OtakuBoards

Any football fans out there??

Sayuri-sama

gah my all-time favorite time, the pittsburg steelers, are going to the super bowl next sunday i i feel so alone!!! except for my dad i dont know anyother football fans!!! especially steelers!!! all my friedns dont care about football and the really stupid ones say they go for the opposite team just to piss me off!! am i a lone football fan!!! is anyone out there??? WHAAA!!!! :animecry:

Well, I like football. I'm not a huge fan of it but I do watch a game every now and then. Sorry to say, but I'm a Redskins girl. It's the area where I live. You are either a Skin or a Cowboy. The game is bigger than the Super Bowl. But, I'm still rooting for Pittsburg anyway. ;)

Im a st. louis fan, so yea I get alot of "negitive feedback" were I live cause every one there likes the panthers..(uh), but since they lost they can finally be quiet.I hope the steelers win the super bowl, there like my 2nd favorite team. but I really hope Bettis dosent retire.

[quote name='Ziggy Stardust][font=Times New Roman][color=sienna]Ew... I love sports but I HATE football... I hate it, I cannot stand it. It's an absolutely atrocious sport. I actually prefer doing homework than watching a football game. [/color'][/font][/quote]Wow, it's a good thing you chose to reply to a thread geared towards football fans then.

Anyway, I love football. I'm an Eagles fan but because they had a rotten season the other Pennslyvania team will have to do for the Super Bowl. Either way it should be a fantastic game though. The Steelers are extremely physical and have an amazing defense while the Seahawks are more about finesse. It'll be interesting to see how the Steelers defense handles Alexander.

I watch pro football every once in a while. I'm a [i]very[/i] casual Raiders fan... basically that means that I don't dress up like a pirate, paint my face silver, or stab people. Personally, though, I like watching college football much more than the NFL; the games are much more exciting to me, and I can actually afford to go to some of them. :p

However, I've definitely been keeping up with the postseason. It pains me a bit to say this, but I am rooting for the Steelers in the Super Bowl. Gotta keep the championship in the AFC. :)

I'm not a sports fan. Period. I was, however, born and raised in Pennsylvania before I was transplanted to Florida, and I have a lot of relatives who live in Pittsburg. It's a lovely city, really. One I'd love to go back to. Because of familial ties, I'll be rooting for the Steelers.

Besides that, it's also the only team I can actually recognize... :animeswea

yayayyayaya!! im so happy there sre so many people out there rooting for pittsburg!!! i just keep getting al this trash talk in my high school about the steelers and all!! so happy to have fellow fanatics!! as for ziggy stardust, if you dont like football then dont reply to a string about it. yayay!!! and dude whos a st.louis fan i like them too they are cool! is all good! i tooo like the rams!!!!!
GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!:catgirl:

[QUOTE=Sayuri-sama]yayayyayaya!! im so happy there sre so many people out there rooting for pittsburg!!! i just keep getting al this trash talk in my high school about the steelers and all!! so happy to have fellow fanatics!! as for ziggy stardust, if you dont like football then dont reply to a string about it. yayay!!! and dude whos a st.louis fan i like them too they are cool! is all good! i tooo like the rams!!!!!
GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!:catgirl:[/QUOTE]

[center][IMG]http://www.ethlife.ethz.ch/images/pharma_ritalin-l.jpg[/IMG][/center]

Anyway, I think the thing to remember here is that rooting for a team is only part of the fun when it comes to the Super Bowl. Just watching the game with friends, ordering a plethora of junk food (go wings!), and drinking excessive amounts of alcohol are the main attractions. Laughing at the commercials is entertaining in its own right too. And yes, I just said all this so that I could post the Ritalin picture without spamming.

well actually i do agree with you. and although i usually act as if i was clinically insane:animestun and on the such and such drug you posted i am still a physcotic (sorry if its misspelled) football fanatic!!!:p and i really truly enjoy those hilarious superbowl commercials!! W00T!!! GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!! :animesmil

yay! im glad so many people have replied ! honestly i didnt expect such a turn out! only two days to superbowl and im totally physched!!!! (or however you spell it) personally i dont like the seahawks! STEELERS ALL THE WAY!!
if you look at all season the seahawks have had an easy schedule to p[lay. they played poor opponents that anyone could beat. also if you watch the reruns of the panthers-seahawks game you can see carolina practically gave them the game. they missed easy blocks and left hole in the defensice line. seattle isnt too tough an opponent. to tell you the truth they are kind of whimpy and soft.:p :beer: w00t! partay!!!

[QUOTE=Sayuri-sama]yay! im glad so many people have replied ! honestly i didnt expect such a turn out! only two days to superbowl and im totally physched!!!! (or however you spell it) personally i dont like the seahawks! STEELERS ALL THE WAY!!
if you look at all season the seahawks have had an easy schedule to p[lay. they played poor opponents that anyone could beat. also if you watch the reruns of the panthers-seahawks game you can see carolina practically gave them the game. they missed easy blocks and left hole in the defensice line. seattle isnt too tough an opponent. to tell you the truth they are kind of whimpy and soft.:p :beer: w00t! partay!!![/QUOTE]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.warnerbros.co.uk/television/freshprince/bios/philip/philip1.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER]

OMG!! i just saw the steelers v. seahwaks game and we kicked so much *****!!!!!!! go pittsburg!!!! thats our fifth championship!!!! i am so stoked!!! thank you all for your support!!!!!!!!!!now imma go crazy ordering merchandise straight from pittsburg!!!!! plus the bus anounced his retirement last night so im glad he got that final game and first championship!:animesmil :D :D :D :D :D
:animesmil :animesmil :animesmil :animesmil :animesmil :animesmil :animesmil :animesmil :animesmil :animesmil :animesmil :animesmil much joy!

I totally agree! I think it was a great way for The Bus to end his career! Why not go out on top?! :D ;) :p :cool: :cool: :D :cool: :D ;) :animeknow ;) :D :cool: :D :cool: :cool: :D :cool: :catgirl: :animeswea :animestun :animestun ;) :p :cool: :D ;) :D :animeangr :D :D :animesmil :animenose :animeswea :animeshy: :animeshy:

[quote name='Charles']I totally agree! I think it was a great way for The Bus to end his career! Why not go out on top?! :D ;) :p :cool: :cool: :D :cool: :D ;) :animeknow ;) :D :cool: :D :cool: :cool: :D :cool: :catgirl: :animeswea :animestun :animestun ;) :p :cool: :D ;) :D :animeangr :D :D :animesmil :animenose :animeswea :animeshy: :animeshy:[/quote]
[size=1]:stupid: You forgot the butchered grammar/spelling.

I was hoping the Seahawks would win. I wasn't really heavily pulling for either side, but I always cheer for the underdog, and where I'm from, the Steelers were the bandwagon team, and [I]everyone[/I] hates a bandwagon.

Ah, better luck next time, Seahawks.[/size]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Sienna]What's with the players posing (hugging, even) with the Trophy before the game even started? Man, I know if hockey players in the NHL did that they'd be crucified and black-makred from history... isn't there a 'Don't Touch it 'Till You Win it' unwritten rule in the NFL? It kinda made me sick...[/COLOR][/FONT]

[font=Verdana][size=2]first of all the posing with the trohphy was was something they have to do before the super bowls. this is just the first year they actually release the photos to public before the game is over. as for the steelers being a bandwagon team, i think you are just being a sorry loser. dont be a sore loser and just admit your team lost. [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]all this post game trash talking i keep getting is ridiculous!!! people saying the game was fixed? what the hell is their problem! the seahawks were the ones dropping passes and their quarter back got sacked 3 times!!! i also agree that it was a great way for the bus to end his career!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :catgirl: :catgirl: :catgirl: :catgirl: :animesmil :animesmil :animesmil :animesmil :animesmil :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :p :p :p :p ;) ;) ;) [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]GO STEELERS![/size][/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS]Okay, the exchanging of excessive strings of smileys was quite funny, but let's not kill the joke with overuse. Really, Sayuri-sama, there's no need to use the same smiley multiple times in a row, that's just silly.

Being British I am obliged to prefer Rugby to American Football. This is because Rugby is a real sport. The players don't feel the need to wear sixteen tons of armour in order to play, for a start. And I find American Football unnecessarily stop-starty. In Rugby, if the player with the ball goes to ground, someone else on the team picks it up and keeps going, whereas (if I understand it right) in American Football, if the ball-carrier's [b]knees [/b]touch the ground, play stops! In Rugby, the majority of play-time is spent - well, playing. Instead of stopping, huddling to discuss tactics, starting again, pushing back two feet and stopping. It's just boring, to be honest.
[/font]

I prefer european football, (soccar) and quite agree that americans are stupid to call it "football" when the feet are not mostly used. Though, i was born in the states, so i am,..unfortunately..an american. But when i get the chance, i will move to either England or Germany.

well actually thats the beauty of the game. discussing tactics and planning it out. what i do infact like about rugby is the fact that its so violent. but i've never actually seen a game . yesh i live in the dtates. not to much of a big deal. i do wish to live in italy. but nonetheless i grew up with american football and as a steeler fan! so thats how it goes!:animesmil

[quote name='Syrius']The Steelers won the Super Bowl.[/quote]

Come on, tell me the truth. You work for ESPN, don't you? Only an expert sports analyist could provide such articulate, insightful post-game analysis.

[quote name='Raiyuu']Being British I am obliged to prefer Rugby to American Football. This is because Rugby is a real sport.[/quote]

Being American, and therefore ethnocentric by nature, my arrogance immediately allows me to dismiss your opinion and laugh at your Rugby despite the fact that I have never seen a game in my life. Rugby, ha!

[quote]first of all the posing with the trohphy was was something they have to do before the super bowls. this is just the first year they actually release the photos to public before the game is over. as for the steelers being a bandwagon team, i think you are just being a sorry loser. dont be a sore loser and just admit your team lost.
all this post game trash talking i keep getting is ridiculous!!! people saying the game was fixed? what the hell is their problem! the seahawks were the ones dropping passes and their quarter back got sacked 3 times!!! i also agree that it was a great way for the bus to end his career![/quote]

You know, it's all right. This isn't a fifth-grade school yard and no one is complaining about anything. Having said that, it's natural for people to ride a team's success. You will always have "bandwagon" fans. Personally, I'm not a Steelers fan but I do acknowledge that they are traditionally one of the tougher football teams in the NFL, much like the Giants. On top of that, their players possess amazing athleticism (especially on the defensive side of the ball), and their quarterback is just disgustingly good considering his age and experience. If you take into consideration that the Steelers were a sixth seed team in the playoffs and the agreement among fans that this was the Colts' year, then you can realize that the Steelers became an underdog team that was easy to like. You also have the inspiring side-story with Bettis attached to them. So, it's even more natural for people to root for them.

Also, I know that this could potentially come as a shock to you, Sayuri-sama, but many football fans [i]aren't very mature.[/i] People get a little carried away (can you imagine) and make excuses about their team losing (as if it matters). You shouldn't pay it much mind unless you're receiving a check from the Steelers. One thing's for sure though--with "The Bus" retiring, it's kind of nice that "The Smiley" is there to pick up the pieces.