OtakuBoards

Manga

amiboshi

Okay. I want to get my 8 year-old brother some manga for Christmas. The problem is, I need it to be acceptable for him.. As in no BAD cuss words or nudity. I myself know this is hard to find, so I'm asking you all. Does anyone know of something that will keep him interested without "poisoning" his small brain? lol. I just don't want my parents to be like, you got him THAT?! So....any ideas?

well, princess minerva is pretty cool and unadulterated, and even though some people may argue with me on this one, but evangelion, sure there's blood and some swearing, but not much, though I doubt he would understand anything happening, lol....

hmmm, blue sub 6 if you can, there are other titles, I'll think of some when they come to my head....

The Rurouni Kenshin manga's R VERY good. It's somethimes kinda violent, but it's good, and funny, great storyline and so one.
Go see at this website for information of it.
[url]http://www.sitepros.net/kenshin/index2.html[/url]

Or if you wanna download a manga, to see how it is, go here.
[url]http://www.arcticnightfall.com/boards/[/url]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]well, princess minerva is pretty cool and unadulterated, and even though some people may argue with me on this one, but evangelion, sure there's blood and some swearing, but not much, though I doubt he would understand anything happening, lol....

hmmm, blue sub 6 if you can, there are other titles, I'll think of some when they come to my head.... [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't think Evangelion would be that bad, but you're right. He probably wouldn't be able to follow the story. Plus, some of it's kinda perverted. Like when Asuka and Shinji hang out a lot of times. Plus, when they have those naked copies of Rei. ^_^ Blue sub 6 would be good. Thanks for the suggestions! :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mztik_Gohan10 [/i]
[B]A dragon Ball Manga i suggest. [/B][/QUOTE]
Whoah, I almost choked on my food when I read your post. Lol. He wants DB manga, but I can't get that for him. It is REALLY bad. The first manga alone has Goku stealing panties, bulma flashing people, Goku staring at crotches, Goku walking in on naked Bulma, should I go on? You see? This is my problem!:bawl: Wahhhh! I don't know what series I can get. I'll have to just go to the bookstore and look at the manga there, then decide what's suitable. Anyone else have more suggestions, though?
----------------------------------------------------
People who have read the Record of the Lodoss war manga, what do you think about that? Would it be ok? I heaven't read it.

Most of the stories by CLAMP are pretty clean....but I guess more girls like them than boys....and all the manga I can think of that I read is all that stuff for girls....like Fushigi Yugi and Peach Girl and Juline and stuff like that in Smile magazine. I was thinking DB too but that is INSANE....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sailor Meike [/i]
[B]Oh yeah, the manga Spriggan, that is a good one too. I never read the manga, but i have the movie. And it's a great one. So, Spriggan would be something good. [/B][/QUOTE]

Really? What's it about? I've never heard of it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Soccer 4 Life [/i]
[B]Castle of Caglistro(spelling) I 've heard its pretty good for kids.....

:) :( War!!!:eek: :o
[size=1]AJ2K1 woz 'ere[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]Hehe,...good ol' Wolf an Co.
I've only seen the film/movie..so I dunno about the comic, but one of the Wolf films/anime has rude bits in...but not CoC..[/b]