OtakuBoards

Any football fans out there??

Sayuri-sama

[quote name='Sayuri-sama']well actually thats the beauty of the game. discussing tactics and planning it out. what i do infact like about rugby is the fact that its so violent. but i've never actually seen a game . yesh i live in the dtates. not to much of a big deal. i do wish to live in italy. but nonetheless i grew up with american football and as a steeler fan! so thats how it goes!:animesmil[/quote][FONT=Times New Roman]
[COLOR=Sienna]
If people liked to watch stratagy than Chess would be a far more televeised event than it is. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Ziggy Stardust][FONT=Times New Roman]
[COLOR=Sienna]
If people liked to watch stratagy than Chess would be a far more televeised event than it is. [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Let's not be pretentious here. If you know anything about football you know that a great deal of preparation and strategy are involved. If you ever come into contact with fans, even casual ones, then you're likely to hear them discussing the strategy their teams employed. However, you also must realize the obvious: football is much more theatrical and spectator-friendly than Chess. Don't get me wrong, Chess can be intense, and mentally grueling. But that doesn't necessarily come across well to a bunch of tired men and women who are relaxing after a week's worth of hard work with alcoholic beverages in hand. Although football is more easily stimulating than Chess and some people do watch it just for the superficial violence and close-ups of cheerleaders, it's not wise to completely generalize. Remember, people are more likely to gain a deep comprehension of what they immediately like than they would when approaching other subjects.

[SIZE=1]Yeah, as far as rugby goes, I'm American and I choose American sports over anything else. Plus, it's far more violent than football so you can keep it to yourself. [/SIZE] [QUOTE=Ziggy Stardust][FONT=Times New Roman]
[COLOR=Sienna]
If people liked to watch stratagy than Chess would be a far more televeised event than it is. [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1]Chess is thinking ahead strategy. Football is thinking at the moment strategy. There is a difference. You can't plan ahead unless you have someone with binoculars checking out the other team's playbook for you.[/SIZE]

actually i like chess but i find football more exciting . i rather play ches than watch it. watching it is so boring and uneventful. its better when you can really get insided their heads and know what they are planning. in football sometimes the player and coaches get mic'd up and you hear their plans and ETC, for the game. nothing compares to football! sorry! maybe baseball.....ima big marlin and red soxx fan too!:animesmil yea i kno im a trip.!:catgirl:

[QUOTE=Gentle][SIZE=1]Yeah, as far as rugby goes, I'm American and I choose American sports over anything else. Plus, it's far more violent than football so you can keep it to yourself. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]Chess is thinking ahead strategy. Football is thinking at the moment strategy. There is a difference. You can't plan ahead unless you have someone with binoculars checking out the other team's playbook for you.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

That isn't true at all. A lot of preparation precedes every game in the NFL. You don't need the other team's playbook to watch video tapes of their games, examine their strengths and weaknesses and anticipate their style. During the actual game there is a lot of forward thinking involving field position, possession time of the ball, and the clock. There's a lot of strategy involved in preparing for and controlling a football game that you seem unaware of.

[quote name='Sayuri-sama']actually you do need to research your opponents strategy, stengths and weaknesses ao that you can preanticipate plays. so in a way it is a think at the moment and a think ahead game. its a little of both. GO STEELERS!:D[/quote]

All right.

a) You just said the same exact thing I said, only less eloquently.

b) The Steelers aren't playing because the season is over.

c) Did you watch the Pro Bowl, and if so, how was it? I only caught it for a moment and I believe the score was tied at 10 a piece.

yes actually i only watched like 15 minutes of the game but the NFC won. i was a good game though.i heard matt hasselbeck talking to a reporter and he said afeter seeing the steeler players with their families going out and all they didnt hate them so much. i wasa pretty good game.:animesmil