OtakuBoards

Which Toonami Anime Cartoon Is Your Fave?

Coolskittles821

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode] Personally I would think Pokemon Advanced Battle is my first fave, anything else is cool. Except most robot stuff, it just don't make sense..

Poll now open, vote!

xxx chihiro.

Mostly I would think Hayao Miyazaki, is cool, I just die for his cartoons, I like to collect DVD's of his and maybe some collectibles.

Seriously Vote.

Guest chobitslover90
toonami sucks now that they got rid of ruroni kenshin and yu yu hakasho
i thought naruto would bring back toonami but the manga is 1 million times better
(sexy jutsu c'mon) the only good part of the cartoon network anime line up is cowboy bebob parinoia agent full metal alchemist inu yasha and case closed all others are pretty bad

Naruto is the best anime on Toonami right now. I think we can all agree on that.

I haven't gotten the chance to see IGPX since it's premiere (damn parents and their tendency to watch TV at 10 PM preventing me from taping it!), but it was OK. Zatch Bell is a fun show that is pretty underrated despite some Americanization, and although it isn't anime Teen Titans has its moments (it used to be really good, but I'm not enjoying this season as much as the previous ones). I dislike DBZ but it is pretty damn fun to see all of the dirty content air on non-AS CN. Bobobo gets rediculously stupid once the shock wears off, Duel Masters' current season is rather unfunny compared to the previous one, and the 4Kids' version of One Piece is the most blasphemous thing ever created.

That pretty much sums up my feelings on current Toonami.

[color=sienna][size=1]
(old man voice)

Youngsters these days... don't remember the good ol' days. Hold on, I have an old parchment...

Ahem...

Outlaw Star was possibly the best show Toonami aired as a whole. It actually finished a series that wasn't Dragon Ball related in two seasons! The art style was beautiful, the characters where awesome, the Caster Gun was the f'ing shizznit, and the premise was very original aswell.

Tenchi Muyo/Universe/In Tokyo... that kinda speaks for itself. If you missed out on the Tenchi Era, then you missed out on the Golden Age of Toonami.

Ruroini Kenshin is a good anime in any form. I own the first season DVDs, so I'm not really missing out on anything.

Mobile Suit Gundam: 008th MS Team was a classic aswell. But it should have been on [adult swim]. But still, it was great.

Currently, Naruto and IGPX have me tooning in, but other than that, I have no reason to watch old episodes of DBZ and Yu Gi Oh GX....

[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Mugen][color=sienna][size=1]
(old man voice)

Youngsters these days... don't remember the good ol' days. Hold on, I have an old parchment...

Ahem...

Outlaw Star was possibly the best show Toonami aired as a whole. It actually finished a series that wasn't Dragon Ball related in two seasons! The art style was beautiful, the characters where awesome, the Caster Gun was the f'ing shizznit, and the premise was very original aswell.

Tenchi Muyo/Universe/In Tokyo... that kinda speaks for itself. If you missed out on the Tenchi Era, then you missed out on the Golden Age of Toonami.

Ruroini Kenshin is a good anime in any form. I own the first season DVDs, so I'm not really missing out on anything.

Mobile Suit Gundam: 008th MS Team was a classic aswell. But it should have been on [adult swim]. But still, it was great.

Currently, Naruto and IGPX have me tooning in, but other than that, I have no reason to watch old episodes of DBZ and Yu Gi Oh GX....

[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
I agree with half of that. Outlaw Star, Tenchi, and Gundam are the ones I haven't seen. I had a craving for just fighting type animes back then so I was just watching DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Rurouni Kenshin.

Now.... Naruto has my attention for the moment, but it's not meeting my expectations and such. I'm a little disappointed in it. As far as IGPX goes... I've only seen the episode that came on this past Saturday. It does show potential. Alot of potential. I found myself wondering what's going to happen next. So I'll be tuning in this Saturday for it.

As far as favorite goes.... can I count old or does it have to be now? If I can mention old then it would be either Rurouni Kenshin or Yu Yu Hakusho. Now..... IGPX to me is more interesting than Naruto so I'll say that. I won't even speak on DBZ uncut.... (they sound far too dull after watching the other version....)

The only reason I watch Toonami anymore is to catch Naruto, and I'm rather happy with it so far, seeing how many scenes from the manga are almost perfectly executed in an animated style. IGPX looks interesting...I seem to remember Toonami playing it once before, a few years back. I missed it then, but I was interested.

However, my all time favorite has to be Gundam Wing or Gundam SEED. They both are good, very good, and GW was what got me watching Toonami in the first place.

How can I not like it?

[color=sienna][size=1]

The only reason I didn't include Yu Yu Hakusho in my listing is because I caught a good part of the series on [adult swim], and if I can't see Yusuke give the finger, the I really don't want to see him at all. They should have just played the whole series on [as] instead of transitioning the series right after the Saint Beast arc. I'm soon going to get the fifty subbed episodes of Naruto, so there will be another reason for me not to watch Toonami.

Basically, the only reason I even watch Toonami now a days, is to catch [adult swim] on saturdays, and to remember the good ole days. Ever since they stopped showing it on weekdays, and even before then the series segment was slowly decaying. *sigh*... The glory days are over...[/color][/size]

Guest kuroinuyoukai
:animecry: I guess my fav now is naruto. It was Rurouni Kenshin. :animecry:
Will they ever bring Kenshin back?

Back to the subject, I guess I like Naruto because right now Naruto is the underdog like me. I wish he would let that demon power out and kick some serious butt. Does Sakura ever fight in the whole serie or does she beat up on Naruto and swoon over Sasuke the whole time? :catgirl:

Kuro-Tan, I've only really read the manga( About 6 vols) and from what I can remember Sakura does just that, tease Naruto and swoon over Sasuke I may be mistaken [Spoiler] Rank testing was just coming up where I left off. [/Spoiler]

Who knows? Maybe she does get some action in.

[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

But Yu-Gi-Oh GX doesn't air on Toonami... ;)

And if you are getting subbed episodes, I think you should just wait for the boxed sets that are legally coming to DVD. 13 episodes, uncut, both English and Japanese audio tracks, and at a cheap $30 dollar price to boot. Starting in July, then coming out every 4-5 months after that.

[color=sienna][size=1]

The seventh volume of Naruto hit our shores about two months ago. And believe me, we're way behind. In Japan, their hitting around Vol. 30 I believe. Oh, and how sweet it is.

I know GX doesn't air on Toonami. It was just a figure of speech you could say. And you know its not but a matter of time before that becomes a reality. If Toonami wanted to regain my respect, it'd stop showing Hot Wheels movies and retarded programming. If they brought back Tenchi, Outlaw Star, and got some good shows, then I would watch it again. I would gladly rewatch any series they played save Dragon Ball Z and the dreadful era of the Powerpuff Girl *shudder*. Hell, I'd watch G Gundam again, if it came to that.

I hope that some day soon they wise up and get back to what they do best, instead of being a sponsor whore. I mean honestly... Hot Wheels movie... *sigh*.[/color][/size]

Hey, now. As High Priestess of the Powerpuff Girls, I take exception to that remark!

Or maybe you'd prefer this? :devil:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/ppgz.jpg[/IMG]

As for Toonami, I can't give much of an opinion either way. I keep meaning to watch IGPX, but that just hasn't happened yet. Well, I'll remember to sit down and see it someday.

~Dagger~

[color=sienna][size=1]

What did they do to the professor?! Dear god...

IGPX is a suprisingly good show, seeing as how it was supposed to be a Toonami original series, the show totally took me off guard. The animation, plot, and characters are all great. But then again, the whole production of the series was under studio I.G., the same people behind Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. and the 2nd Gig. So, great animation and character design was to be expected. Also, the 3-D animation used in S.A.C. is prevalent in IGPX. The races held are very well animated and blend naturally into the show's art style, without looking out of place *cough*Zoids*cough*. IGPX is a very promising show, so far.

[/color][/size]

[quote name='Mugen][color=sienna][size=1]I know GX doesn't air on Toonami. It was just a figure of speech you could say.[/color'][/size][/quote]

So does that mean that "Naruto wus BUTCHERED!!!11!1!", "American cartoons are teh s uck!!!111!", and "We need MORE EVA endingz!111one!!1" are all figures of speech as well? :catgirl:

And The Powerpuff Girls is probably one of the best shows to ever air on Toonami. If you EVER insult the work of Genndy Tartakovsky ever again (not counting 2 Stupid Dogs), you don't want to be on this forum... :mad:

-------

What did they do to the professor?! Dear god...[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

I think that's supposed to be Dexter. Or some new guy. Or something.

MUST SEE ANIME VERSIONS OF FUZZY LUMPKINS, THE AMOEBA BOYS, GANGREEN GANG, AND ESPECIALLY HIM!

[color=sienna][size=1]

I'm not saying the show was horrible, I'm just saying it didn't belong on Toonami. And believe me, I would never insult Mr. Tartakovsky. His work on [B]Samurai Jack[/B] made me fall deeply in love with him, and before that, we had the master peice that was [B]Dexter's Laboratory[/B].

Now for those who think that Naruto was butchered, you should stifle yourselves and see just how close it is to the original work. The only thing they have edited out is the curse words and thats about it. They kept all the original terminology and everything (that is for the American translation of the Manga). But I do have a bone to pick with Naruto's voice actor. As I have said before, he sounds like a little girl with larangitice (sp?). But other than that, I like all the voice talent for the show. That is until we get to the Chuunin exams. Lets see how they handle Rock Lee...

[B]BTW-[/B] You shouldn't double post.
[/color][/size]

Guest chobitslover90

The seventh volume of Naruto hit our shores about two months ago. And believe me, we're way behind. In Japan, their hitting around Vol. 30 I believe. Oh, and how sweet it is.

I know GX doesn't air on Toonami. It was just a figure of speech you could say. And you know its not but a matter of time before that becomes a reality. If Toonami wanted to regain my respect, it'd stop showing Hot Wheels movies and retarded programming. If they brought back Tenchi, Outlaw Star, and got some good shows, then I would watch it again. I would gladly rewatch any series they played save Dragon Ball Z and the dreadful era of the Powerpuff Girl *shudder*. Hell, I'd watch G Gundam again, if it came to that.

I hope that some day soon they wise up and get back to what they do best, instead of being a sponsor whore. I mean honestly... Hot Wheels movie... *sigh*.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
ok A toonami as a whole sucks completely and utterly B pwerpuff girls is 100000 times better than anything on toonami C the animated series of naruto is a smack in the face to any body that read the manga (it really really sucks) and D buy the anime channel and if u dont get that where you live then watch adult swim or anime unleashed but dear God stop watching toonami it is horrible maybe thyll bring back ruroni kenshin if you STOP WATCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------

[QUOTE=Dagger]Hey, now. As High Priestess of the Powerpuff Girls, I take exception to that remark!

Or maybe you'd prefer this? :devil:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/ppgz.jpg[/IMG]

As for Toonami, I can't give much of an opinion either way. I keep meaning to watch IGPX, but that just hasn't happened yet. Well, I'll remember to sit down and see it someday.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

dont waste your time dagger it sucks as bad as well um lemme think oh yea that hotwheels show (i was with my kiddie cousin he was eight i had to so we could watch r.o.d and you know how that went)