OtakuBoards

I find this amusing

SSJ5 Vegeta

With all this talk about the war in Afghanistan, people opposing it and stuff, forming opinions about it, wether we should or shouldn't bomb them, wether we should put Bin Laden on trial or kill him on site.

I find it amusing that my 4 year old cousin is smarter than 90% of you people out there. He doesn't care about debating the fact wether we should fight over there or not, he doesn't care what kind of weapons we're using on them. All he knows is that, a plane hit a building and killed a lot of people and that is bad, he knows that killing is bad. He doesn't care about debating, he knows that killing other people is wrong. He doesn't discriminate against other races now because of it, he doesn't go around protesting the war because of it or arguing with his fellow americans, he doesn't argue over where united way funds should go to help families, or hog cash sent in by people to help other people, he just knows "That a bad man made a plane hit a building and killed alot of people, and people that are hurt need help." Just something I thought I'd share. He seems more intelligent than 90% of the population right now that are bickering like a bunch of... well... children.

[color=orangered][size=1]I see what you mean, but it's kind of an irrelevant point that you're making.

I mean, it's all very well to say "a bad man hit the big building" etc etc. That's fine for a four year old to understand.

However, it's a very complex issue. People always try to make it more black & white...but it's something that people discuss because it relates to their own way of life...and it relates to the way that countries deal with each other.

So I think there is room for debate and discussion. If adults looked at life in such a simplistic way, things would be much more difficult for everyone...

I wouldn't say that your cousin is smarter than 90% of people just because of the basic fact that he understands. I think it's great that he doesn't discriminate against anyone (we need a lot more people like that in the world, definitely), but it is just a little ridiculous to compare a child's understanding of the situation to a multi-faceted discussion whereby adults may have lots of different opinions.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=orangered][size=1]I see what you mean, but it's kind of an irrelevant point that you're making.

I mean, it's all very well to say "a bad man hit the big building" etc etc. That's fine for a four year old to understand.

However, it's a very complex issue. People always try to make it more black & white...but it's something that people discuss because it relates to their own way of life...and it relates to the way that countries deal with each other.

So I think there is room for debate and discussion. If adults looked at life in such a simplistic way, things would be much more difficult for everyone...

I wouldn't say that your cousin is smarter than 90% of people just because of the basic fact that he understands. I think it's great that he doesn't discriminate against anyone (we need a lot more people like that in the world, definitely), but it is just a little ridiculous to compare a child's understanding of the situation to a multi-faceted discussion whereby adults may have lots of different opinions.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

My point is he doesn't form useless opinions. Maybe if adults thought more like him the world would be a better place.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ5 Vegeta [/i]
[B]

My point is he doesn't form useless opinions. Maybe if adults thought more like him the world would be a better place. [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah he does. his opinion is pointless, since it doesn't back anything up at all. saying that he is smarter isn't true at all because other people look at it deepley. sure there are the few that really dont' know what they're talking about at all, but most of them are just forming opinions. and you think those are dumb.

also for the world being a better place, i don't think so. what if your cousin was the ruler of like pakistan, and he thought "we'll just blow up the US [with a nuclear bomb], and that will be the end of that, no questions asked." that's what a 4 year old might think.

[B]My point is he doesn't form useless opinions. [/B][/QUOTE]
I agree with you that all this Bin Laden/Terrorism stuff is lame and I wish that instead of debating, people would write profound essays like yours on Punk and Homework.

[B]

My point is he doesn't form useless opinions. Maybe if adults thought more like him the world would be a better place. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats where you are wrong... for the fact is, no opinion is useless...

If adults thought more like, we'd be playing with Tonka trucks 24/7 and riding on Power Wheels.

And most of the people deabting know a hell of alot more then you and me.

[quote][b]All he knows is that, a plane hit a building and killed a lot of people and that is bad, he knows that killing is bad. He doesn't care about debating, he knows that killing other people is wrong.[/b][/quote]

Ok... and I wonder if he supports or knows about the US in their bombing and KILLING of Taliban members?...

Your cousin probably thinks that way because someone told him to.. I'm not bashing your cousin... I'm saying, a 4 year old normally isn't smart enough to indulge the mind into creating an opinion for themselves.. And will believe or follow what their parents, or someone else, tells them to...

Alot of people are debating over why this happened, and what will happen as a result of it, not the incident itself.... thats really nobodys concern anymore. But whatever, thats what people are mostly debating on... not that some "bad man had two planes hit buildings."

I have a feeling that this could become a heated topic so I will put in my two bits early.
[quote][i]Posted by ssj5 Vegita[/i]
[b]. He seems more intelligent than 90% of the population right now that are bickering like a bunch of... well... children.[/b][/quote]

I find offense in this remark for several reasons. I am sure that your cousin is very bright but the fact remains that he is four years old and he has no idea of the implications of what happened on Sept. 11. You are saying that America is bickering like a bunch of children but I see a country that has become a hundred times more patriotic and more compassionate then it has been in my life time. Politicians have been brought together and have stoped bickering over party politics and have,together, sought for a resolution to these conflicts. Peoples overall feeling of America's armed forces and law enfocement is one of pride instead of mistrust. And while innocent Afgahnastan lives are being lost due to bombing raids by the US our country is also making an effort to help Afgahny people with releif aid. I would like to known exactly when Afgahnastan sent us aid after the terrorists that they harbor slaugherted thousands of innocent people.