Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I PM the boss James and told him about my idea of a chat room forum here in the OB. It will be a place were you can meet people online at the OB and just talk with no specific converstions whatsoever and he told me to post a thread here asking for feedback on my idea so what do you people think.
Posted
[SIZE=1]Personally, I'm not all that up for it. I like OB over other things partly because it doesn't have a space for such things. If we set up a chat forum, we'll just be redirecting spam rather than discouraging it.

Besides, I s'pose if people want to chat aimlessly, they can include their AIM/MSN/etc. handle in their profile page, and do so through those vile programs. People've been doin' it since the dawn of [strike]Otakuboards[/strike] mankind, y'know.[/SIZE]
Posted
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]There has been a previous discussion about this idea [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=52251][U]here[/U][/URL]. You may want to read up on it.[/FONT]
Posted
I wouldnt mind the idea, For one people don't always wanna post these long informative posts like most moderators want them to do, I know it sorta gets old in my mind Now i like making the long posts sometimes and i know they are trying to keep out the Spammers and what not but there are days i would just like to make a "Lousy" post and not worry about my repercussions for it.
Posted
[quote name='Obesepanda']I wouldnt mind the idea, For one people don't always wanna post these long informative posts like most moderators want them to do, I know it sorta gets old in my mind Now i like making the long posts sometimes and i know they are trying to keep out the Spammers and what not but there are days i would just like to make a "Lousy" post and not worry about my repercussions for it.[/quote]
[size=1]Yeah, I often yearn to make a lousy post to validate myself too. Let's be friends.[/size]
Posted
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I think something like this wouild be pretty cool. Kinda like having a conversion with whoever's in the room, instead of going to the same place and conversing with the same people. Plus I don't use things like AIM, so I don't ever get to experience those, "WTF? AIM Moments."

Oh, how I want to know how it feels... :rolleyes: [/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[color=#4B0082]I wouldn't mind a separate chat room set up for OB members (which has been suggested before, take a look at the thread Stuart linked to), but setting up an actual forum on the board here is out of the question. Not only would that defeat the purpose of a chat facility, since the forums aren't in real time, but it would also pretty much be the same thing as the much suggested spam forum. In other words, it would be filled with tons of short little posts that don't line up with the site rules, which won't be happening.

So, separate chat = good. Forum chat = bad. And in the mean time, before we get a separate chat room set up (who knows when that could be, if at all), AIM is free to download and easy to use.[/color]
Posted
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well when I first came about this thread and actually gave a though to the idea I though "Hey maybe this could really be a good idea, blah blah blah" Then once I actually though through for a while I actualy realised how many anime fangirls would come in going "OMG! I want to have dark's babies!!!!' So yeah I agree with Desbreko, having a chat that is away from the webpage of the boards is actually alot better than one thats inside it. Now then who will be the brave soul to host it...[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1][color=slategray]Yes... a chat forum would sort of defeat the purpose of the quality of the OtakuBoards. Plus, when new members would join, see that certain chat forum, then they would more than likely assume the rest of the OB is accepting of that sort of... "format."

I do, however, miss the old TheOtaku chat room. How many years has it been since they shut that down? Too long, I think. I had some good times back in that chat room, and I'd be game if they put up a new one.[/color][/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...