OtakuBoards

pirates vs. ninja vs. samurai

NekoSama101

[quote name='Retribution]It's not like the bullets from that era gave the victim nice clean holes -- [spoiler']they'd bounce around the body, destroying internal organs before finally permanently settling to kill the opponnent.[/spoiler][/quote]
[SIZE=1]
Yeah... but I was focusing mainly on accuracy when I was commenting on the 'bang, dead' thing. True, it could wreak havok if the shot struck the torso or the head, but if it veered off and struck an arm or a leg it'd only cripple. The advantage given by that would all depend on the location of the hit - for example, a leg wound could pretty much **** anyone, but if it hit the left arm, and the samurai/ninja was fairly skilled with single-handed fighting [I](and right-handed/ambidextrous)[/I]... blah.[/SIZE]

[quote name='John']If you were close enough for a melee battle, you'd be close enough for the pistol to be effective, and take out the samurai.[/quote]

[size=1]Yes, I just assumed that the pirate would get his shot(s) off while the samurai/ninja was at a distance, though I made a brief note of close-range being an exception. Trying to fire a pistol in melee range would be quite risky, since you'd need to move a lot more to keep them 'in your sights', and they could at least try to cut you down either before the shot or, depending on where it hits, before they fall.

But still, I probably did belittle the pistol's effectiveness a bit too much earlier. My bad.[/size]

[quote name='Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS']And what's the point of a pistol up close? It still makes a hole is what, and plus at point blank it could probably penetrate samurai armour. A pistol shot is quicker and more often deadly / incapacitating than a sword.[/font][/quote][FONT=Palatino Linotype]What I mean is that they should've given up on their guns if their enemies had been nearby. Pistols did gave them advantage when they're afar, but it's not your best friend on fighting all close. Pistol at that times only had a few bullet inside it and takes time to ready it after a shot. They're dead if they're trying to ready their weapon in a melee ranged combat like that.

Firearms at that day produced to attack an enemy from a long distance, they'll immidiately switched to swords if the enemies are too close to them. Doesn't make sense to fight a melee battle using pistols.[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Raphael][font=Palatino Linotype]What I mean is that they should've given up on their guns if their enemies had been nearby. Pistols did gave them advantage when they're afar, but it's not your best friend on fighting all close. Pistol at that times only had a few bullet inside it and takes time to ready it after a shot. They're dead if they're trying to ready their weapon in a melee ranged combat like that.

Firearms at that day produced to attack an enemy from a long distance, they'll immidiately switched to swords if the enemies are too close to them. Doesn't make sense to fight a melee battle using pistols.[/font][/QUOTE] I had addressed that earlier. The pirate really only needs one shot anyway, first of all, and even if it only cripples the samurai, there's the possibility of a skilled pirate defeating him from there with his saber (and we're even assuming here that the pirate has only one pistol on him).

And pistols in that day were indeed intended for close(er) combat; maybe twenty, thirty feet or something less. In this situation, [i]someone's[/i] going to die at the hands of the pirate's gun, even if the remaining opponent defeats him.

[quote name='Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS] Better to try [url="http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Great_Pirate-Ninja_conflict"][b]Uncyclopedia [/b][/url']- it leaves no dumb Internet meme unturned![/quote] [font=Verdana]XD Yeah, I thought about referencing that article, but it's not often safe to make mention of the dangerous Uncyclopedia. >.>[/font]
[/font]

[COLOR=#656446]Because the statement "Ninjas always win" is a corollary of Newton's Fourth Law ("Chuck Norris always wins") and concurs with one of the few, truly Universal Truths in this forsaken earth ("Chuck Norris always wins"), I have proven ninjas' superiority over pirates beyond reasonable doubt.

Being led by [url=http://zombielatte.com/?cat=1]Chuck Norris[/url] = SUPERIOR.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Retribution][size=1']Do you honestly think a throwing star would penetrate deep enough to kill? I'm supposing that if it struck the Pirate's jugular vein it would be enough to kill, but the chances of that happening in a fast-paced battle are slim to none. The throwing star(s) would wound but not kill the pirate. I'm also betting that a pirate doesn't carry only one pistol...[/size][/quote]
[size=1]Want to lay bets on how you'd go with a throwing star protruding from either your head, or your neck? :rolleyes:

The whole point of them is that you can kill someone swiftly and silently without them even being aware that you're there... not to hit them in the arm with it, lol.

And yeah, good think Chuck Norris wasn't included in this, because it would have been too easy.

[B]Roundhouse kick +1[/B][/size]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm sorry, but ninjas would win they're too awesome. Here's a testimonial from a expert named Robert:

"Ninjas can kill anyone they want! Ninjas cut off heads ALL the time and don't even think twice about it. These guys are so crazy and awesome that they flip out ALL the time. I heard that there was this ninja who was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon the ninja killed the whole town. My friend Mark said that he saw a ninja totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't believe that ninjas have REAL Ultimate Power you better get a life right now or they will chop your head off!!! It's an easy choice, if you ask me.

Ninjas are sooooooooooo sweet that I want to crap my pants. I can't believe it sometimes, but I feel it inside my heart. These guys are totally awesome and that's a fact. Ninjas are fast, smooth, cool, strong, powerful, and sweet. I can't wait to start yoga next year. I love ninjas with all of my body (including my pee pee).

Here are some Ninja facts:
1. Ninjas are mammals.
2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.
3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Q and A:

Q: Why is everyone so obsessed about ninjas?
A: Ninjas are the ultimate paradox. On the one hand they don't give a crap, but on the other hand, ninjas are very careful and precise.

Q: I heard that ninjas are always cruel or mean. What's their problem?
A: Whoever told you that is a total liar. Just like other mammals, ninjas can be mean OR totally awesome.

Q: What do ninjas do when they're not cutting off heads or flipping out?
A: Most of their free time is spent flying, but sometime they stab. (Ask Mark if you don't believe me.)"

[IMG]http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/rup/hill-5-m-small.jpg[/IMG]
These guys just graduated ninja school, so just wait till they get experienced!

All information gathered from [URL=http://www.realultimatepower.net/index4.htm]Real Ultimate Power!!!![/URL] [/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Baron Samedi][size=1]Want to lay bets on how you'd go with a throwing star protruding from either your head, or your neck? :rolleyes:

The whole point of them is that you can kill someone swiftly and silently without them even being aware that you're there... not to hit them in the arm with it, lol.[/size][/QUOTE]
[size=1]You're right, but I was talking more of the probability of a ninja actually killing with it in a fast-paced battle. I think everyone's giving them a bit too much credit, personally.

I still have my cash on the pirate. No one understands me ;_;.[/size]

[quote name='John']I had addressed that earlier. The pirate really only needs one shot anyway, first of all, and even if it only cripples the samurai, there's the possibility of a skilled pirate defeating him from there with his saber (and we're even assuming here that the pirate has only one pistol on him).[/quote][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Urh, yeah maybe you're right that all they need's one shot. But that'll need a perfect accuration and braveness (I should say...as they're enclosed by a hordes of peoples who'd be happy to kill or be killed by them).

Also don't forget that most pirates are unorganized, it would be hard for them to utilize their guns in an effective way.

Lastly, pirates (and other pistols troops) usually carries only one gun with them, even the commander. It would be hard for them to carry two guns considering it's size (both it's width and it's length).[/FONT]

[quote name='John]And pistols in that day were indeed intended for close(er) combat; maybe twenty, thirty feet or something less. In this situation, [i]someone's[/i'] going to die at the hands of the pirate's gun, even if the remaining opponent defeats him.[/quote][FONT=Palatino Linotype][/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Uh huh, you're right about what you say. But what I'm saying is that even pirates won't use guns on melee (definition: a distance where a normal sword could slash you to pieces with one swung :D) ranged battle.[/FONT]

[quote name='Retribution']I still have my cash on the pirate. No one understands me ;_;.[/quote]:sweat:

Pirates would probably win. After all pirates have a huge number of advantages, including but not limited to:

1. Pirates are often drunk on grog. This has a combination of effects including anaesthetic and antiseptic qualities. Those crazy pirates wouldn't even feel a throwing star in the head, and that poison wouldn't do anything either.

2. Ever wonder why pirates wear eyepatches? I bet you though they lost their eyes in "accidents", eh? In reality, eyepatches merely conceal laser eyes! Or hypnoeyes!

3.It has been suggested that Pirates have no long range power. They have cannons, duh! Plus they can invoke the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

4.At least 30% of pirates also have the zombie subtype, making them practically unkillable.

5. Pirates can make illegal copies of the ninjas and samurai to fight for them in a pinch.

QED Pirates win.

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='Retribution][size=1']I still have my cash on the pirate. No one understands me ;_;.[/size][/quote]

Eh, like someone said earlier, "It depends on the terrain," or something like that... If the battles anywhere near a major body of water, I'd put my money on the pirates. ;)

Oh, and sorry, I didn't mean to stretch the page...[/FONT][/COLOR] :animeswea

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Pretty much the only way I can really see a pirate winning is on water. I think that the only thing a ship from a samurai or a ninja can do is shoot flaming arrows at the opposing ship. While pirates can light up a cannon and just blow the **** out of the other ship. I think it may not be to hard to stop a little bit of fire. Rather than have a giant hole in your ship.

On land however that is a different story. As far as I know... Samurai haven't been able to develop some kind of a Boomerang Katana, so that would give them at a loss. and pirates do just have guns and such. So as much as I know right now the samurai would atleast come up in last place out of the three.

Now ninjas do have the freaky " look behind you, nobody is there, look just a second later and you turn around again and your dead." kind of attacks. I just think that the pirates, coming to this new kind of fighting style, would just die in a mass of confusion of such.

Ninjas win just about every time.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Baron Samedi][img']http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6e/Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg/800px-Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg[/img][/quote] :stupid: :D

[quote name='Ikillion][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Pretty much the only way I can really see a pirate winning is on water. I think that the only thing a ship from a samurai or a ninja can do is shoot flaming arrows at the opposing ship. While pirates can light up a cannon and just blow the **** out of the other ship. I think it may not be to hard to stop a little bit of fire. Rather than have a giant hole in your ship.[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]You're saying that samurais never used a cannon? Well if pirates whose a bunch of outlaws used them...why wouldn't the samurais whose the laws itself? :D

Samurai all the way! samurai's are fast and strong....the only thing that can stop them is a barrage of bullets!

Pirates have guns :mad: , but Rachael is right, though they only have one shot and one gun at times.....reloading that gun after a miss would take to long and it would have to be a precise shot if not the samurai or ninja would take him down... :animesmil

I love ninjas too though....there the steathier version of a samuria.....they can make a shurikin out of a spork :animesmil

*looks at picture of Ninjas* arent ninjas suppose to stay in shadows , as if they dont exist.......now I know who you are.....excellent ....this was all to easy Mwahahaha...*thanks Tatsubei* there down fall is your doing :animesmil :cool:

[quote name='Raphael']You're saying that samurais never used a cannon? Well if pirates whose a bunch of outlaws used them...why wouldn't the samurais whose the laws itself? :D[/quote]

[SIZE=1]Well, they never put them to great use, just as a mounted defense on a couple of the more elaborate castles. They were introduced quite late as far as feudal Japan goes, and I don't think there were any major sea-battles after the Taira got whipped in the Heike wars. Still, they adapted well to musket use, so I guess they would've been more than capable of adapting to cannons too, if they'd had to.

[I][Lol, Slade called you Rachael. Heh.][/I][/SIZE]

[quote name='Ikillion']On land however that is a different story. As far as I know... Samurai haven't been able to develop some kind of a Boomerang Katana, so that would give them at a loss. and pirates do just have guns and such. So as much as I know right now the samurai would atleast come up in last place out of the three.[/quote]

[SIZE=1]The samurai were renowned for their archery skills for the majority of their existence, the whole swordsman image only really took off in the Edo period after all the major wars had ended. A bow could easily pack more power than anything a ninja could throw, given that the ninja's visible and the bow hasn't been cast aside/left out entirely. If you were to take a well developed army from the late 1500's, they'd have a good ol' fashioned musket squad too. But I doubt that'd count for a 1:1:1 fight, so... Dang. [/SIZE]

Ok lets be honest here pirates wouldnt stand a chance. Blackbeard never killed a man in his life, they were to scared he tied hemp on his beard and lit it on fire. NINJAS WERENT MADE FOR HAND TO HAND FIGHTING!!!! Samurais were they had full body armor and an aray of wepons. Ninja were ment to hide, attack, and run. Do you think ninja could of done better at defending from a Mongol horde? If ninjas were better soldiers than Japan would of been based on the ninja instead of the samurais. You can be a bit more realistic instead of just say one side will win because you want it to.

[SIZE=1]^ Wha-? Haven't you noticed the people in this thread (mostly those who elaborate on their choices) who are trying to put some realism into this?

First, were not talking about Blackbeard here, we're talking about [I]pirates[/I]. You know, the 'scourge of the seas', who were, let's be fair, feared and hated by a considerable amount of people. It's not like the usual pirate didn't kill anyone. Essentially, they were the thieving ninjas of the sea - they'd open fire on/board an unuassuming merchant ship, take what they wanted, and sink it along with the crew. And as most people have said, nothing the samurai or ninja may have could stand a chance against a pirate attack at sea.

And it's not like ninjas weren't completely incompetent in hand-to-hand fighting. Heck, they didn't just carry shurikens and swords you know. Ninjutsu techniques, which were common to both ninja and samurai, were adapted for the manipulation and disarming of an opponent. They carried some seemingly harmless throwing items that were essentially for p*ssing off anyone who enganged them in combat, on the basis that an angry person is going to act far less rationally, and can be much more easily manipulated. What people don't seem to realise sometimes is that a ninja isn't going to be able to kill someone in one swift move - if they couldn't hold their own against their targets, what use would they have been?

Oh, and samurai + mongol horde = bad example. The samurai performed quite badly against the first Mongol invasion, and the only thing that kept them standing was the fact that it was only a scout force. In the second invasion, they were all but screwed, and they only won because of the hurricane that decimated the mongols' anchored ships and left the invaders lost and confused. And ninjas may not have been the best soldiers in Japan, but they [I]were[/I] the best soldier-killers - both feared and respected by the samurai.

[I]Y'see, in my first post I favoured the samurai, yet here I haven't mentioned a single good thing about them. Up yours, favouritism![/I][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS]I'm sorry, but ninjas would win they're too awesome. Here's a testimonial from a expert named Robert:

"Ninjas can kill anyone they want! Ninjas cut off heads ALL the time and don't even think twice about it. These guys are so crazy and awesome that they flip out ALL the time. I heard that there was this ninja who was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon the ninja killed the whole town. My friend Mark said that he saw a ninja totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't believe that ninjas have REAL Ultimate Power you better get a life right now or they will chop your head off!!! It's an easy choice, if you ask me.

Ninjas are sooooooooooo sweet that I want to crap my pants. I can't believe it sometimes, but I feel it inside my heart. These guys are totally awesome and that's a fact. Ninjas are fast, smooth, cool, strong, powerful, and sweet. I can't wait to start yoga next year. I love ninjas with all of my body (including my pee pee).

Here are some Ninja facts:
1. Ninjas are mammals.
2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.
3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Q and A:

Q: Why is everyone so obsessed about ninjas?
A: Ninjas are the ultimate paradox. On the one hand they don't give a crap, but on the other hand, ninjas are very careful and precise.

Q: I heard that ninjas are always cruel or mean. What's their problem?
A: Whoever told you that is a total liar. Just like other mammals, ninjas can be mean OR totally awesome.

Q: What do ninjas do when they're not cutting off heads or flipping out?
A: Most of their free time is spent flying, but sometime they stab. (Ask Mark if you don't believe me.)"

All information gathered from [url="http://www.realultimatepower.net/index4.htm"]Real Ultimate Power!!!![/url] [/font][/color][/QUOTE]I have to go with Tatsubei Yagyu on this. He laid down the facts and brought them, and I'm not just saying this because I'm a part time ninja myself. On water of course the pirates would win, but then it comes down to the to the more elite of the elites: samurai or ninja? Everyone has brought good facts on both samurai and ninja, but I believe the ninja have it over the samurai. Indeed the samurai have speed on their side, but ninja have[i] brute strength ,jutsu, and speed[/i]! Sure samurai have their katana and whatever other weapons they choose, but they don't have the ever faithful jutsu at their disposal. Also, samurai can't summon their chakra making their energy level skyrocket. Ninja all the way baby...either like it, or get your head chopped off. It's that simple.:catgirl:

[quote name='Dodeca][SIZE=1']Well, they never put them to great use, just as a mounted defense on a couple of the more elaborate castles. They were introduced quite late as far as feudal Japan goes, and I don't think there were any major sea-battles after the Taira got whipped in the Heike wars. Still, they adapted well to musket use, so I guess they would've been more than capable of adapting to cannons too, if they'd had to.[/SIZE][/quote][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Yep, those cannons maybe not much used by samurais. But they would surely retaliate and use them when they fired with cannons by pirates like hell right? :D[/FONT]

[quote name='Dodeca][SIZE=1][I]Lol, Slade called you Rachael. Heh.][/I'][/SIZE][/quote]:sweat:

[quote name='Raphael][FONT=Palatino Linotype']Yep, those cannons maybe not much used by samurais. But they would surely retaliate and use them when they fired with cannons by pirates like hell right? :D[/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Well, I was thinking more if they had time to prepare, and opted to kit their ships out with a few. Though they'd need to make/import the darn things first, since the few cannons the samurai did have were constructed for mounted use on land, not at sea. So all in all, it wouldn't be all that likely.

Also, even if they set up the cannons, they'd have practically no experience in firing and reloading them quickly/efficiently, so the pirates'd still probably haul a**.[/SIZE]