OtakuBoards

First thread that I am setting up of pokemon

lord_brocktree

:ball: Hi every one, I am going to try at setting up my own team rating system to maybe help you complete all the pokemon games:ball:

I'll have my first team to help break the ice.

Tauros: Mintberry Nickname Brocktree
Earthquake
Rest
Thrash
Thunderbolt

I did some trading to red to get that on him Kinda as my suprise move.

Scyther: Metal Coat Nickname Midge
Swords Dance
Double Team
Steelwing
Wing Attack

Steelix: Leftovers Nickname Steeljaw
Curse
Explosion
Rockslide
Earthquake

I traded the onix to my red to get explosion.

Machamp:Scope Lens Nickname Sollertree
Focus Energy
Rockslide
Earthquake
Cross Chop

I traded him before he learned cross chop.

Entei: Charcoal Nickname (I need a good nickname for it)
Sunny Day
Roar
Flamethrower
Solarbeam

Now he can Pseudo-Haze

Espeon:Blackglasses Nickname Sunflash
Psychic
Bite
Moring Sun
Hidden Power Water

This is my all time favorite team. Please list your teams this is a helpful site so don't be afraid to post your team.

Good team we would probably have a good match because I've got a pretty good team to.
They are

Lv100:Charizard Item Charcoal
Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Fire Spin
Fly

Lv74:Mewtwo
Psybeam
Psychic
Flash
???Forgot

Lv55:Skarmory
Metal Claw
Fury Attack
Toxic
Fly

Lv88:Lugia
Fly
Hydro Pump
Gust
Drill Peck

Lv66:Tyhplosion Charcoal
Flame Wheel
Flamethrower
Thunderpunch
Dig

Lv88:Sunflora
Solarbeam
Razor Leaf
Mega Drain
Giga Drain

Guest Altron Gundam
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GotenksSSJ343 [/i]
[B]Good team we would probably have a good match because I've got a pretty good team to.
They are

Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Fire Spin
Fly

Psybeam
Psychic
Flash
???Forgot

Metal Claw
Fury Attack
Toxic
Fly

Fly
Hydro Pump
Gust
Drill Peck

Flame Wheel
Flamethrower
Thunderpunch
Dig

Solarbeam
Razor Leaf
Mega Drain
Giga Drain [/B][/QUOTE]

That's far from a strong team. That would be annihilated in two seconds. What are you doing?! All the moves on each certain Pokemon shouldn't have more than one type. For example you shouldn't have more than one fire move on a pokemon, same goes for any other type.

-That Charizard is **** in the dust. F-Thrower, F-Blast, F-Spin, Fly....where are you from....<>

-Mewtwo is a cheap moron only used by n00bs...

-Skarmory...ask V-Jolt on this one...

-Lugia...legendaries...cheapness...

-Typhlosion...umm you already have a fire type in Charizard, why another one?

-Sunflora..more variety...sheesh...all grass moves...and it'll be annihilated...

-Take heed in this as an example of a proper moveset for a Pokemon:

Exeggutor: <>

Starmie: <>

[B]Good team we would probably have a good match because I've got a pretty good team to.
They are

Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Fire Spin
Fly

Psybeam
Psychic
Flash
???Forgot

Metal Claw
Fury Attack
Toxic
Fly

Fly
Hydro Pump
Gust
Drill Peck

Flame Wheel
Flamethrower
Thunderpunch
Dig

Solarbeam
Razor Leaf
Mega Drain
Giga Drain [/B][/QUOTE]

I know nothing of the gold/silver pokemon, but as for red/blue, I am quite exceptional, ask altron for proof, anyway, for the 2 pokemon's that do you have that are in red/blue....

charizard

your charizard stinks, what else can I say? that sucka would been beat in 3 seconds flat, my suggestion? well for a start you can have him just have fire blast for a fire move, kills enemies weak against fire in 1 hit, and does serious damage to anyone who has no resistance to fire, now have earthquake, makes quick work of ghosts and its effects are enhanced with swords dance, which you should also learn, final move, hyper beam or slash, your choice, hyper beam can kill in 1 hit if strengthened by sword dance, BUT you will miss a go, leaving you open, whereas slash can also kill them in 1 hit when strengthened by sword dance, and won't need to be recharged....

mewtwo

heh, cheapzilla, as I like to call him, the infamous pokemon which can take a whole team down without any problems, providing the opponent doesn't have a mewtwo themself, anyway, psychic, recover, amnesia and blizzard is what I recommend, start a match by using amnesia, and then psychic can kill just about any enemy in one hit....

and there ya go....

-Booker S

[color=rainbow] Heh, here's my team. My old one sucked, so I made a new one.
-Mewtwo-L.100 @ Bright Powder/Twisted Spoon
Blizzard
Phsychic
Amnesia
Recover
Seph, I know why you like that move set. It can wipe out intire teams by itslef. Defintetly valubale to a team.

-Charizard-L.100 @ Charcoal/Leftovers
Flamethrower
Wing Attack
Earthquake
Double Team

It's a pretty well-rounded Charizard, with two attacks that get STAB (Same Type Ability Boost), and Earthquake I find is a really good move to have on something like Charizard, and the annoyence attack, Double Team. Hee hee.:smirk:

-Zapdos-L.100 @ Magnet/Sharp Beak
Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
Drill Peck
Double Team

Ahh, my precious Zapdos. He (or she, it doesn't specify gender) has been on every taem I ever had, and has been modifyed many times. I start with Thunder Wave and paralyze the opponent, making me faster than it (as if I already wasn't) and reduces attacking ability. Then, depending what it is, I use either Thunder Bolt or Drill Peck. I perfer Thunder Bolt over Thunder for it's accuracy, and I like the good solid attack of Drill Peck. Of course, if things aren't looking too good, (or if they are and I want to bug them
:p) I use Double Team. Some people like to use Light Screen, but I don't think it's nessecary.

-Tyranitar-L.100 @ Black Glasses
Earthquake
Crunch
Double Team
Explosion

I like using Tyranitar because of his sheer brute strength. His moves are okay I guess...I'm not sure though, so I'm open to changes.

-Starmie-L.100 @ Mystic Water/ Bright Powder
Surf/Blizzard
Thunderwave
Phsychic
Recover

Starmie is a really good water type, it can learn alot of good moves and is really fast. I'm not sure if I should use Surf or Blizzard..right now it's with Surf and it's doing okay. I love Phsychic on my Starmie...it's the main move I use. Recover is there for obvious reasons, and nothing like paralyzing the other Pokêmon with an annoying move.

-Magneton-L.100 @ Magnet
Explosion
Thunderwave
Double Team
Thunder Bolt

I know, I already have a Zapdos almost exactly like it, but c'mon, it's Magneton. It's my fastes Pokêmon along with Zapdos and Mewtwo, and it's really good. Thunderwave for obvious reasons, Double Team for super annoyence, Thunderbolt for it's accuracy, and if thing's aren't looking good, BOOM! And with Magneton's Steel-type characteristic, it can survive and Explosion.

That's my team...not really good, but not really bad either...I've had alot of success with it.
:ball: [/color]

Guest Altron Gundam
[B]3 seconds flat:therock: come on I havent lost a match yet and as soon as I find my crsytal I'll probably get a better team.And i just got an Alakazam that knows thunder Psychic Fire Blast and Hypnossis(SP) and it's my gold that I'm playing [/B][/QUOTE]

then you've either played one player all this time or have been playing imcompetent idiots...that Alakazam is weak...
<>

Why do people think they have a stronger team if it is mewtwo or mew? Legenedary pokemon are hard to get and fancy but aren't that strong. If you train it just right a freakin' Bulbasaur could kick mews butt-ox. I'm saying this because I went through it myself. I say everyones team is good because my team is of a hoot hoot and a ratatta. (My game got erased) And they really could beat my team. But two years ago I could kick anyones butt-ox with my 100 lvl. Charizard,Blastiose,Venasuar,Rachiau(Sp?),pigeot and something else. But everyone I fought had crap pokemon so it was easy. I never did get a real challenge. So i am a winning loser. But since this topic isn't about me and my pokemon years i'll shut up.

to make my team, i used a monterbrain(brainboy) to give my pokemon differant moves...

Mewtwo-lv.100

Moves-
Lock on
Mind Reader
Horn Drill
Fissure

Persian-lv.100

Moves-
Rain Dance
Thunder
Hydro Pump
Psychic

Lugia-lv.100

Moves-
SafeGuard
Psychic
AeroBlast
Hyper Beam

Golem-lv.100

Item: Soft Sand

Moves-
Magnitude
Earthquake
ThunderBolt
Explosion (Last Resort)

Hitmonchan-lv.100

Item: Focus Band

Moves-
Reversal
CrossChop
MegaHorn
Psychic

Snorlax-lv.100

Item- Quick Claw

Moves-
DefenseCurl
Rollout
Lock On
Fissure

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]I just like mew and its the first time I've ever had one, and its cool to see the looks on peoples faces when you bring out your mew. if you haven't guessed yet, it was really annoying to get a mew from the travelling nintendo thing [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow. You have some freaky friends. I got excited about once . The first time I saw mew. Everyone has one now. And if they don't they are betters trainers. No offence ofcourse.

Guest Altron Gundam
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cruizr [/i]
[B]to make my team, i used a monterbrain(brainboy) to give my pokemon differant moves...

Mewtwo-lv.100

Moves-
Lock on
Mind Reader
Horn Drill
Fissure

Persian-lv.100

Moves-
Rain Dance
Thunder
Hydro Pump
Psychic

Lugia-lv.100

Moves-
SafeGuard
Psychic
AeroBlast
Hyper Beam

Golem-lv.100

Item: Soft Sand

Moves-
Magnitude
Earthquake
ThunderBolt
Explosion (Last Resort)

Hitmonchan-lv.100

Item: Focus Band

Moves-
Reversal
CrossChop
MegaHorn
Psychic

Snorlax-lv.100

Item- Quick Claw

Moves-
DefenseCurl
Rollout
Lock On
Fissure [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm an RBY expert more than GSC, so I'll give this my best shot...

Mewtwo: Cheapness BUT go w/ Blizzard, Amnesia, Psychic, Recover.

Lugia: Hell I dunno...

Golem: T-Bolt..wtf...isn't his special like crappy..instead go w/ Rock Slide, E-Quake, Explosion, Body Slam

Hitmonchan- I dunno..

Snorlax: go w/ the Fishlax moveset.
<>
or the standard
<>

with Mewtwo, Mind Reader, and Lock-On make the next moves accuracy 100%, and causes horn drill and fissure to go from 30% accuracy to 100%...i cant think of a better way to win then 3 strait 1 hit ko's...heh...with golem, i taught him thunderbolt so whenever he Vs. a water type, he will know their weakness...and with snorlax, his defense is very high, adding dafese curl gives him more defense...but with rollout...the higher you defence...the stronger the attack...

[B] [I] "Cruizr was/is/and forever will be...here" [/I] [/B]

For all you people out there I am a gold/silver/r/b/y expert. I am sorry I know very little about crystal. The best pokemon that you can have is one that is raised from an incredibly low level with out rare candies. I don't think alot of people know that. The team I have hasn't been beat yet. The key to beating people is versitility. I can't spell worht crap. Thanks posting teams, I'll Try to catch up soon. I promise!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Altron Gundam
You may say you're an RBY expert but I believe you to just be a GSC expert. Me and Sephiroth have been through the tricks of the trade since Pokemon came out with RBY. We are the top two RBY players, prob. on this board. R/B/Y comes easily to us, while GSC is remotely handled by vaporjolt when he comes around once in a while. By the looks of your team, you look more like a really good player than an expert at this point.

I am attempting to catch up. I am going to rate Gotenks Team right now.

Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Fire Spin
Fly
Great Charizard for r/b/y but a charizard for g/s would have a moveset of wingattack(STAB),Steel wing,Earthquake, and Flamethrower. That makes him very versitily.

Psybeam
Psychic
Flash
???Forgot
Legendaries are fun to use, He has to many attacks of the same type. A good moveset for mewtwo is psychic,Recover,thunderbolt and submission. Submission is for annoying pokemon like Umbreon and Blissey.
Metal Claw
Fury Attack
Toxic
Fly
You Must have a Crytal, Lose Toxic for Sandstorm and your good to go.
Fly
Hydro Pump
Gust
Drill Peck
Two Psychis lenderies on the same team??? I don't know if this is a crystal moveset with drill peck. The moveste I go with is Usually, Aeroblast,Surf,Recover,Psychic. STAB Attacks plus versitility make unstoppalbe.
Flame Wheel
Flamethrower
Thunderpunch
Dig
Loose Flame wheel replace it with return.
Solarbeam
Razor Leaf
Mega Drain
Giga Drain
Lose sunflora, Replace it with a fighting type to help stop the standard tyranitar. I replace it with a machamp that knows Cross Chop, Earthquake,Rockslide, and lightscreen/focus energy/Fireblast. I use I fireblast as a curve ball move to attempt to throw everybody off.
It is a pretty good team, I think you like using legendaries. There is nothing wrong with legendaries as long as you don't use rare candies. See ya all later.

Guest Altron Gundam
[B]MY TEAM DOSEN'T SUCK FOR GOD SAKES except Sunflora:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :cussing: :cussing: :angry2: :angry2: :cussing: : :cussing: :

and I've been playing pretty god darn hard players [/B][/QUOTE]

believe me when i say this...but that team does suck...

-All fire moves on a Charizard is a death wish, w/o E-Quake it has no chance against rock types which it has a 4x weakness to...w/ E-Quake, when powered up by S-Dance, it can take out a Rock type in one hit with its superior speed.

- Mewtwo is for newbies who suck and need it to win...*coughs*

-Skarmory is out of my knowledge.

- Lugia...legendaries...humph...

-Typhlosion
What is Charizard? Oh wait, its a fire type...only one Pokemon for each type...even 8 year olds can pick that up...

- Sunflora
Good lord....all grass moves and no status changers? Dude...that's wack..

You're opponents must be newbies.

• 2 weeks later...