OtakuBoards

Demon's Rising RPG

Heaven's Cloud

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=indigo][i]The party steps outside. Everyone turns to Kool. Heaven pats Kool's arm sympathetically. Upon contact with Kool Heavens glowing eyes flare with light, his head snaps to the southwest and a blue beam of light flashes ahead for miles...[/i]

Ash-I guess we are heading that way...[/color]

[color=indigo]Ash speaking to Heaven in a low voice...
Ash-Maybe you should be the leader, I mean you already know where to go.

Heaven-We are not following my path.

Ash-What do you mean I saw those beams fly out of your eyes.

Heaven-That was not my doing, it was hers, she has unimaginable power, she just doesn't realize it yet.[/color]

*Kool was walking in the back of the group. She didn't know what to do. She stood back there thinking this over.*

Kool-(thinks)Why me? What's so great about me? I don't know how to lead a whole group!! Heaven probably does, but not me! And when we do get to the place where the light shone, then what? What if I make the wrong dicision and everyone suffers? All this is giving me a headache! OK, Kool. Calm down. You have Heaven to help you. At least he'll know what to do.

[I]Zack stares at the group of adventures for a second as they walk out of his camp[/I]

Zack:...Heaven...I won't be coming along....

Heaven:why?

Zack:....because I have a rebillion to lead...

Heaven:wha...

Zack:geez you guys are dense...you've been sitting in the Death Corpes camp all night and never relized it...

Heaven:but what about the just king?...

Zack:he is still a monarch...someone who thinks he is noble...be it the just or the evil one they are both monarchs...we don't want them for our leaders...because of them they have torn our land assunder for a throne...good luck on your adventures...

[I]Zack and his men pack up their camp and are gone 10 minutes later...they begin setting up for their ambush on the convoy in the moutin pass[/I]

[color=indigo] [i]Misha starts heading in a different direction then the others...[/i]

Heaven-Misha where are you going, we need your help.

Misha-My quarrel is not with the demons, it is with Bastion, I shall kill him byself and return to my home.[i]walks off

Heaven turns toward Ash...[/i]

Ash-I am not going anywhere, I haven't had this much fun for a long time

[i] The party heads southwest, soon leaving the forest and arriving in the plains. After a short walk the ground beneath them caves in...they all manage to jump back in time. A huge insect like beast appears before them...[/i][/color]

Heaven and Ash both got into battle-ready positions. They were about to strike it when a sharp whistle screamed through the air. Three disks suddenly sliced into the insect's body, wounding it but not killing. Heaven noticed a familiar shadow.

Kiara quickly reloaded her cwellen as the insect spun around, looking for her. She aimed and fired two more, slicing into it's head. The beast twitched, then lay still.

Ash blinked. "Hey, I thought you-?"

"You thought wrong." Kiara replied coldly. "I'm only along because I thought you could use with some help; I could just as easily destroy the other demons by myself."

Heaven raised an eyebrow. .oO(Somehow I doubt that...but any help is welcome.)Oo. he smiled. "Alright. You're coming with us, then?"

Kiara glanced at the rift seperating them, took a few steps back, and then gracefully lept over it. She landed in between Kool and Heaven. "...for the time being."

The group continue across the plains. Ash catches up with Kiara

Ash: Uh.... Kiara? I don't mean to be rude but what is your problem?

Kiara: Problem? I have no problem.

Ash: Well you could try being a little nicer to us being as we're all in this together. What do you say? Are we all friends?

He reaches out his hand and waits Kiara to do the same

Kiara gritted her teeth. Finally she made a shrugging motion, as if giving up, and shook Ash's hand. "Let's just get one thing straight." she added in a soft...purr? That only he could hear. "If you or your buddy show any signs of pure and unrivaled stupidity, this means nothing. I can't tolerate idiots." With that, and a glint in her eye, she pulled her hood above her head again and neatly faded into the background...except for Heaven, who had decided to keep one eye on her...just in case.

Ash stops for a moment to think

Ash: *thinks* I suppose i can see what she means. She's not as bad as i thought she was. She's also a very pretty girl. The bad thing is i think i like her.
With that he catches up with the rest of the group

[color=indigo][i]They hadn't walked far through the plains when they heard a shrill scream. Immediatly the three warriors took off running in the direction of the scream. They arrived to find an immense Scorpion-like creature with the face of a man and the horns of an ox. In one of his large claws it holds Kiara.[/i]
Ash: Kiara...!!!

Heaven: Ash wait!!!

[i] Ash takes off on his feet with Heaven and cool quickly behind him. Ash is like a madman firing his shotgun at the creature and the attacking with his sword. His attacks, however, glanced off of the monster's thick skin. Heaven also attacked with his dagger, but to no avail. While the two warriors were distracting the creature, Kool freed Kiara from the demon's claw, and the they were both flung to the side.[/i]

Heaven-Ash, Kiara is free, fall back and fight with your elemental magic.

[i]Both Ash and Heaven fell back from the enemy and Ash unleashed his elemental attacks, using ferocious fire attacks to inflict damage to the enemy and following them with gusts of wind to keep the monster at a safe distance. The beast was starting to gain its footing, and Ash was growing tired. Heaven grabbed Ashes shoulder, and using his healing magic, renewed Ashes vigor. It wasn't enough, however, and the monster now loomed right over Kool, who was trying to wake Kiara. As the monster struck at her, Kool shrieked. A blue aura of energy engulfed her and then absorbed the beast. The beast bellowed in agony and burst into flames....[/i][/color]

[I]Zack's men had succesfully raided the carvan...and now were trurning home across the plain...when they saw the battle going on between the demon and the adventures[/I]

Zack:...it is our duty to defend them...move!!

[I]Zack and his men unload thier weapons and march across the battle field[/I]

Zack:aim for it's eyes...we have fought one of these before....

[I]Zack and his men stop as the aura from Kool lights the creature on fire...unfortunetly it regains it's feet.[/I]

Zack:Attack!!

[I]Zack rushes foward, the 50 other members following. Zack barely dodges the stinger on the demons tail as he moves in close. He jumps over one of the pincers and unsheaths his sword at the last moment...He drives it into the creatures eye as the runes light up...The creature falls back in pain furiously trying to remove Zack's sword. As the runes flare to complete life the creature sends out a death scream...then hits the ground...ZAck retrieves his sword then walks up to heaven[/I]

Zack:....

Kool:...thank you

Zack:it was no problem...I think I will travel with your group Heaven..tonight would you join me at my village?

Heaven:I am not the leader...Kool is

Zack:then Kool?

Kool:we would be honored too...

[I]Zack's men walk back to the caravan and set off for the village with the group walking beside[/I]

Ash catches up with Zack

Ash: Thanks Zack

Zack: What for?

Ash: Saving Kiara.

Zack: Whya re you thanking me?

Ash: Because she won't. She maight not hink it but she does need help sometimes. And besides i got a crush on her (just adding a little romance to the RPG) so i'm gonna try to make sure that nothing happens to her while i'm around. Don't tell her though please Zack

Zack: Hey from one guy to another, you can count on me.

He winks and then walks off and Ash falls back to join the rest of his group

[color=indigo][i]Heaven is glad to have Zack's help. He and his men will be an invaluable resource. Heaven is very tired after healing Kiara and he tries to sleep, his last thoughts are of Kool, he is worried that she has too much pressure put on her and that he will not be able to protect her long enough...[/i][/color]

[I]Zack sits downstairs with eahc of them asleep in his rooms, he looks up as Kool comes downstairs[/I]

Zack:...can't sleep?

Kool:nope...Zack why do you lead your men?

[I]Zack looks at her surprised[/I]

Zack:why?

Kool:..because I have been made the leader of our group...and you lead those men...thought I might get some advice

Zack:I lead them because they asked me too...because I like to lead people...and this is where I was needed...

Kool:how do you lead them?...

Zack:that a tough one...all you can do is follow what your morals tell you...try to cater to everyones needs...but always remember what the long term goal is...when you lead you will make sacrifices...

Kool:...why do your men fight?...

Zack:...because...putting one man in charge of a small group is one thing...putting him in charge of kingdom is another...and with the way we are lead...corruption is bound...

Kool:what do you mean?

Zack:...the light king may be just...but who says his kids or thier kids will be?...he can't guarentee that...so we need to find a way in which more then one person has power...so if one becomes corrupt...the others can remove him...and we fight to defend our land....both kings have destroyed the land in a fight for the throne...we don't want that anymore....

[I]Zack looks over at Kool starting to drop off from exahuastion[/I]

Zack:...I will travel with you Kool...and help you lead if you wish it...but you need to sleep...go ahead and take my room...I have none others left...

Kool:where will you sleep?

Zack:I sleep very little these days...plus you are my guest...If I decide to sleep the floor is just as good as any bed to me...now go on...

Kool:...alright...thank you Zack..

Zack:yeah...

[I]Zack turns back to looking outside as Kool walks upstairs[/I]

Ash noticed Kiara wasn't in sight again. Curious, he stepped outside of the in. He was startled to notice a sudden angry glare and a flash of violet signaling Kiara's presense.

"What are you doing?" she snarled.

Ash held up his hands in a defensive guesture. "I thought you ran off agai-"

"If I left it was for my own reasons." she sneered. "..." her face relaxed some. The assassin turned away to leave when Ash grabbed her arm.

"Where are you going? At least tell me that."

Kiara spun back around, hand half-raised to slap him. She apparently decided otherwise, because she lowered her hand. "I stargaze." she said simply.

"Oh. Cool. Can I join you?"

"...whatever." .oO(Just as I thought. The idiot's lovestruck.)Oo. Kiara mused as she led him to her "spot"- on the roofs of the village. .oO(...)Oo. "Ash?"

"Yea?"

"...thanks for the help. But I'd appriciate if you'd let me fight my own battles from now on." her eyes glinted again. "...and I mean that literally."

"Huh? Wait! Where did she-?" Kiara had again vanished.

((Bleh. In every RP I'm in, my charas fall in love w/ somebody. Sorry, Ash, but she's hard to get! :haha: I'm not against romance, though. So yea, whatever...blah blah blah. n.n))

((Boshi...with the way your charecter is...she is supposed to be hard to get...just from the way you have been posting I knew...and so does Ash proubably that you will be hard to get...))

[I]Zack chuckles as he watches the two[/I]

Zack:so that the one the guy loves....

[I]Zack watches Ash stand thier for a while, starting at the stars[/I]

Zack:...he is going to have a hard time winning that one over...

[I]Zack shrugs and walks to a portion of the wall...and slides it open...He walks downstairs and looks over many maps, showing all the passages in the surrounding area...thier is also weapons, treausure and many other things in containers scattered around the room...this was his base of operations...Zack returned upstairs as he heard movement[/I]

[color=indigo][i]Heaven awakes. As he leaves his tent, Kiara passes by...[/i]

Heaven-Kiara where are...

Kiara-You men are all alike, quit trying to socalize with me..

Heaven-Actually, I wanted to know where the others are, we have to continue on.

[i]Heaven and Kiara go to join the others.[/i][/color]

Heaven walks over to see the rest but he sees Ash up on the roof and wakls inside to find the rest. He finds Zack sitting at a table downstairs.

Heaven: Where is everyone Zack? We've got to move out.

Zack: Can't it wait til morning? Everybody's exhausted and they need the rest to battle the dangers that lie ahead.

Heaven: Ok but we are leaving at sunrise.

Zack: Are you going to take one of the rooms upstairs?

Heaven: No i'll head back to my tent.

Zack: Ok i'll see you in the morning.

Heaven leaves and heads back to his tent. Zack goes to join Ash on the roof.

Zack: What are you doing?

Ash: Watching the stars. I think Kiara called it Star gazing

Zack: Mind if i join you?

Ash: Feel free

Kiara stepped upstairs, naught but a shadow as she picked a room. It was sparse, but she liked it that way. Shoving the sounds of the many heatbeats out of her mind, she closed her mind and concentrated.

Heaven's heartbeat was easy to find - it beat on a very different pulse than the others.

Next was the girl, Kool. Hers was slightly harder, but Kiara found it.

Zack and Ash were right next to eachother. At the thought of the latter, Kiara's lip curled. The idjit.

As for the one she had barely met...Misha...? He was far away. But having sensed him before, Kiara finally found it.

Having "checked" on the members of the group, Kiara allowed herself to relax, something she hadn't done for a while. The assassin drove anymore thoughts from her mind as she went to sleep the way she had for years - with one eye open.

[color=indigo][i]The suns rays peak over the horizon. As the group gathers to continue their journey, they see A small yet well armed cavalry heading towards them from the west. As the group nears the party sees the war banner of Alexander the Holy. As Alexanders men approach, Zack's men arm themselves, ready for a fight. The cavalry halts, three riders approach the camp and dismount.[/i]

Captain: All kneel before the rightful ruler of Terragard, Alexander.

[i]None of the party kneels, nor do Zack's men. The Captain begins to draw his weapon but is halted by the king[/i]

Alexander-While our army is much larger then there's, Captain, if you draw your sword I doubt any of us would survive the attack. Hello Heaven, it has been some time.

Heaven-Yes it has.

Alexander-And you must be Zack, you are the leader of the DeathCorpse, I must talk to you.

Zack-Yes come in private, Heaven will you join us.

Heaven-yes.

[i]After a long discussion, Alexander confides in Heaven and Zack that after Bastion's defeat he plans on turning the government over to the people. He then leaves the tent, leaving Zack with a shocked look on his face, and Heaven with an uneasy expression.[/i]

Zack[i]exstatic[/i]-This is too good to be true I can't believe it

Heaven-Don't[/color]

[I]Zack comes back to his senses as the King's party rides off[/I]

Zack:your right...

Heaven:why are you all of a sudden sober?

Zack:as I think about things more...I see the truth better...and I see this could easly be a lie...anyway get the party...and meet me in my house...

Heaven:ok...

[I]As everyone arrives at his house, and Kool comes down from up stairs. Zack opens the way to his conference room[/I]

Zack:this has all the maps we could find...on everywhere...

Ash:wow what is all this stuff??

[I]Ash points to the barrels all over the room[/I]

Zack:captured artifacts, loot, trinkets...everything we could salavge to help us...