Raquel Posted December 8, 2005 Posted December 8, 2005 Anyone ever heard of a game for the PS2 called REZ? I really don't get it's attraction. I watched someone play it for hours yesterday. It's a little wire figurine floating though wire construction space with colors and techno. I've come to the conclusion that it's a stoner game. What do you think? [url]http://archive.gamespy.com/reviews/january02/rezps2/[/url]
Satoru Posted December 8, 2005 Posted December 8, 2005 [QUOTE=Raquel]Anyone ever heard of a game for the PS2 called REZ? I really don't get it's attraction. I watched someone play it for hours yesterday. It's a little wire figurine floating though wire construction space with colors and techno. I've come to the conclusion that it's a stoner game. What do you think? [url]http://archive.gamespy.com/reviews/january02/rezps2/[/url][/QUOTE] Shoot shoot shoot, I remeber this game!!! I played it on the Dreamcast. You float through this wire-frame world and when you shoot targets a tune goes with the rythm of the level soundtrack, if you get me. This game is pretty good. I want to play it again.
Kenshin DX Posted December 9, 2005 Posted December 9, 2005 Thats a pretty rare game it sells for $80 bucks. Never played but its supposed to be good.
James Posted December 9, 2005 Posted December 9, 2005 [font=franklin gothic medium]Ahh!! REZ! I love this game. If you are a fan of the Panzer Dragoon series, you will probably enjoy it. You'll [i]especially[/i] enjoy it if you like something a little different. In terms of gameplay, it's very much like Panzer Dragoon...but it combines that type of gameplay with a music/rhythm game. When you fire at enemies, your shots actually add layers to the music. So your shots also represent different notes and different instruments. Also, the level progression is very unique. Each "level" includes layers. So the first area in the game might include four seperate layers. You can transport to the next layer at certain intervals, but it is always optional. Each layer builds on the last, too. So the first layer may include just coloured lines that pulsate, while the next may add some basic textures and new objects. The game generally follows a path of evolution - you start as a little cube and you develop into a complete human being. The very last level actually tracks evolution on Earth, as the first layer begins underwater and the final layer has you flying through a forest full of life. So, yes, if you can pick this up (either on Dreamcast or PS2), I highly recommend it.[/font]
Raquel Posted December 9, 2005 Author Posted December 9, 2005 Mm.. I see. I guess the person playing never got very far, 'cause it never really changed. It sounds slightly monotonous to me though. I think I could watch someone good at the game play all the way through, but not more than that.
James Posted December 9, 2005 Posted December 9, 2005 [font=franklin gothic medium]I think the key is to play it yourself, rather than watch it. Watching almost any game can be boring if you aren't at the controls. Rez is one of those games that I can imagine being boring to watch; it really has to be played. [/font]
r2vq Posted December 10, 2005 Posted December 10, 2005 I never played this game, but I read a er.. "review" on it. Actually, you could say that the review is more about the "Trance Vibrator" that came with it. It's not really pornographic, but the review is slightly adult oriented and has a picture of the reviewer's underwear so I wont post the link. If you want to read it, PM me or look it up on Google. ^^ -Arvie
dan37 Posted December 13, 2005 Posted December 13, 2005 Man now there's a game, played a demo on the dreamcast & was mad to buy it. Couldn't find it anywhere. Dreamcast was some console come to think of it..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now