OtakuBoards

I need help with my memory card...

Ol' Fighter

I've had the same thing happen to me before. You could try blowing into it...might be a dust issue but if that doesn't work then sorry, you're more than likely going to have to buy a new memory card.

Edit: Does the problem occur with every game you try to load/save?

Yeah, then I'd say you're good old memory card has had it. I could be wrong but when that happened to me and I asked about it I was told by the guy working at Gamestop that it was time for a new Memory Card. =( Got a new one and I haven't had probs with it for over three years now.

[size=1][color=slategray]I hear that's been happening with a lot of people's memory cards, lately. My data for Soul Calibur 3, for example, was corrupt. All you can really do about it is erase the data that is corrupt and start from scratch. It totally suckles, but that's as much as I can help you. Sorry.[/color][/size]

What kinds of memory cards are you guys getting or does it not matter what memory card you purchase? I'm only asking this mostly out of curiousity. We have Sony memory cards and a couple Madkatz (sp?). My Madkatz lasted longer than my Sony cards...but maybe I was just lucky and took really good care of it.

[quote name='ashwolf']What kinds of memory cards are you guys getting or does it not matter what memory card you purchase? I'm only asking this mostly out of curiousity. We have Sony memory cards and a couple Madkatz (sp?). My Madkatz lasted longer than my Sony cards...but maybe I was just lucky and took really good care of it.[/quote]

[size=1][color=slategray]I use Sony cards. Our house has a bad history with Madkatz products, with malfunctioning and such. I've never had any problems with corrupted data files until Soul Calibur 3, everything else has been fine. So I don't really know what to say. All I know is Sony works fine for me.[/color][/size]

Actually, Soul Calibur III has a technical error that sometimes corrupts save files. The problem lies somewhere in the Chronicles of the Sword -part of the game. My first save file got corrupted as well, but after I deleted it and started all over, it's been working with no problems.

I'm no expert when it comes to stuff like this, but at least in SCIII's case, the corruption is the game's fault, not the memory card's.

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Woah, if it has been happening with alot of people's Memory cards I had better watch out, Almost my whole life is on my memory card. Yet for Soul Caliber 3 I have beaten the Chronicles of the Sword completly and all the saves that I have had have for the most part been rather fine and all. I am using the black 8MB memory card for the most part it hasnt done anything wrong as in saving corrupt files. Perhaps it could be something wrong with the PS2? Maybe something inside of it had failed and it happened to be something that was used in the process of saving games?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
WAAAAAAA IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!! My stupid memory card that I just recently purchased(8mbfor PS2)for freaking $25 somehow got corruped data in it I'm guessing it happened when I was playing Metal Gear 3 and I already tried deleting it...it's...very vexing... :animesighand on top of that I was pretty far in the game too...please if someone knows how to get rid of it help me out...

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well in that case seeing as how buying a new memory card didn't help the saving at all. The only other reason would have to be that your PS2 is saving files incorectly. Perhaps something broke inside it, something got cracked or something along those lines. The only kind of help that I can even think of giving you is get your PS2 taken into a repair shop to get it fixed or just get a newe PS2 entirely.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Did you by any chance accidently remove the memory card while saving or copying data? Games always warn you about it. If you did it damages the MC and the system so thats probaly what happened. If the new MC dosent work get a new PS2 theya re about $130 nothing outrageous.[/COLOR]