Republic endlessly debates
this alarming chain of events,
the Supreme Chancellor has
secretly dispatched two Jedi
Knights, the guardians of
peace and justice in the
galaxy, to settle the conflict...[/FONT][/SIZE]

[size=1]|[B]Prologue[/B]|[/CENTER]

My newest RPG sortie into the Star Wars universe in one I've actually had planned for probably the last six/seven months, a long time yes, but honestly I never got around to actually putting pen to paper, so to speak. Anyone familiar with Star Wars canon will already know of the Star Wars Infinities series, in it's most basic form it has often been used as a kind of "What If ?" glimpse of what might have been had certain events transpired in the galaxy far, far away, some such as the Obi-Wan/Darth Maul rematch may have lacked realism, for all intents and purposes Maul should have died about three seconds into that fight as Obi-Wan was probably the third greatest of the Jedi swordsmen. Others such as the Darth Maul/Darth Vader duel gave us a good laugh at watching the Iridonian die another anticlimactic death just close to victory.

As you might guess, the Infinities series also had the good measure to show what might have been had certain major canon events been changed, such as Infinities Episode V where Luke actually died on Hoth and it was Leia who was brought to Yoda to train. To my knowledge, while the original series has been given the Infinities treatment, the New Trilogy has not, providing those of us here who relish a good Star Wars RPG with a enjoyable opportunity. Essentially I would like this to be the forerunner in a three RPG series, covering the prequel trilogy, and should it work out, perhaps go on even further. For the RPG itself, each person will be taking on the role of one of the main characters from Episode I, except for Master Qui-Gon Jinn who will be played by myself.

As has become the standard in my recent works, I won?t asking for a traditional sign up, instead I?ll be asking for a sample post from your character?s point of view from just before the start of the RPG. In the case of any potential Obi-Wans you could reflect on the last few years with Master Qui-Gon as well as your potential anxieties about the up-coming Jedi Trials. Due to the fact that certain characters do not make appearances until later in the film, this will also be a partially chapter based RPG, what I mean by that is that certain parts will feature only certain characters but there will be no set posting order.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Kaos Anarchy']sounds good always been a fan of starwars.. so is there a certain signup type post?[/quote]

[SIZE=1]For future reference Kaos the Arena Underground usually contains the counterpart threads to RPGs for asking questions, this RPGs Underground thread, The Temple can be found [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=53473][b]here[/b][/url]. I answer to your question, as I said in the last paragraph of the prologue, I'm asking from a sample post from your chosen character's point of view, this sample post should contain all necessary and relevant knowledge for that character and give an idea of the posting standard of the person signing up. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=SlateGray][I love you Gavin. Finally a star wars rp!! Ok ok shoot me or don?t, I?m trying my hand at Anakin. Oh dear, if I?ve stuffed up in any major way please tell me. I don?t think I did him any justice ? : ( *sigh* Strangely enough I know more about the Old Republic than any other era. Forgive me if I?ve stuffed up any dialect, my Huttese is a bit rusty. *Gasps and rips hair out*] [/COLOR] [/B]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][B]?This is never going to work Threepio?[/B] Anakin brushed his bowl cut, brown-blonde hair from his blue eyes. His brow furrowed as he sat in the cockpit staring at the controls, there was something that he was missing. This was the 4th time that he had attempted to start his pod racer that day, frankly things were going no where fast.

[B]?Patience master Ani, I?m quite sure that you will have it running in no time? [/B] Threepio made and effort to hide the skepticism in his voice modulator, it had not been that long ago that Ani had crashed Watto?s Pod at the races. He didn?t finish the race, but mostly saved the pod from total destruction, mostly.

Threepio waddled inside as he heard Shmi call for him from the house, Anakin stayed where he was and pondered some more. Threepio was much like his pod racer; make from salvaged parts, his robot was prone to breaking down and still somewhat lacked the ability to walk properly, he wasn?t totally finished. Sand was always a big problem; it invaded his circuits at every moment, they just didn?t have the money to buy proper coverings. C-3P0 and his racer would be properly completed, eventually.

He poked buttons and flicked switches on his racer as he thought; it wasn?t that long ago that he had dreamt something he truly hoped, one day would come true. Ani saw himself older, as a Jedi, he returned to Tatooine and freed every slave from their masters? clutches. He despised using the term ?Slave? and was prone to lashing out at anyone who called him such. As far as he was concerned he was a person and should be referred to as one. But the matter of fact remained, he was a slave and as far as he could see, there was no way out of it.

The morning suns glare beat down on his neck, he had grown up in the sweltering heat but even so, sometimes it proved a bit much. Ani was interrupted by the calls of his mother, he loved her so dearly and shuddered to think what he would do if he found himself without her.

[B]?Ani, Ani!? You will be late again if you don?t get moving?[/B] [I]Opps[/I] he thought, if he was late again Watto would not be happy and he?d be forced to work late and without food, something which he deeply despised doing, life working for the Toydarian was difficult.

Ani jumped from the cockpit of the pod and raced inside so fast, that it would have seemed he left a lingering cloud of dust in his wake. Collecting all that he needed and snatching fruit from the table for good measure, he rushed up to Shmi who was busy cooking. His mother was a woman who had had life difficult and it showed on her face. Some of her previous owners were kind, others were cruel, Watto allowed her very few personal possessions.

[B]?Mum I gotta go, bye!?[/B] He tugged on her sleeve as he spoke, she looked down at him and a smile passed her lips. She nodded and kissed the top of his head, Ani groaned as if to say, [I]?do you have to do to that?? [/I] and was out the door in a flash.
It wouldn?t take long to reach Watto?s shop; he had a long way to run but could make it if he tried hard enough. Eventually Ani made it there, Watto?s voice chimed in from the back of the junk shop ready to greet a new customer. [B]"Hi chuba da nago?"[/B]

[B]?Soong je? [/B] Anakin replied, he hoped that Watto didn?t notice the time; he was late, if only by a few minutes. Ani approached the rear of the store as Watto appeared from out side. The Toydarian?s blue wings beat faster than the eye could follow, he few over to the counter and sat behind it, his creamy colored gut becoming even more prominent than before. The way that he talked it was fitting that his pot belly be filled with gas.

[B]"Fweepa niaga.? [/B] He spoke angrily, if he did indeed notice the time Ani would bare the consequences later, [I]Life will get better one day [/I] he told himself, walking out side he retrieved what he need to start cleaning, he looked up to the clear blue sky and imagined the stars that would appear at night and the planets they belonged too. [B]?Someday, I?ll be the first one to see?em all?[/B] he muttered.[/COLOR][/SIZE]