OtakuBoards

Spellcheck

Raiyuu

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]I've noticed that on some other vBulletin forums, when you post there's a "Check Spelling" button alongside "Submit Post" and "Preview Post". Considering OB's emphasis on good spelling, amongst other post quality issues, this would probably be a useful feature - it would certainly be easier than writing out the post in Word, checking, then copy & pasting.

So, to anyone who actually understands vB: is this a feature OB is capable of implementing, or is it something only available with newer versions of vB? Because if it were a default option, I'd assume we'd have turned it on before now.

[[URL=http://www.bleachforums.com][u]Bleach Forums[/u][/URL] is the site where I've seen this feature, if that helps.][/FONT]

[COLOR=Sienna]I?ll second that. I?m a terrible speller and my grammar is atrocious. I type up everything in word and then once I?m done I copy and paste it into my post. And when I?m at a different computer I use hotmail to check my spelling.

If it were possible I would love to see this feature. I know I would be using it every time I post. [/COLOR]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]While that would make things very convenient, I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement. I've been using an equally easy solution for quite a while now though. I used to use Word to check spelling but the Google Toolbar now has a built in spell checker which works perfectly. Plus, it gives a nice easy way to get to Google so there's no real downside unless you don't like extra toolbars.[/color][/font]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

If it's possible I'd love to see a spellchecker feature added to OtakuBoards, although seeing as it would probably be set to English-US spelling I'd have go back to Word occasionally to make sure that all those words Americans use "Z", while we Europeans use "S" were correct. My spelling and grammar are usually fine, but I still like to run it through Word to make sure everything is hunky-dory. Again I think this would be a great additional feature for OB, especially those shorter, more concise replies like this one. That is if it's feasible of course. [/SIZE]