Aiyachi Posted February 17, 2006 Posted February 17, 2006 [COLOR=Navy][FONT=Fixedsys]But, I was just wondering...Are there special collage classes that train you in manga making? Or is it just something you'd go to any collage that speacializes in art? I really wanna know, hope that doesnt sound stupid -^_^-[/FONT][/COLOR]
Kei Posted February 17, 2006 Posted February 17, 2006 [color=darkblue][size=1]It's not a stupid question at all. ^^ Well, I know there are a few colleges in Japan that specialize in making manga (Rumiko Takahashi attended one, under the instruction of the creator of Lone Wolf & Cub). However, here in America (where I'm bodly assuming you claim residence), the basics of art classes would help a lot in getting the basics down, mainly body comp and the ilk. Intro to Studio Art and Drawing classes would be your best bet, really.[/color][/size]
GTK Posted February 23, 2006 Posted February 23, 2006 Some places offer classes in illustration or comics, and things from them could be applied to drawing manga style (though it's hit or miss on if the instructor actually -likes- this style ^^; I've had problems getting feedback from some, but most are generally okay with it so long as you get the assingment done ^_~ )
Aine Posted March 14, 2006 Posted March 14, 2006 There are also books you can buy at bookstores and online that teaches you manga making.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now