Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Quick Question


Recommended Posts

Guest That Guy
Posted
Is there a place here where advertising is alowed?
Because I just made an anime forum and I dunno
how to start collecting members...
Posted
[color=darkblue][size=1]The only place where advertising on OtakuBoards is allowed is in one's signature. You can have text or an image (which has to meet our 500x100 or below size standard) say whatever you want, but if you use a banner, make sure it follows our rules regarding language and such, since our censor can't catch it. Advertising threads in any forum are not allowed and may lead to a ban warning or a ban itself.

Hope that helps you. ^^[/size][/color]
Posted
[quote name='Lady Katana][color=darkblue][size=1]Advertising threads in any forum are not allowed and may lead to a ban warning or a ban itself.[/size'][/color][/quote]
[size=1]What dear Katana meant to say was that advertising [b]forums[/b] in any [b]thread[/b] is not allowed :p[/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1]What dear Katana meant to say was that advertising [b]forums[/b] in any [b]thread[/b'] is not allowed [/size][/quote] [font=Arial][size=2]
That's debatable. [img]http://otakuboards.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] A thread created solely to advertise would be an advertising thread, and I often refer to each individual section -- OB Anthology, Otaku Lounge, Adventure Square, etc -- as forums. So it could work both ways. :raises eyebrows and makes tripping out movements:

But, yeah, I find that sigs are a good place to put advertisements. And you could even include the url as your site in your profile page, although less people would see it, but it's still there. ^-^
[/size][/font]
Posted
Although I'm not totally convinced about the morality of coming to an anime-based forum to advertise your [I]own[/I] anime-based forum... :/

But on the other hand, it's not like OB couldn't afford "losing customers" to a competitor. ;P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...