Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Fixedsys]But, I was just wondering...Are there special collage classes that train you in manga making? Or is it just something you'd go to any collage that speacializes in art?

I really wanna know, hope that doesnt sound stupid -^_^-[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[color=darkblue][size=1]It's not a stupid question at all. ^^

Well, I know there are a few colleges in Japan that specialize in making manga (Rumiko Takahashi attended one, under the instruction of the creator of Lone Wolf & Cub). However, here in America (where I'm bodly assuming you claim residence), the basics of art classes would help a lot in getting the basics down, mainly body comp and the ilk. Intro to Studio Art and Drawing classes would be your best bet, really.[/color][/size]
Posted
Some places offer classes in illustration or comics, and things from them could be applied to drawing manga style (though it's hit or miss on if the instructor actually -likes- this style ^^; I've had problems getting feedback from some, but most are generally okay with it so long as you get the assingment done ^_~ )
  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...