OtakuBoards

DNA microprocessors?

coolkam007

my dad told me about an artical about DNA microprocessors.. i was like.. O_o what?..

i looked it up.. and i found this

[url]http://www.cnet.com/techtrends/0-1544316-7-1727815.html[/url]

i'm amazed by this concept.. from what my dad told me about the article in the mag. DNA microprocessors run at multiples of even next years silicon microprocesors.. (and that silicon microprocessors are almost reaching their limits.. they cant get much faster..)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]deathknight, i don't think it will ever stop. humans have been inventing for thousands of years & they haven't stopped yet... there's more new stuff coming out than ever. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Please, Call me Ken.

And....

I dont know about that. Think about it.

How can invention continue on forever? Just how many things are there more that we can invent.

I mean... All good things come to an end as some say.

I think eventually... it will stop...

But it will be in billions of years most likely...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt.D [/i]
[B][color=rainbow]and how many million will this cost?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

well it is actually cheaper to make then the silicon chips.. .. i'm guessing that if silicon processors reach their max.. and cant get any faster.. DNA microprocessors will replace them and will most likely be about the same price as todays silicon microprocessors.. i mean.. if the computer world needs to keep on growing.. they need to make faster cheeper processors.. like they are doing now.. and of course.. DNA processors are the next step..

Well, I love it for the positive possibilities, but in some ways it scares me. I wonder how long it will be before the government( maybe even now) starts using this technology for something foul. This has the possibility to be the beginning of something very wrong. If something negative does happen, what do we say then?