OtakuBoards

Nintendo 64 still popular?

studio_ghibli

Companies care little about what is fair to the little guy. They only care about the cash that enters their pockets at the moment. =( The local Gamestop used to sell used N64 and PSone games for a really nice price. I think N'64 games like Mario 64 and whatnot were selling a little under five bucks...might have been more. The PSone games were still being advertised in the teens though. Man...I KNEW I should have bought Suidoken 2 and Chrono Cross for $15. Anymore I find them for like $20 plus online...and I really hate ordering online. *sigh* Ahehe...probably should have gotten Mario Kart too...my bro really loves that game.

To me, the Nintendo 64 can be called "Old School", and is still a hell of a lot of fun to play. The problem with games for the X Box and GC were that they were too short - most of the games seemed to focus on Graphical quality rather than Game Longevity. Not a problem that plagued the good 'ol N64. I have still yet to complete Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on all difficulties, and I still get the satisfaction of completing the two classic Zelda games. Everytime I complete that, I seem to discover something new.

It saddens be slightly that most the game stores around my area still sell PS1 games, but have abandoned N64 games long ago.

Imo N64 had alot of the best games ever made. It had ogre battle 64(The best console rpg ever made in history no contest). Aidyn Chronicles(Best rpg snce oblivion). Golden eye 64(better than halo). Then there is Zelda (best adventure game ever). Then Mario 64(2nd best platformer ever next to tomba).

It has to be popular since someone recently broke into my families cottage and stole the console with all our games.

I enjoyed the 64 very much. But I still like retro games like Pong and specially the Nintendo games. But then again I suppose I am just old school.