OtakuBoards

Gta3

Guest Voodookanaka

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]I don't think it will, only GTA made it to PC........ and anyway, GTA3 is now banned in Australia. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]It hasn't yet been banned. The publisher is appealing the decision.

It sucks though, our ratings are too low. We need an R 18+ rating for games here...that way, a lot of games that would otherwise not be released would have a chance (such as GTA3).

It surprises me though...this country has always been fairly liberal about censorship...not like America.

I hope this trend doesn't continue. :([/color][/size]

[B]well, I'm on both sides. I'm for the fact that it is a great game, but I'm against the fact that you can engage in sexual acts and stuff like that.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]Yeah, but the thing is...people's opinion on the game is irrelevant.

As long as the game is given an appropriate rating (to make sure that at least under 15's can't play it), then I think it's fine.

If people don't like the content, they don't have to play it. That's the great thing about freedom of choice. :)[/color][/size]

[B]yeah, I know what you mean......... I think they should have good ratings too. But look at the game "Jonny's Adventure". It is worse in voilence and stuff like that than GTA3, and they rated it PG! What's the go with that?! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]Exactly. The OFLC is absolutely stupid.

Look at Resident Evil and Silent Hill...those games are absolutely full of gore, yet they passed the censors.

In Europe, companies are often asked to change things in order to make games more suitable.

Like with Turok on N64, the German government insisted that the people were changed to zombies...and that their blood was changed from red to green.

We've never had that here, so it surprises me that they'd outright ban a game just because of its violent nature. They have let so many other games slip by that it's just unacceptable.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Wow, that really sucks that it could be banned, and other games have been banned before. . I would hate that.

As for the reasoning, as mean as this may seem, have there been any school gunnings, or other such random and supremely violent acts such as some of the ones here in America? If not, then I don't think they will ever change their minds. The events happening over here, I would assume, would only strengthen their beliefs that they ARE doing the right thing in keeping the bans and keeping games like GTA3 away from their soil.

Just my thoughts though. . sorry~
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Wow, that really sucks that it could be banned, and other games have been banned before. . I would hate that.

As for the reasoning, as mean as this may seem, have there been any school gunnings, or other such random and supremely violent acts such as some of the ones here in America? If not, then I don't think they will ever change their minds. The events happening over here, I would assume, would only strengthen their beliefs that they ARE doing the right thing in keeping the bans and keeping games like GTA3 away from their soil.

Just my thoughts though. . sorry~
[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

well, there's been one or two gunnings at schools. only one that I can remember reading in a newspaper though. but I don't think they banned it for that. Our classification office is just plain stupid.

and don't be sorry, Noryko...........

gta3 will be released on pc august 2002....

and about the green blood thing, that mostly happens in germany, sometimes france though, its stupid, games are given ratings for a reason, and if little timmy gets traumatized by playing it, then blame the parents, they're the ones who usually buy the game for him....