OtakuBoards

Help with finding books.

TheResplendent

The way i see manga books is the same i see DVDs, it isn't worth watching/reading if its only parts of a greater series. Which is why i only buy box sets when it comes to anime. I was wondering if anyone knew of any places that has deals on manga's sold in it's entirety (Book 1 through whatever last book is) rather then buying them individually. I've searched on ebay and other auction sites and my results have been as succesful as finding every part of the series in the bookstores around here (i.e they haven't gotten naruto book 5-7 or Fullmetal Panic books 2-7 in months). Any help would be appreciated.

Well I'm not so sure about buying them all together but I but my manga at Borders and my anime at Best Buy.I may not have been a lot a help but I was just giving an idea and if you like it just PM me what anime or manga you like and I'll tell you if they got the whole series or not. :animesmil

amazon.com tends to have some really good deals on bundle packs, and even if you weren't gonna buy a bundle from them, they sell used stuff for really cheap (just got a Cardcaptor Sakura DVD in mint condition and in its original packaging for $1.97).

[SIZE=1]If it's a shorter series, like Card Captor Sakura and Magic Knight Rayearth, it is very possible to buy them in box sets. I have seen them, and I've been tempted to get them. I don't know about the price range, but it has to be something proportionate to buying all of the books individually. Maybe less, seeing as buying 6 DVDs for $30 only costs $120 in a box set.

All in a single book, however, might not be feasible. Seeing as how long each individual volume is, that would have to be one big book. If you want something like that, stick with the comics they sell. Each issue costs around $2, and some might eventually be compiled into a bigger volume.

For help, try the mainstream book stores, like Borders and Barnes and Noble. You might have some luck there. Also, I understand that Amazon.com is excellent for purchasing books of any sort, possibly manga included.[/SIZE]

I have seen two or three volume packs of manga, like .hack//Legend of the Twilight or Wolf's Rain in a box-set, but I don't think they sell (at least in America) bundles larger than that. Also, the ones I saw cost the same as if you bought them separately, only they came with a cardboard box worth about $1. The box art [I]was[/I] nice, though.

Most of the anime box sets i get are from amazon or ebay. They are really short on mangas (at least the ones i'm interested in) but i atleast know now how many books come in a volume for each one. I'm mainly looking for the Bleach and Kenshin books, i know there are a whole bunch of kenshin so i imagine that would be more difficult to get a hold of.

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ok, if you there is any store near you called "Borders," then that is the place to go. It pretty much always has what I'm looking for if I'm looking for something, and if I'm just looking, then I'll find new anime that I haven't seen before.

Borders. Go there. Now. :animesmil [/FONT][/COLOR]