OtakuBoards

Old favorite games

Hanabishi Recca

Do you remember?
Back in the 1990's the best games came out.

What was your favorite?

I think that super punchout was one of the greatest games for the reason that it was one of the first games I played. I loved all the old type games.

I liked Zelda:A Link to the Past! It was one of the greatest hits. It was so good, Wow.

I also like Punchout. I didn't play it when I was young, but I played it on animal crossing XD!

So, whats your favorite(s)?

I was quite the N64 fan back then. Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask make my list, those took up so many hours of my life. I also like most of the platformers on that system, like Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, Yoshi Story, and, of course, Super Mario 64. It's a pity there's no good platformers around anymore. I loved 007: Goldeneye and Pefect Dark, to this day the best first-person shooters ever. I also liked Jet Force Gemini, Mischeif Makers, Mario Party (Redefining "guilty pleasure" as we know it), and Mario Kart. There's only one PS1 game worthy of making it onto my list, and if you can't see it coming I don't know where you were in the 90's. Final Fantasy VII. It totally redefined the RPG, the Playstation, and the gaming industry.

Hoo boy. I remember playing Bubble Bobbles with my little sister when I was a brat on the NES. I was very fond of Duck Hunt and pretty good at it too. Yes, I know it's wrong to enjoy shooting helpeless little ducks for seemingly no reason other than to score points but...ugh now I feel bad. ><; I liked playing the old Zelda games too.

As for my favorite game, I can't remember which I enjoyed more, Mario bros or those old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade games. I played Atari games too...Asteroids and Tempest were fun. Lunar Lander was a pain in the butt though.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]I think the first old school game I ever played was Tetris for a really crap Macintosh, back in like '91.

If you want to get technical, like on a SNES. The first games I ever saw were Megaman, I didn't play, I just watched my brother. We were renting the SNES from Blockbuster (do they still do that?). When we actually got a Super Nintendo a year or two later, the first games I really remember are like the best RPGs ever (in my opinion anyways) and they're pretty rare, I guess. My favorite was Earthbound, then there was Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, and Legend of Gaea. Truly legends in their time. That was my first dose of RPGs and I love them ever since. Then me and my brother got stupid and sold our SNES and all our games, for a N64. Dumbest move ever.

The plus side was that our SNES system and controllers only sold for $50 altogether. But, every single one of those RPGs sold for $50 [B]EACH[/B]. Made $200 off of them... But, if you ever have a chance, you should really track down and play or buy these games.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B](Original) Gameboy:[/B]
- Tiny Toons Montana's Movie Madness
- Tetris
- The Little Mermaid
- Kirby's Dream Land
- Looney Toons
- Speedy Gonzales
- Mario World

[B]Sega Genesis[/B]
- Sonic The Hedgehog (1,2,3)
- Sonic and Knuckles
- Ecco The Dolphin
- Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
- Earthworm Jim
- Mortal Kombat
- Toe Jam and Earl
- Ren and Stimpy: Stimpy's Invention

[B]N64[/B]
- Goldeneye 007
- Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time
- Silicon Valley
- Mario 64
- Mariokart 64
- Mario Party
- Banjo & Kazooie

I miss my Sega Genisis. It freakin ruled. I still miss my N64 too. It's at home.
I have my PS2 and GBA here. But thinkin of all these old games just brings back such fond old memories. I swear I must be the only one who remembers some of these games. Lets hope not, some of the older people here might know what I'm talkin about.

Guest Stafal-chan
^_^ hee hee well i was only born in '90 but i played Sega when i was a kid ^_^ hee hee i loved Sonic ^_^ i might have played the SNES a little bit too don't remeber i wasn't really into video games when i was little ^_^

[B](Original) Gameboy:[/B]
- Tetris - How could I ever forget it?

- Mario World - I don't remember that many games :o I do remember this one.

Sega genesis? What did it look like?

[B]N64[/B]
- Goldeneye 007 - Best FPS in 'our' time.
- Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time - Best adveture game in 'our' time.
- Silicon Valley - What is this game about?
- Mario 64 - Yeah :)
- Mariokart 64 - Let someone borrow it. He never came back... :o
- Mario Party - Oh, so many broken coltrolers.
- Banjo & Kazooie - I am the only one in the family to like this game v.v

There has to be someone out there that knows more than me. I was only born in 1992.

Those games were great. Or atleast the ones I remember.

There was also:

Old Nintendo:

The Legend of Zelda
Zelda 2
Punchout
Donkey-kong
Balloon flight
Metroid

Also 1942 [I am not sure what system].

Guest Stafal-chan
[quote name='Alchemist1080']Well, I practically grew up with Teenage mutant Ninja Turtles and Mortal Kombat. Those were my all time favorite games when I was a kid. I would always beat my cousin and his friends with that game.[/quote]

oh yeah mortal combat ^_^ haha yeah i played that one alot too ^_^ ...i quite enjoyed donkey kong for the N64 too ^_^

[color=darkred]Just a reminder, posts merely stating lists of games are not encouraged, especially in threads like this, so any further lists will result in the thread getting closed. Of course, it's okay if you make lists explaining [i]why[/i] you like them. Ta.[/color]

[quote name='PaganAngel']Hm... am I the only one who got those blisters from heck after rotating the control stick in Mario Party? *sigh* So many hours I've played that game...[/quote]

Ah, yes.

Your not the only one. Me and my brothers also got them. My biggest brother broke a controller, because he lost. Yeah, MP was a ver very anger-ious game. It made the loser-s so mad. Grr.

[QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]Ah, yes.

Your not the only one. Me and my brothers also got them. My biggest brother broke a controller, because he lost. Yeah, MP was a ver very anger-ious game. It made the loser-s so mad. Grr.[/QUOTE]

It was rather aggravating, wasn't it? I've rotated one of my control sticks so much that the control stick is broken... seriously, the thing is limp and unusable. Naturally, whenever we play a 2-player game, my brother gives me that controller. That game, though... *fumes* it was never fun to play alone. Being able to go "IN YOUR FACE!" at a real human being was priceless. Making your brother have to go to Bowser instead of Toad... stealing a star from a best friend... being the winner of the Mini-Game star award... it was just all so personal. It became less a game of strategy and more a game of revenge before long.

[quote name='PaganAngel']It was rather aggravating, wasn't it? I've rotated one of my control sticks so much that the control stick is broken... seriously, the thing is limp and unusable. Naturally, whenever we play a 2-player game, my brother gives me that controller. That game, though... *fumes* it was never fun to play alone. Being able to go "IN YOUR FACE!" at a real human being was priceless. Making your brother have to go to Bowser instead of Toad... stealing a star from a best friend... being the winner of the Mini-Game star award... it was just all so personal. It became less a game of strategy and more a game of revenge before long.[/quote]

Your so right.
The stick [on the controler] was really limp on ours too. >.>
I didn't think its was from that. There are alot of games that are like that.
I was playing Mario Advanced in the car once. I got so mad at that stupid little one inch card. Grr...

Going back to MP, your right that it became less strategy. We played Mario Party 4 [I think]. My brother [middle one] beat my other brother [oldest]. He was so mad. But my oldest brother beat me and middle man on every other Mario Party. So I don't know.

[color=#4B0082]Heheh, I've also got some great memories of playing Mario Party 2. One time me, two of my friends, and my brother got together and ended up staying up to about 5:30 AM playing a 50 turn game on the Space Land board. I don't even remember who ended up winning now, but it seemed like our first priority was not to get the most stars directly, but to sabotage the others so they'd get less.

Alliances were made and broken within only a few turns. Stars were stolen. 2 vs. 2 minigames were thrown. Much plotting and scheming was no doubt taking place in their twisted little minds, the same as in my own. And tears were nearly shed when three of us had 100+ coins and got hit with Bowser's big beam thing that takes all your coins. It was the Mario Party to end all Mario Parties.

No, really, I've just never been able to have as much fun with the Mario Party games since then. Maybe it's because the concept has gotten stale for us (MP2 was the first one any of us had played), but not too long ago the same four of us were sitting around playing games and one of them dragged out Mario Party 6, I think it was. I just couldn't bring myself to care about what was happening, which made it really boring.

Oh, but no blisters from playing. Mario Party 2 did away with the "rotate the control stick" mini-games. In their stead, we got the "mash the A button" ones. Which I owned at. :toothy:[/color]

Only game(s) I can really remember from way back and liked is Mike Tyson's Punch Out. That game pissed me off, but was still fun to play because of the faces they (the opponents) made when you went for an uppercut and such. Too bad I can't play it anymore seeing that my old Nintendo sort of burned out.

Another would be Street Fighters II. Perhaps still my favorite fighting game till this day. I remember that I would always pick Ken or Ryu and unleash on somebody. Whether it was a friendly player or the computer. I racked up a 42-4 record with Ryu before.... And then I was grounded the next day for cussing out my brother afterwards.... ^^.

That's about all I can remember for now.