OtakuBoards

Absolute Boyfriend

Guest Asamoto

Guest Asamoto
Any fans of the seemingly desolate "Absolute Boyfriend"? I've found it difficult to find any fans or listings of the manga.

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I just read the first book in the series (the next doesn't come out 'til August, grrr...). I thought it looked pretty interesting so I bought it, and read straight through it really fast.
It's really funny, and slightly twisted. Riiko Izawa is a shy girl who is always getting rejected but then she goes on this website and buys a "lover" for a three day trial. What actually shows up is a fullsize "figure" (not doll). He falls out of a cardboard box naked on top of Riiko. That was a good drawing...
Anyways, the point, Night (the lover) is pretty much there to answer to Riiko's beck and call. Also, he is mainly there to pleasure her. But then she doesn't return Night on time and now she has to pay for him, except he costs one million dollars. Not exactly chump change. Blah, blah, blah. I'm done now. But you should read it if you can, it's absolutely hilarious.
Plus, Yuu Watase is freaking awesome.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

hi asamoto. well im new member but i totally love absolute boyfriend. its so mysterious and another great work by yuu watase. she is like the goddess of anime and manga. well if you wanna talk some more about yuu watase or her works then private message me ^_^ i'll be glad to hear from you. :catgirl:

[size=1]I love this story. I started and finished this series this past weekend.

I love the fact that a figure such as Night is trying so hard [spoiler]to become human himself[/spoiler]. Even though I knew what the pairing would be, I was kind of rooting for [spoiler]Soushi and Riiko[/spoiler]. :animeswea

The ending made me die in my own tears. It wasn't -that- tragic, I know, but when [spoiler]Night "died"[/spoiler] it saddened me quite a bit.

I truly love this story.[/size]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOrchid]hey_love, I was wondering if you read japanese or something? The american version of Absolute boyfriend isn't even completely released yet. Only the first is out, and the next isn't coming out until August. Not insinuating anything, I'm just curious how you read the whole series already.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Guest Lonnie_14
[color=#6699FF]I just went to the library yesterday and I saw a issue of Shojo Beat. I checked it out, flipped through the pages, and what I found was a naked boy...Then I read the chapter of "Absolute Boyfriend". It was very intriguing...Riiko looks like Aya from Ceres: Celestial Legend, eh? They are both by Yuu Watase, by the way.[/color]

[quote name='Lonnie_14][color=#6699FF']Then I read the chapter of "Absolute Boyfriend". It was very intriguing...Riiko looks like Aya from Ceres: Celestial Legend, eh?[/color][/quote]

[color=darkblue][size=1]The thing about Yuu Watase's works is that she repeats the same plotline in different scenarios using the same characters with slight tweaks. That's why you can always say "Hey, he looks like Tamahome" or "Isn't that just Yui with brown hair?" Hence why I gave up on her a while ago.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I love absolute boyfriend. Yuu Watase is a great artist. I can truly say I love her. I haven't gotten a chance to read much anymore, but in the past few mangas I've read, Absolute boyfriend is definately close to my favorite... :catgirl: [/FONT] [/COLOR]