OtakuBoards

Display problems with Opera

roxybudgy

I tried to search to avoid making a double thread, and that search lead me to a 20 page long thread, and after looking through 10 pages, I figured I might as well make a thread.

Anyway, if anyone noticed, it's been a long time since I visited theOtaku, mainly because I switched to using Opera, and for some reason, Opera renders the main page of theOtaku almost unreadable as the news items overlap each other.

If this is indeed an Opera problem, is it possible to fix this somehow? Maybe the site could detect the browser and then use a different stylesheet so that the site is readable.

If it's not an Opera problem, what can I do to be able to read the site?

I don't really have any problems with theOtakuBoards or MyOtaku, but the main problem is the main page, and I usually don't venture further than that if I can't read it.

[font=franklin gothic medium]Adam may have already read this but in any case, I will tell him about it when I see him. Perhaps you could post a screenshot here so that we can evaluate it? Our sites are generally cross-browser compatible and I'm sure Adam would like theOtaku.com to be viewable in as many browsers as possible.[/font]

Here's what the main page looks like for me in Opera:

[IMG]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5306/theotaku6mr.jpg[/IMG]

You'll notice that some parts overlap each other while the rest are really spaced out beneath, see how small the scroll bar thingy is.

[color=Blue]I've noticed this before in Opera on the comments pages. It seems to be an Opera rendering problem, which is why I don't use the browser because the problem does not appear with any other browser. My suggestion, for now anyway, would be to just use a different browser when browsing theOtaku.
[/color]