever u get after battles on a globe, and, like FF Tactics, u can buy different skills or status-boosters that way, seems...ok...I also heard that like Braeth of Fire 4, u can switch ur party members on the fly. No more ATB either ::sniff::. Instead u get a grandia-like line where you can see who goes when....I dunno I just hope the limit breaks aren't insanely ez to do like 8, extremely rare like 6, or always coming up at the wrong time like 9 ><.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SephirothNIN [/i]
[B]Hmmm FFX's system resembles FF9's the most, where each party member has their own specific skill. I know tidus has party-enhancing techniques, yuna has summons, lulu does the black magic thing, etc. It also takes a piece from 6 in that anyone can learn magic if they wanted to, which comes from that weirdo spirit globe thing. The way I understand it is that u spend AP or whatever u get after battles on a globe, and, like FF Tactics, u can buy different skills or status-boosters that way, seems...ok...I also heard that like Braeth of Fire 4, u can switch ur party members on the fly. No more ATB either ::sniff::. Instead u get a grandia-like line where you can see who goes when....I dunno I just hope the limit breaks aren't insanely ez to do like 8, extremely rare like 6, or always coming up at the wrong time like 9 ><. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]Actually, FFX's battle system is more like Final Fantasy VII.

Characters don't have their own specific abilities as such, rather, each character is a blank slate when you start the game.

You use the attribute sphere to decide the general direction of development for each character.

The sphere means that you can make characters evolve in specific areas (such as summons, stealing, magic etc)[/color][/size]

that goes back to the "sprit board" that i was talking about. Those Spheres add to a stat or ability by so much. Like in ff7 you can put them in certain areas such as attack power or stealing. Also, in case some of you haven't heard this already, you can use summons and they come out as a real playable character for the battle.

[B]Hmmm FFX's system resembles FF9's the most, where each party member has their own specific skill. I know tidus has party-enhancing techniques, yuna has summons, lulu does the black magic thing, etc. It also takes a piece from 6 in that anyone can learn magic if they wanted to, which comes from that weirdo spirit globe thing. The way I understand it is that u spend AP or whatever u get after battles on a globe, and, like FF Tactics, u can buy different skills or status-boosters that way, seems...ok...I also heard that like Braeth of Fire 4, u can switch ur party members on the fly. No more ATB either ::sniff::. Instead u get a grandia-like line where you can see who goes when....I dunno I just hope the limit breaks aren't insanely ez to do like 8, extremely rare like 6, or always coming up at the wrong time like 9 ><. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hate to burst your bubble, but from what i understood their wasn't any type of limit breaks in FF6...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=orangered][size=1]Actually, FFX's battle system is more like Final Fantasy VII.

Characters don't have their own specific abilities as such, rather, each character is a blank slate when you start the game.

You use the attribute sphere to decide the general direction of development for each character.

The sphere means that you can make characters evolve in specific areas (such as summons, stealing, magic etc)[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Sweet! FFVII was my favorite system, and now i can have something similar :) It sounds awesome :)

FF6 didn't have "limit breaks" technically, but it had a desperation type move that is the same concept. If you had under 30-40HP (maybe it's a % I'm not sure), and you choose fight, there's a 1 in 10 (or so) chance that you'll pull off your character's desperation attack. Celes did a chainsaw-like move with her sword, Mog has a move that looks like pummel, ah....cyan's is one of my favs, screen turns black and you see a large circular slice. It's pretty insanely hard to get down to the right amount of life, and even then there's a small chance you'll execute it, but they're freakishly strong. I remember I had black belt (counter-attacks randomly) on sabin early in the game (whenever u get the black belt) and he was hit down to critical condition, he countered w/ his desperation move (Tiger...fang maybe, looks like a drop kick) and it did over 2000 damage.

[B]FF6 didn't have "limit breaks" technically, but it had a desperation type move that is the same concept. If you had under 30-40HP (maybe it's a % I'm not sure), and you choose fight, there's a 1 in 10 (or so) chance that you'll pull off your character's desperation attack. Celes did a chainsaw-like move with her sword, Mog has a move that looks like pummel, ah....cyan's is one of my favs, screen turns black and you see a large circular slice. It's pretty insanely hard to get down to the right amount of life, and even then there's a small chance you'll execute it, but they're freakishly strong. I remember I had black belt (counter-attacks randomly) on sabin early in the game (whenever u get the black belt) and he was hit down to critical condition, he countered w/ his desperation move (Tiger...fang maybe, looks like a drop kick) and it did over 2000 damage. [/B][/QUOTE]

Kind of like FFVIII system. You have to try a few times till u get the move.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud Strife00 [/i]
[B]that goes back to the "sprit board" that i was talking about. Those Spheres add to a stat or ability by so much. Like in ff7 you can put them in certain areas such as attack power or stealing. Also, in case some of you haven't heard this already, you can use summons and they come out as a real playable character for the battle. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]Yep. Your summon has its own life and its own moves/capabilities. You can use your summon strategically in battle.

Also, a lot of people complained that in FFVII and VIII there was the lack of a true "job system". A system which was more prevalent in FFIX.

However, the beauty of FFX is that you can create your own job system to some extent. You can mould each character specifically...so overall, the game is much more customizable. This means that everyone who plays the game can have a slightly different outcome in the development of their fighers.

It's a really interesting concept. I can't wait to try it out.[/color][/size]

Er...FF6's desperation moves were a billion times harder than FF8's limit breaks. That was one of the reasons it made FF8 soooo ez. All you need to do is kill someone and use a life spell, or just attack them down to critical. Later on when you get aura, Ha! even easier >=\. FF6's was insanely impossible. Just to be at 20 or so HP and not die was hard enough, then you had to pick "attack", it didn't have a handy arrow to pick limit breaks, and even then it's a 1 in 20 shot, not easy by any means. As for the sphere system....yeah I like the idea, but I will miss the ATB, the whatever system that's grandia-ish doesn't look as......um...good I don't know. I did hear that weapons and armor/accessories aren't a big part tho, argh that sux ><. It was so cool sifting through a crapload of accessories in FF6, FFt, and to a lesser extent, FF7. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zidane [/i]
[B]I know quite a bit about Final Fantasy X now. But I know that if Yuna casts a summon, then all the characters run away, and then the summon takes their place with it's own HP and attacks, etc/
Isuspect that you all know that already. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, from what i have read it only replaces the character that summond it. But i will have to check that info, get back to ya on it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by coolkam007 [/i]
[B]i'v seen vid clips of the summoning.. ^^ (.. O_O shiva is like.. nakie.. or not wearing enough clothes.. ) .. i believe that Zidane is correct.. [/B][/QUOTE]

oh, ok. Me just look stupid then. But i DO know that they have their own attacks, spells, Hp & Mp just like a normal character.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]

oh, ok. Me just look stupid then. But i DO know that they have their own attacks, spells, Hp & Mp just like a normal character. [/B][/QUOTE]

Whoops, i was supposed to say that. I was using Flash's COmp and he left it signed in as him :p