OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! Grande Finale [E]

Sandy

Who do you want to win the "OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On!"?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the "OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On!"?

• Lara Croft (played by Doukeshi)
    • Ling Xiaoyu (played by Raiyuu)

[FONT=Century Gothic][center][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/logo.jpg[/IMG]

"Welcome to the big finish of the epic adventure that is known as [B]OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On![/B] I am your kuporrific host, Mog the Moogle! It's been a long journey lasting six months to get to this point, kupo. When the game started, there were eighteen contestants, all characters from various videogames, and all eager to show their skills and potency to become the [B]Ultimate Videogame Survivor[/B]. And here they all are, kupopop!"

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/allcharacters.jpg[/IMG]

"Now only two of them remain to face the final obstacle in their path to glory, kupo."

[B]Lara Croft[/B] & [B]Ling Xiaoyu[/B]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/small-Lara.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/small-Xiaoyu.jpg[/IMG]

"Now it's your chance to have your word in this game, my kupoed OtakuBoard users. You have time until next [B]Wednesday[/B] to vote which of these two videogame ladies will win the title of the [B]Ultimate Videogame Survivor[/B], along with all the honor and appreciation that comes with it, kupo."

"People can also use this thread to ask questions from the two finalists, or just to give congratulations and comments to them."

"But now, without further kuponess, it's time to vote."

[SIZE=3][I]Game On![/I][/SIZE]
[/center][/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Well that?s a twist I didn?t expect. ^_^ I?ve been following this since it started and I?ve really enjoyed reading it as everyone has been so creative with their characters.

I certainly think the two finalists did an awesome job. Good luck to both of you. ^_~ [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Yosh! And now here it all comes to an end, I always wanted to follow this story and I did, then I forgot..then I did again...and forgot again..and now when I plan to finish it is already over? Well then its till the next survivor. I have to say that this has to be the only long lasting and yet still good quality rp I have seen since I came to the boards late last summer. Congratulations everyone

....Ph34r M4 Vo73[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]Congratulations to the both of you, you're both very deserving of your positions, I know for sure. May the best Survivor win!

I'm gonna ask you guys a question, although it's very overused, I can't really think of anything better. Ok.

[B]Why do you think the other contestant should get the title of Survivor instead of you? Give examples and reasons.[/b][/COLOR]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Purple]Xiaoyu closed her eyes and pondered Yuna's question for a moment. She'd never expected to get this far, but now she was here she was determined to do her best, so where she would normally have blurted out the first answer that came into her head, she thought carefully before replying,

[B]"Lara should win because she's actually serious about the game. I came to have fun, and I did, loads of fun! But that means basically I just enjoyed myself and somehow ended up here in the final. I think Lara played the game properly. She tried really hard, so she should win! And she obviously knows more about videogames than me, 'cos she won that last challenge and I lost,"[/B] she ended ruefully.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[size=1]My vote is cast...to be honest, having played alongside both of you, I can't think of two contestants more deserving of the victory. I can tell it's gonna be tough, and I imagine it will be a close-fought thing, but to be honest I would have been happy if either of you won.

There are no questions I can ask that would help me make my decision, so I'm going to leave it with this:

[/size][center]Congratulations to both of you

[left][size=1]I could tell right from the time I got whipped in the MarioKart challenge that it could come down to this, but I have to say that I wouldn't have wanted to be whipped by anyone else.

Thanks for the year and a half of entertainment, both participating and watching. It's been a mighty fine run.
[/size][/left]
[/center]

[SIZE=1]Lara smiled warmly, recalling the experiences she had with Ling.

"She deserves to win because Ling is thoroughly inexhaustable. With all the energy she possesses she gave everything to this game and still came out smiling. Entertaining, determined and eternally upbeat, she deserves to win because I can't think of anyone else more deserving."

A small blush crept across the Tomb Raiders cheeks as she absorbed the sincerity of her comments. Clearing her throat with an embarassed motion Lara murmered something incoherent before waving the attention away.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#503F86]Whoo, this is a tough vote >.>;

*makes choice*

I have two questions for the finalists: [b]Is there anything you can attribute your successes to?[/b] and [b]If you could share your victory with anyone, who would it be?[/b]

Well done to you both ^_^ It's been fantastic to read and play- I don't think any RPG has made me religiously read every post as thoroughly as I have in this one.[/COLOR]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Congratulations to you both, you're very deserving of the places you got to.

Now, before I cast my vote I'd like you to answer my question after you answer Solo's. [b]If you could re-do one thing during the course of the game, what would it be and why?[/b]

Once again, grats to the two of you. ^_^[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]I?ve been following this from the very beginning and I?ve really enjoyed it. So my question to the finalists is this:

[B]Out of all the participants, who do you think was the most creative with their posts, or rather who was the most memorable or outstanding in your mind? [/B]

Now to make my choice, since both finalists are outstanding, that?s not easy to do! Good luck to both of you. ^_~ *finally decides and places her vote*[/COLOR]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Purple][quote name='Solo/Krystal][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I have two questions for the finalists: [B]Is there anything you can attribute your successes to?[/B][/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote][B]"Umm ... I think people sort of didn't notice me,"[/B] replied Xiaoyu. [B]"I didn't really do much near the beginning, I just sort of ... messed around ... and with so many other people, no one thought to vote me off! Plus, I was really lucky with my teams - the Heroines just kept winning everything, so no one had to get voted off, so I was safe."[/B]

[quote name='Solo/Krystal][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]...and [B]If you could share your victory with anyone, who would it be?[/B][/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]Xiaoyu only had to think for a moment. [B]"Ada!"[/B] she answered. [B]"We made friends hunting mushrooms and then we were on the Heroines team together! Umm,"[/B] she hesitated bashfully, [B]"is it okay to just say that 'cause we're friends?"[/B]

[quote name='White/Mario][FONT=Arial][COLOR=DimGray][B]If you could re-do one thing during the course of the game, what would it be and why?[/B][/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]Xiaoyu looked a little shy. [B]I think I let my team down a couple of times,"[/B] she said. [B]"I did stuff without really thinking ... like when I got caught in that net in the forest, or when I tried to fight that troll on my own and Ada had to magic me back to life. So I guess what I'd change would be, that I'd think more and be more cautious near the beginning of the game. Does that count as one thing?"[/B]

[quote name='SunfallE][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][B]Out of all the participants, who do you think was the most creative with their posts, or rather who was the most memorable or outstanding in your mind?[/B][/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote][B]"Krystal was the best at that!"[/B] decided Xiaoyu. [B]"When she had to fight that woman with the scary mouth, she was awesome! It was really exciting. I really didn't wanna vote her off, but she would've beaten me!"[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

I feel the need for some out-of-character posting to answer these, since in-character I can't give people the kudos I'd like to, heh. I've made a friend in JJ through the game, and he's helped by being my sounding board for some of my dumber ideas for posts even after he got evicted, which is the 'real-life' reason behind my answer to Solo's second question. And there's no doubt in my mind that Solo's more deserving of a place in the final than me, if only for that outstanding post in the [B]Battle Royale[/B] challenge. I think he's the most consistently excellent writer of any of the contestants in the game.
[RIGHT][/sycophancy][/RIGHT]

[font=Century Gothic]Mog the Moogle looked at the scoreboard and sighed.

"Kupo... It looks like we have to keep up the suspense for at least another day, because the votes are kupolly even! People, the winner could be either one of these two, so vote and keep your [i]Game On[/i]!"[/font]

[COLOR=Indigo]It?s certainly been enjoyable following this event. Both finalists deserve to win but since I can only vote for one I will do so. (places her vote as well)

Thanks to everyone who participated. I enjoyed every minute of it. I certainly hope you host another Survivor game later this year Sandy. [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][QUOTE=Solo/Krystal ][COLOR=#503F86] [b]Is there anything you can attribute your successes to?[/b] and [b]If you could share your victory with anyone, who would it be?[/b]
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[B]"Would it be wrong of me to attribute my success to my outstanding skill and excellence in all areas?" [/B] Lara chuckled softly and shook her head [B]"Honestly I would like to thank my team mates in the Adventurers and the Heroines for my success. Without both my teams winning most of the challenges I would have no doubt been voted off near the very beginning. I was very lucky."[/B]
Smiling whistfully Lara turned her attention to the second question. [B]"If I could share my victory with anyone it would probably have to be you Krystal. I think we worked well together, you and I, from the very beginning."[/B]

[quote name='White/Mario][COLOR=Gray][b]If you could re-do one thing during the course of the game, what would it be and why?[/b][/COLOR'] [/quote]
Lara grinned [B]"Probably not in the sense you're thinking, Mario, but I would love to do the Double Dash race again, just because it was so much fun. I must say for a plumber you really can drive."[/B]

[quote name='SunfallE/Link][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][b]Out of all the participants, who do you think was the most creative with their posts, or rather who was the most memorable or outstanding in your mind?[/b][/COLOR'] [/quote]
Lara frowned, and brought a finger to her chin, a small humming sound signalling her thought. [B]"An interesting question. I think the most memorable would probably be Shadow, simply for his utter surlyness yet competative spirit. More than once have I found his bitter arguments to be a little more than amusing."[/B]

[B]"It was wonderful to compete with all of you, both as opponents and as team mates. I could not have asked for better teams nor for better challenges and I have enjoyed every single moment. Thank you."[/B][/SIZE]

[font=Century Gothic]The atmosphere in the studio was getting intensive and anxious. The crowd cheered at the two finalists who stood on the center of the stage, holding hands. Mog the Moogle tried to speak to the audience, but had to resort to a gaint megaphone to get his squeaky voice heard.

[i]"AHEM!!! YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE, KUPO!!!"[/i]

The audience fell silent, with the exception of Ling's Panda who still clapped her mighty paws before getting shushed by Yoshimitsu.

"Thank you, kupo. We now have the results. If the two finalists would turn to face the screen behind you, kupo..."

The screen lit up, showing the game's logo.

"The winner of the OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! along with the title of the Ultimate Videogame Survivor [I]is[/I]..."

Lara Croft and Ling Xiaoyu looked at each other smiling.

Then the picture of the winner flashed on the screen.
[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/final1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

The audience gave a standing ovation to the spunky fighter, who had fell to her knees.

"Congratulations, kupo! Ling Xiaoyu, after experiencing a half-year long adventure that has taken its toll on all of us, yet hopefully given us everybody much more, all I can ask now is [I]how does it feel to win?[/I]"[/font]

[SIZE=1]Lara smiled when she saw Ling's image appear upon the giant screen. Turning to her opponent she drew the young girl into a fierce embrace, laughing softly as Ling squeaked in surprise. Drawing back Lara placed her hands on Lings shoulders.

[B]"Congratulations, you have earned this honour. There are absolutely no hard feelings."[/B]

Stepping down from the stage Lara waved graciously at the cheering crowd, allowing Ling to take centre stage.[/SIZE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Purple][B]"I'm ... the ... wha ... um ... [I]wha?"[/I][/B]

All the former contestants took out cameras to capture this once-in-a-lifetime moment: Ling Xiaoyu, utterly lost for words. She blinked at the lightning storm of flashes and clicking shutters.

[B]"Hey, you guys!"[/B] she yelled, rubbing her eyes. [B]"Now all I can see is a load of little purple squares!"[/B]

The general laughter let the girl catch her breath, and as it died down she did her best to answer Mog's question.

[B]"Um ..."[/B]

With everyone's eyes on her, Ling realised the last thing she wanted to do now was talk. Standing all alone on the podium and making an embarrassing speech didn't feel like much of a prize!

[B]"Um, look, you guys,"[/B] she said, [B]"I hate speeches ... and since I'm prob'ly not gonna see you guys again for a while ... let's have a great big group hug instead!"[/B]

Needing no further encouragement, the audience invaded the stage, mass-glomping the Ultimate Videogame Survivor. Mog fluttered into the air to try and avoid being trampled, but Ling, planting her feet goodness knew where to gain a bit of height, plucked the furry creature from the air by his pom-pom.

[B]"Just 'cause you're the host doesn't mean you get out of the group hug!"[/B] she scolded the little fuzzball, before holding him aloft and yelling to the crowd at large, [B]"hey everyone! It's the guy that made us eat mushrooms and fight monsters and get shot at by the Mafia! I think we should give him a really [I]intense[/I] hug, right?"[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

[B]OOC:[/B] Heh, thanks for the great finish, Raiyuu, and congratulations again on winning the whole game. It truly has been a long, long journey, but hey - we made it!

I'd like to thank everybody who were involved in this from the bottom of my heart; this wouldn't have happened without your magnificent effort. Thank you [B]Raiyuu[/B], thank you [B]Doukeshi[/B] (for the logo as well), thank you [B]Sakura[/B], thank you [B]Solo Tremaine[/B], thank you [B]White[/B], thank you [B]Baron Samedi[/B], thank you [B]Blayze[/B], thank you [B]JJ[/B], thank you [B]Desbreko[/B], thank you[B] Outlaw[/B], thank you [B]KKC[/B], thank you [B]Ezekiel[/B], thank you [B]Rapture Ruckus[/B], thank you [B]Unborn Lord Xion[/B], thank you [B]Aizen[/B], thank you [B]Kitty[/B], thank you [B]Sinistra[/B] and thank you [B]JimiWiggy11[/B]. I also want to thank [B]James[/B] for the initial idea when I began pondering what type of Survivor I'd do next, and of course all of those people who joined our adventures by reading the threads.

Thank you, and kupo, and [size=3][I]Game Over![/I][/size]