OtakuBoards

The N64-a disappointment?

Sephiroth

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]well yes it was just a visual update... along w/ gameplay and a bunch of other things.... just like zelda was... thou they are both wonderful games... i prefer FF over zelda... hard choice yes... but cheaper games and longer games wins lol... thou i respect anyone who thinks different of me[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't mind you liking FF more than Zelda, but Zelda: OoT was far more than just a visual update.

Zelda: OoT invented so many new gameplay concepts which other games have immitated. The idea of real-time, day to night sequences...that was effectively started with Ocarina of Time.

The famous Z-Targeting system started with OoT, which many games have copied (including games such as Syphon Filter).

So Zelda 64 was the far more innovative game. But as for whichever is the best...that's hard to say.

I like both equally and for different reasons.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by lil_hell4t [/i]
[B]i dont own an n64 my self but have played one manytimes with a freind.:sleep: :sleep: ..ahem anywayz..n64 itself may b a dissapointment..but smash bros sure isnt..that game rox :p :cool: :devil: [/B][/QUOTE]

I think that if a system only has one good game...then it's not really a dissappointment.

N64 had plenty of innovative, fun games.

[QUOTE] Origianlly posted by James:
[B]I think that if a system only has one good game...then it's not really a dissappointment. [/B] [/QUOTE]

I think that if you asked me what quality games where on the N64 I would fill up the screen. (Of course Im exagerating (sp) but thats how good the N64 was)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by lil_hell4t [/i]
[B]i think that all the new consoles like the ps2 and gamecube are making n64 look kinda disapoiting ,but that doesnt mean it is a disapointment...many goood games on it :p :cool: :devil: [/B][/QUOTE]

Well of course they are. They are next generation consoles, N64 is not.

It's not like N64 is competing with PS2, that's GameCube's job.

I mean, you could say that N64 made SNES look dissappointing because it's more powerful, but it's an irrelevant point.

You have to look at the console on its own and consider if it was worth the money. And I think most N64 owners would say yes, it was worth the money.