Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
we all like our video games right? but how do you choose which games to buy...do you stay loyal to a certain series and buy every sequel they make? you use EGM or IGN as your reference? ask other people for recommends? post on other forums like 1up? you rent em before you buy em? wait for morgan webb and adam sessler to review em on xplay?



i hardly listen to any reviews, if i like a game i like it. regardless of how other people dislike it. i used to rent first but it got tiring and i got lazy so i just started to buy every game i think would quench my thirst for gaming even for a limited amount of time....
Posted
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Well, there is no specific way that I choose games, but I guess I do choose some that appeal to me.

I buy video games from any company, but I mostly buy my games from Square Enix because I love RPG's and they make the most awesome games.

I also buy video games only if they have RPG, fighting and an anime genre. These are the only kinds of games that I really like. I don't really buy anything else instead of these. Oh, and I don't know what you would label Drakengard, but I also like those kinds of games, too.

I do stay loyal only to FF because everytime they make a new FF game, I'm always the one who counts my money and quickly spends it. XD

And I also only buy games rated T, except for Drakengard and Genji. Those two aren't really gory, it's just I don't really favor that much gore, swear or adult themes. That's not the kind of game that I like, I only like games that have violence, but not too much, if you know what I mean. Oh, and the only rated E games that I have are Kingdom Hearts I and II. That game is so awesome that even if other little kids play them, I don't care because I heart it. XD

Other than that, I don't really pay attention to game reviews or forums. If I want to buy it, then I will. And if a gaming magazine says that a game that I have sucks, and I like it, then I really don't care. XD[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed]I usually buy, or rather, ask for a game after I've either rented it or read reviews about it. Except if it's a DDR game. I usually like fighting games, driving sims, and action RPGs. The only turn-based RPG that I like is Final Fantasy. [/COLOR]
Guest ranmafrk5
Posted
i just buy games.... dont care if they have $h!tty ***** graphics
Posted
[color=#4B0082]I usually read up on games on the net and (if they're covered) in Nintendo Power to see what they're like. A lot of the time I don't really pay much attention to review scores, I just look at the information on what the game is like and decide from that whether or not I'd enjoy it.

I mainly buy first party Nintendo games, so I guess you might say I'm loyal to Nintendo. What it mostly comes down to, though, is that I don't have the money to buy a new game every month even, so whatever I get, it had better be good. So I have to pick out my favorites, and a lot of those happen to be Nintendo titles.

The Zelda series is really the only thing I follow without fail. Yes, I was ready to fork out the dough for Navi Trackers, even if it had been released separately (or at all in the US). And yes, I was disappointed that it wasn't included in the US release of Four Swords Adventures. I admit, I'm a bit obsessed like that.[/color]
Posted
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']A lot of the time I don't really pay much attention to review scores, I just look at the information on what the game is like and decide from that whether or not I'd enjoy it.[/color][/quote]

I do that as well.

If the game sounds interesting, I'll find a way to check it out no matter what. There's not really that many games that I wouldn't try, actually... :rolleyes: [/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote]we all like our video games right? but how do you choose which games to buy...do you stay loyal to a certain series and buy every sequel they make? you uses EGM or IGN as your reference? ask other people for recommends? post on other forums like 1up? you rent em before you buy em? wait for morgan webb and adam sessler to review em on xplay? [/quote]

I sort of do all of those.

Series I know that'll be a hit, that I've actually liked. I'll go buy those right away. (MGS series)

If I'm not certain about a certain game, I'd go to IGN or Gamespot, or ask for recommendations at forums. If I'm still not sure I'd rent the game out and if I like it I'll pick it up.
Posted
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]I just kinda walk into EB, the one and only gaming store for me, and glance around. If something piques my interest I'll grab it and continue browsing around. This is supposing I only have enough for a $53.59 (Exact change) game. I'll continue to pick games out and then I take them up to the front because I know all the employees who work there and we even hang out when we all aren't working. I ask them about them and I usually get things narrowed down to about two games and then I flip a coin and pick the opposite of what side of the coin was show. HOWEVER, if there is a game I really want I go in, pick it up and buy it.

The way I choose my games is by genre in order of; FPS, Action, Adventure, and then finally the other titles that get less of my attention.

Heck, I think the last three games I bought were Half Life 2, Far Cry Instincts, and Doom 3 Ressurection of Evil....all First Person Shooters.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
i watch x-play reviews, but i'm not shallow-minded. i'll usually buy a game if it appeals to me or if it's part of a series, like final fantasy or resident evil.
Posted
[QUOTE=nomad19]we all like our video games right? but how do you choose which games to buy...do you stay loyal to a certain series and buy every sequel they make? you use EGM or IGN as your reference? ask other people for recommends? post on other forums like 1up? you rent em before you buy em? wait for morgan webb and adam sessler to review em on xplay?



i hardly listen to any reviews, if i like a game i like it. regardless of how other people dislike it. i used to rent first but it got tiring and i got lazy so i just started to buy every game i think would quench my thirst for gaming even for a limited amount of time....[/QUOTE]It all depends on how you view the game, I suppose. I don't listen to reviews either, because that's someone else's opinion, not yours. And they could give a game a 5 while you give it a 9.5. If there's a game that looks pretty cool, then I'll rent it first to see if I like it before I buy it. But if it's a new game in a series I love (Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Kingdom Hearts, etc) then I won't bother to rent it first. ^^
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...