Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I've had some trouble lately coming up with a name for my band. It's hard for the 5 of us playing in it to decide on a single name. It's centered around a fusion of shock rock and nu metal. Like Murderdolls and Slipknot...in one.
So my friend Ky came up with the name 3rd Z, which we put down. His reasoning around the name was that he wanted to make somewhat of a tribute band to Rob Zombie. 3rd Z was supposed to mean Third Zombie where the second was Rob Zombie and first was White Zombie.
Than my friend Colin, who isn't in the band but shares our ideas came up with Reaper Core. While I like the Reaper part I detest the Core.

My friend Derek has come up with so many names it's funny including Pink Bunny Homicide, Ebony Sky, Everblack, Kore, Death to the Strawberry, etc.

So yeah. Nu metal shock rock. Themes of comical horror.

Any ideas?
Posted
[size=1]Note that I thought of these in the span of like, two minutes. Also note that I am unsure if there are other bands out there with these names.

Electrostasis
Dead Hand [there being five of you, and all]
Smash 'n' Grab
Blood Carnivale
Black Output[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE=DeadSeraphim][color=indigo][size=1][font=arial]zOmbëe.

Nu-metal stereotype through and through. :p[/font][/size][/color][/QUOTE]

:laugh: That actually made me laugh out loud.

But in all seriousness, I wouldn't use Ebony Sky or Everblack because they sound too Metal. I'm not saying this is bad, I'm just saying that Ebony Sky and Everblack seem a little too mystical/whimsical to be Shock Rock. Plus there's already a Prog Metal band by the name of Evergrey.

I actually really like the name Dead Hand (or Deadhand), as suggested by Baron Semedi. I'd go with that. If all else fails, here's some ideas from me:

Zombie Engine
13 Stitches
Bloodbucket (or The Bloodbuckets)
Graveyard Shift

Of those, I like Zombie Engine the best.
Posted
Let me just say Pink Bunny Suicide is the funniest thing I've seen in a while for band names its great, I'd like to listen to the music to see if it fits. I mean my band its called Neutral Sentiment and its because of our music. Just choose a name that deals with your music. :catgirl:
Posted
Ooh, ooh. I have ideas!

Midnight Facial
Low of the Endangered
Buddha Zombies
Infernal Zombies
Zombies Muff and Feline Lincoln
Cynic Fusion
Nocturnal of the Glimmering
Vampires Intern of the Dirty Weed
Porcelain of the Highly

Lots of random ideas. What does everyone think?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...