OtakuBoards

Which anime inspired you?

hyuuga_hinata

What animes inspired you to become like an artist or to start playing go or to start building robots & other stuff...put 'em all here! :D

[INDENT][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]Post reasons for your answers, and remember that Otakuboards places an emphasis on post quality. That means proper grammar, spelling, and having content in your posts. [B]If the posts in this thread degenerate, this thread will be closed[/B]. -Arvi[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

[SIZE=1] I wrote a full-fledged novel the summer [as] was airing Wolf's Rain. That novel took place in a post apocalyptic world and focused on how the Gods were going to get back at humanity for all of the damage they did to the Earth. The protagonist was a little crossdressing cutie I called Nami, and he was the embodiment of the god of water. Spastic, and a massive ditz, he lived in a tiny apartment turned garden with a set of quintuplets known around town as the Floral Quintet, and he even had a job at a local restaurant as a waitress--under the name 'Natalia' of course. That was definently one interesting summer

Of course, that little novel was a massive flop. I dropped it, and it still needs massive editing. Unfortunately, the entire 47 pages is saved on an iMac, so I don't forsee that happening at any point in the future. Pity, the iMac is a great computer, just incompatible with everything else.

Maybe I'll revisit that idea sometime, revamp it, and make it have less yaoi undertones. Otherwise, it still has a chance of being decent.

What? I was a Sophomore at the time. And a massive geek, so it's not too surprising.[/SIZE]

First it was Drangon ball Z.

Because it was funny and I liked the drawings.

Then it was Inu yasha.

It was kinda the drawings, kinda the action, etc.

THEN and NOW it is Flame of Recca.

I haven't seen the anime, but I have read the manga.

I wouldn't mind someone teaching me to draw, because I really can't, but I have tried in the past, and it didn't turn out too well...

So, yeah.

I can't really say anything inspired me because I started drawing around the age of 4 or 5. Didn't know anything about inspiration or anime back then. I picked up a pencil and started drawing out of boredom. (Big muscular men with round heads and no neck)

But the 1st cartoon character(s) I've ever drawn was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ^_^. (If that counts for something) Sadly, I haven't picked up a pencil in years. And besides..... I never knew how to shade.... (YES I SUCK)

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='Shinjitsu][color=dodgerblue']Eh, believe it or not, when I was younger the anime that inspired me most was Dragonball Z. From everything to drawing, RPing and cosplaying, lol.[/color][/quote]

yeah that was about the same for me. This show inspired me to be a Script writer. I wrote over 140 pages of nothing but Anime Scripts and Character drawing and actual labeled diagrams of attacks. but the first thing close to anime I saw first was digimon. When i was 10 that was my crack.

I'm a big fiction writer amongst other types of writing, no anime came close to inspiring my writing the way most RPGs have (especially the final fantasies) but the one anime that got me out of a huge writer's block stump was Evangelion. I'm big into psychology and i was able to seriously combine a lot of concepts and turn them into some original creations.

Fullmetal Alchemist has inspired me big time as a guide toward my hopeful future of a writer/director of any sort (movie, TV, anime etc etc) especially during it's last few episodes. Everything that ties the story together in it's progression is masterful to me. But most importantly the amazing depth and aesthetics of certain character's personas and actions inspired me the most when it comes to character development.

Guest Stafal-chan
well i the first anime i ever discovered was inuyasha..but i'd only seen liek 3 episdoes before i lost track of when it was airing ^_^ then i made a friend who was korean and liked japanese comic books ^_^ so i was inspired by manga first ^_^ it was kodocha ^_^ hee hee i really liked that series i have all 10 books ^_^ but i haven't seen the anime

I'm inspired every time I see or read an anime/manga with a good dramatic storyline and/or art styles such as those done by Kaori Yuki and Clamp. Although when reading their manga I find myself admiring the quality of the drawings rather than paying complete attention to the stories.

[QUOTE]Defintely Kaori Yuki's Angel Sanctuary. Her art is so beautiful, Gothic yet delicate, and her storytelling is wonderful. I wish I could do manga like her![/QUOTE]

I agree, it makes me jealous.

Well, i dont really think there was 1 certain anime that started me, i like dbz whan i was smaller, but living here u cant just find 1 that strated it, i have grown up with it so its always been there. But i didnt really get interested in drawing anime, and reading manga all day. But it was something that every1 in my family does, my parents say its because we are sticking to out culture, but what ever. Even if were not my culture i would still be interested in it.

<3 Cho-Lin

Guest KamikazeTenshi
I first started watching Hamtaro and went crazy over art that had the anime style. I drew Hamsters all the time after that. It was because I was young and oblivious to all of the GREAT art that was out there. Before I'd seen that I had watched anime such as Sailor Moon on Toonami, but my style was more of a very little kid's idea of realism. I'd been drawing a lot before but I never really paid attention to art in any cartoons then. I was five, art was art, y'know?

The one that REALLY got me going into anime art was CLAMP's manga, CardCaptor Sakura. I was completely awe stricken at the quality of each and every frame and immediately started trying to improve my tequniques, based off of CLAMP's artwork. Their style definately had a big impact on my work, and although I changed the style of the eyes over the years, it can still be seen as to how much of an imact CLAMP had on my art.

[color=red][size=1]Well... this is a tough question, so I'm going to answer it in different sections.

The anime that has inspired me the most to watch more anime was NOIR. Other than being the first true anime I saw, it was the kind of anime that empowers women. In a way. Female assassins that are better than any other. I also love the characters and the storyline. I'm also a huge fiction fanatic, being a writer and RPer lover.

The anime that has inspired me in real life is Naruto. I can relate to Naruto hugely. Thus, I share the same dream as he. He has inspired me to keep at it at university when I was going to drop out. So, hopefully.... he and I will pull through.

I feel a bit silly saying all that... *sweatdrop*[/color][/size]

Guest Demonic Rogue
:D Wow...there's alot of anime that I've watched which has inspired me drawing wise and thinking wise...Evangelion snapped my head into deep, inner psychology and relgious thinking. It's a great series but it never inspired me drawing wise. I think CLAMPS Card Captor Sakura and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles and Chobits has inspired me alot...the art is so gorgeous. :animesmil

The best anime/manga inspiration I have evr gotten in drawing techniques is Koge Donbo's art in PIta Ten and in Kamichama Karin...SO CUTE. I have always been into demons and the such and angels too so Pita Ten clicked...but so did stuff like Hellsing and CHRONO CRUSADE. Samurai Champloo has given me a tonne of "mature" (*cough* *perverted*) humour and Ghost in The Shell is a political/psychological anime that inspires thinking...wow....thats alot of writing for me...but I guess I can say that all anime inspires me, especially stuff by Studio Ghibli.

Adios~

[FONT=Book Antiqua]I was never good at drawing, even though I'd love to, but there's another way that a certain anime has inspired me.

FullMetal Alchemist changed my point of view about everything and it made me think about stuff I never would have noticed. It also made me investigate more about the past and about some profecies the anime uses in its story, pretty interesting.

Also, maybe you would ask yourselves how in the world I got the idea but FMA inspired me on playing piano. I'm really good at playing it so I decided to play some of Ooshima Michiru's background songs. They sound so cool when one pays a little more attention to them, or maybe that's just me, for I love music ^-^[/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wingsospunsugar
Esaflowne inspired me to learn how to read tarot when I was younger. I've learned how to dowse and fortune tell with runes, crystal ball, tarot, palm reading, dreams, and others. Learning how to do these things was very fufilling, once I got older I got to watch the whole series... and the ending was not what I expected. :animecry:

[size=1][color=slategray]Any anime I like inspires me. For I am a fan fiction author-writer-person-thing. So, basically, if I like an anime, like a pairing... I come up with a story-line and I just write. Hence the whole... fan fiction thing.

Cheesey reply, but true. Fan fictions have helped me with my writing developement... so if I ever become a famous author one day (har har) you can bet I'm thanking fan fictions. Fan girls and fan boys unite! >>[/color][/size]

[color=#b0000b][size=1]I was a big Digimon fan back in the day, and I still have a lot of fanart to show for it. The fanart, though, is next to nothing compared to the stories, theories, rpgs, jokes, and discussion that took place on the old Digimon forums here. I was just thinking how much I miss being that into something.

I'll probably never hit up Digimon again, but if anyone knows of another all-engrossing series... Well, I'm on the market.[/color][/size]

Guest sesshisgrl01
my very first insperation was salior moon but as my skills increased i started to watch and buy inuyahsa and that helped too :catgirl:

Guest neko ninja
I'd say that the anime that inspired me most was Naruto, the Japanese version, not English. It inspired me because it dealt with different aspects of life, like giving up, and it actually made we want to try my hardest, because I always gave up easily. Man, this is pretty embarassing talking about this, hehe :animeswea

The anime that inspired me to become a writer is none other than Video Girl AI. The sci-fi, Highschool life romance comedy kept me in my seat for awhile and in the end. Everything turned out A ok ^-^

I was crying at the end *sniffle*