OtakuBoards

Rushing into a relationship

Guest Gun Preacher

Guest Gun Preacher
recently i have met a old friend of my who i had deep deep deeeeeeeeeeppppp feelings for.

and on the second day i was at my new school after being kicked out of my old one and i had asked her to be my girlfriend and my mom thinks i rushed into a relationship so what should i do what my mom wants our stick to my heart and see were it goes from here.

To me I think you should take it slow andsee what the future has for you two.Your heart will tell you in time and that's from a girl's percepctive. I think you and your girlfriend will have a great time with eachother and if you need anymore help just PM me 'kay? And just remember I'm here for you as a friend.

[quote name='Lord of Spirits']To me I think you should take it slow andsee what the future has for you two.Your heart will tell you in time and that's from a girl's percepctive. I think you and your girlfriend will have a great time with eachother and if you need anymore help just PM me 'kay? And just remember I'm here for you as a friend.[/quote]

It almost sounds like you feel bad for him for him.

Either way, I think you did kinda. Me myself would feel really guilty because of my Mom.
But I would say take to rope and run with it, hopefully the rope never ends, maybe the rope is cut short, but you can try.

[COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]Well. Maybe.
If the feelings were mutually the same, like you guys saw eachother and said "Dang.I love you." Then no.

But, if she thought "Oh.There is my friend Gun Preacher. Its nice to see him again." rather than "Oh god.Gun Preacher, what a fox. I want that kid." Then maybe.

Really it depends on her feelings too. If she said yes because she liked you too, then no, you didn't rush.
If she said yes just because she felt the need to have a boyfriend, then, you might want to think and talk about what your relationship is about.

This is a hard situation.I know that what I said would only work on TV. Because some people are sensative.

So, to summarize. Her feelings matter in this too.If you don't think she will be offended or hurt, talk to her.
Actually still talk to her. And your mom.

Hope this helps, but it probably won't[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

I'll go with Momiji on this one. It has to do not only with your feelings, but hers as well. This might be something you want to discuss with her. Though I can hardly be one to talk, since I kinda rushed into my own relationship, but now were working our way through it and getting better and a little bit closer all the time.

So take it from someone who has some experience with going in too fast. This needs to be a team effort from both of you. You need to go to her and ask her how she feels and if she thinks there is a chance that the two of you could have a future together.

[QUOTE=Gun Preacher]recently i have met a old friend of my who i had deep deep deeeeeeeeeeppppp feelings for.

and on the second day i was at my new school after being kicked out of my old one and i had asked her to be my girlfriend and my mom thinks i rushed into a relationship so what should i do what my mom wants our stick to my heart and see were it goes from here.[/QUOTE]
[size=1][B]Rule number one when it comes to relationships:[/B]

Don't ask your parents for advice. Never. It brings pain and stress upon yourself. Honestly, you tell your parents something wanting their two cents in return, you get the whole dollar back. The contant nagging, the smirks, their adding in their thoughts when they're not welcome -- all of that stresses things more than necessary.

That's just my personal experience, maybe you have one of them newfangled 'cool' moms.[/size]

I will second that motion. I have made it my personal goal to keep my parents as minimally involved with my personal life as possible. I didn't even let them know I had a GF until almsot four months after we started dating and I still don't let them know what's going on between us. My brother made the msitake of going to them once and now two years later they still feel the need to push out these unwanted tips and tricks. It's more then you ever want from your parents.

[font=trebuchet ms]I was sort of in the same boat as you recently. I have liked a certain friend of mine, we'll call her "M," for about a year and a half. One of M's friends told me a little over a month ago that M had developed a crush for me. I took the opportunity and asked her out. She said yes, and we had one good night together. The next time I got in contact with her, she broke up with me, saying that she rushed in without thinking. I found out the rest of the story by myself that there was another guy who she liked more than me, and he asked her out. So, I was #2 in this situation.

So, from my experience, if it feels like you're rushing into something, just wait. And yes, I wouldn't even tell your parents that you like someone in the first place. It's at least twice the drama than you need.[/font]

[size=1]Parents are funny. My dad usually assumes that if I even so much as go hang out with a girl, that we are dating. Which is funny considering I did theater at an all-girl high school. So I must have dated a lot of girls, at the same time even, according to that logic.

Rushing into a relationship isn't bad as long as you slow down right away. Keep it an open-ended relationship at first, and 'test the waters' so to speak to make sure there's nothing that would end the relationship faster than it even started. Once you [i]both[/i] think that being exclusive to each other is the right idea, then you're good.[/size]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]If that's rushing into things, then man is doomed. You followed your heart. There's nothing wrong with that. Now, if you had asked her sleep with your something, that'd be rushing.Your mother just doesn't want either of you to get hurt. I say, smooth move buddy. Good luck with that.[/COLOR]