Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Why do Super Saiyans have yellow spikey hair?


Recommended Posts

Posted
Well, why do they? I've always wondered that, and every time I try to come up with an answer, I can't. Does anyone else have an answer to this mystery?
Posted
well i dont know fer sure but my belife on it was this:

when a saiyan reaches a certain amount of pure energy the brighter the hair! almost like pure white energy but not quite!
i dont know if this makes any sence to u, its hard for me to explain, but ummmmmm...............*flies away*:demon:


fear the )V(
Guest Altron Gundam
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Well, why do they? I've always wondered that, and every time I try to come up with an answer, I can't. Does anyone else have an answer to this mystery? [/B][/QUOTE]

Because Akira Toriyama said so...what other reason would there be....
Posted
Reason 1 : It looks cool
Reason 2 : Going high in power and not going through any differnce in appeaence would be stupid
Reason 3 : They just made it like that. Nothing more.
Posted
Here's how it was explained to me, the Saiyans are Hitlers perfect race, yellow hair, blue eyes(teal is a shade of blue), the Namics are the Americans(Peace loving hippies!, to peace loving in my mind), and the Humans are like, the Japanese, and the mutants are like, Italy, their strong, but weak at the same time. And the Icers are Britain, they are too confident in their powers. And the Androids, well, we dun know yet.
Guest Imsirion
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]Here's how it was explained to me, the Saiyans are Hitlers perfect race, yellow hair, blue eyes(teal is a shade of blue), the Namics are the Americans(Peace loving hippies!, to peace loving in my mind), and the Humans are like, the Japanese, and the mutants are like, Italy, their strong, but weak at the same time. And the Icers are Britain, they are too confident in their powers. And the Androids, well, we dun know yet. [/B][/QUOTE]

whoa... thats one weird analogy Akito... the androids can be the russians!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by outlawstar_14 [/i]
[B]

whoa... thats one weird analogy Akito... the androids can be the russians! [/B][/QUOTE]

But it makes sense! And the androids bein Russian, yeah, that makes sense, Cell was Stalin, hehe.
Posted
err, very interesting. yes, it does make sense, and if you think about it, it makes ALOT of sense. I'm starting to think that it was just made that way..........
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]yep, it's the energy. energy looks like light, in this case golden light...

but then in ssj4 their hair isn't gold anymore, & that's their most powerful form. now why is that? [/B][/QUOTE]

A damn good point. I just need to get something from my car....

[i]voice from back-'hey! you dont have a car!!!'[/i]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]yep, it's the energy. energy looks like light, in this case golden light...

but then in ssj4 their hair isn't gold anymore, & that's their most powerful form. now why is that? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well has I have been corrected before *Look's at Altron and Transtic nerve evily* Mr. Akira T. was a designer for the DBGT Series. But later on if TOEI wanted they could have changed the appearence of Gokou and Vejita to have the red hair. And lus they still have a golden type arua around them.
Posted
Does it really matter?

Why are Namek's green? Why is ChiChi a bi?ch? WHy can Oolong shape shift in DB and not in DBZ? Why is Puar a flying cat? Why was Yamucha afraid of women/ How come Mutten Roshi is a pervert?

There is no true explanation, just theories. Believe what you want.
Posted
Damn Transtic you make such good points. I guess we just have to remember.....It's just a cartoon! Yes it is different from Flinestones and Looney Toons but they are still drawn people who are able to do anything since all you need is a paper,pen and an imagination.
Posted
[B]After much deliberation with about 40 people a couple of months ago, we came up with the fact that the hair is used to store the energy that is produced, the more energy, the longer the hair. SSJ4...... Red Fur maybe.... But Akira Toriyama didn't help in the DBGT series did he? Maybe he came up with the "Store power in the hair" theory[/B]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Does it really matter?

Why are Namek's green? Why is ChiChi a bi?ch? WHy can Oolong shape shift in DB and not in DBZ? Why is Puar a flying cat? Why was Yamucha afraid of women/ How come Mutten Roshi is a pervert?

There is no true explanation, just theories. Believe what you want. [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah, but we're the type of people who like sitting around endlessly discussing dragonball...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B][B]After much deliberation with about 40 people a couple of months ago, we came up with the fact that the hair is used to store the energy that is produced, the more energy, the longer the hair. SSJ4...... Red Fur maybe.... But Akira Toriyama didn't help in the DBGT series did he? Maybe he came up with the "Store power in the hair" theory[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

What in God's name are you talking about boy?? Where did you come up wth this theroy about storing energy in your hair. That is one of the stupidist and scarist theroys I have ever heard! If you want the correct reason ask Akira Toriyama and he'll ever say "I just made it like that". It is a cartoon. you don't always aneed a reason for everything.
Posted
I think Akira just wanted there hair to change color but brown resembles black too much(all pure saiyans have black hair)so he made it blonde

now why it goes back to black in the end is becaue Akira DID NOT create or draw DBGT...there:)
Posted
Akira left after the Freeza saga. But I still say it's gotta do with what I said!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Darkness Bu [/i]
[B]
now why it goes back to black in the end is becaue Akira DID NOT create or draw DBGT...there:) [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually he was the lead character design artist for DBGT, so essentially he did draw it.

And what do you mean Akira left after the freeza saga, Akito?
Posted
well haven't I created a nice little topic of hair.......

we have some very wierd theories here, don't we? ....man, they store their energy in their hair...... *stares at The Elite DBZ in the eyes*
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B][B]After much deliberation with about 40 people a couple of months ago, we came up with the fact that the hair is used to store the energy that is produced, the more energy, the longer the hair. SSJ4...... Red Fur maybe.... But Akira Toriyama didn't help in the DBGT series did he? Maybe he came up with the "Store power in the hair" theory[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

Damn... and I just had my hair cut... I could have let it grow and get a job as a 12V battery.
Posted
Okay, we've covered the gold reasons, but why is their hair spikey? Personally, I think it's just to keep it out of there eyes when they're fighting, but I'm probably wrong.
Posted
Your ki energy has been released at a massive power. Power is running all through your body. Your pushing more and more to come out and you think you wouldn't have some hairs sticking straight up?
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...