OtakuBoards

Punks vs. Mods? You tell me.

renayiiq

Yes, Vicki needs answers. I've always heard from some of my friends about the punk movement and the hating of mods and stuff. So, I wanna know. What's with the Punks v.s Mods thing? How did it start? Why did it start? Has it ended? I'm curious. I'm oblivious. So, I'm asking. Some insight, please? :animesmil

[size=1]Haha. Actually, Nomura, the Mods were a type of movement back in the 60s. It was a middle-class fashion type thing, and they wore nice suits ... sort of a direct challenge to Punk fashion, which was the complete opposite of conventional fashion.

Click [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mod_%28lifestyle%29][b]here[/b][/url] for the Wikipedia article on them. It's rather short and incomplete, though. I'd recommend a Google search for more in-depth info... that's how I read about them a while back.[/size]

Mods do rule, Though these days there is a definate blending of the two i think. Real british blkoes wear suits. But yeah, most middle class fashion trends tend to step away from the suits and towards the punks. And most middleclass rebelious youths and alternative cultures now tend to move towards the glam and the decadence of the higher cultures. Without thatcher though i geuss theres no need for the extreme form of rebelion of the punks. And the middle class, well educated youths are begining to shape the world based on influences from the political rebeliosness of the punks but with out there brash need for violence and whatnot. Its really british cultureal history before disco andf britpop.
This is all just and unedjucated opinion i geuss.

Alot of why this movement started was because of music and taste. The punks who didnt like authority and were against most of that was happening where they were at the time wanted things changed and demanded it quickly.

Mods however were the authority at the time. Nice dressed "well mannerd" people. Now can you see why there was a conflict?